Axl the last of the visionaries?

HankMoody

what is new, anyway? the beatles were new and anything that followed was less new. sabbath were new but metallica

took that to another level.

Guns N' Roses took something that already existed but never obtained in the way they had created.

in the end, in my opinion anyway, it's how much character of yourself you put into the music and if you're interesting

enough as a person and have the ability to write songs and perform, you create something new because it's you.

what is new, anyway? the beatles were new and anything that followed was less new. sabbath were new but metallica

Guns N' Roses took something that already existed but never obtained in the way they had created.

in the end, in my opinion anyway, it's how much character of yourself you put into the music and if you're interesting

enough as a person and have the ability to write songs and perform, you create something new because it's you.

Yeah Metallica ruined what Sabbath had created & Aerosmith > GNR

The thread creator said "visionary" - you aren't a visionary if you rehash old ideas, you are if you come up with something new & typically inspires what comes next (so by the threadmakers logic Axl's vision was to have no rockstars? makes no sense)

I will say that Axl is the last of the big commercial budget pre-madonna rockstars. The record label funded egotistical assholes who think their entourage rules the world. Most rockstars who came after were a bit more humble, besides maybe the Gallagher brothers.

Yeah Metallica ruined what Sabbath had created & Aerosmith > GNR

The thread creator said "visionary" - you aren't a visionary if you rehash old ideas, you are if you come up with something new & typically inspires what comes next (so by the threadmakers logic Axl's vision was to have no rockstars? makes no sense)

I will say that Axl is the last of the big commercial budget pre-madonna rockstars. The record label funded egotistical assholes who think their entourage rules the world. Most rockstars who came after were a bit more humble, besides maybe the Gallagher brothers.

Metallica invented trash or at least used it in a new way. Master and Justice are good examples for that.

Aerosmith was a big influence on guns but was only a part of the sound of the band, much like AC/DC or zeppelin.

Jimmy page stole a lot from old blues players and yet, the music he created was a new animal. it's what you do with what

you know and feel that can lead you to new uncharted creative places.

I think everyone knows who I think is a visionary.

Kip Winger?

Don't be dissin' on my boy Kip. You go make the solo in "Seventeen" or "Headed For A Heartbreak" and then talk stuff 'bout my boy (even though Reb Beach was the guitarist, I dunno). :P

If I were responsible for "Seventeen" or "Headed for a Heartbreak", or had any connection to them whatsoever, I'd be embarrassed.