Shit Bands

Robo Axl

1. U2

2. Radiohead

3. Blur

4. Rush

All pathetic bands who churn out absolute garbage with 0 artistic merit or entertainment value year after year while acting as if they actually mean something. Uninteresting music and lyrics, pseudo-intellectualism, pretentiousness. Ugh. Who else?

Fuckin' hell.

That's just...

I mean...Fuck :shocked:

Many bands I dislike. I am not drawn to their music, dislike a particular aspect, vocal tones, lyrics, genre...whatever. That does not, however, mean to say it's shit. Opinion differs from fact, like/dislike differs from talent/ability.

I mean...you've just gone and proven your narrow-mindedness in one post. I'm not saying everyone needs a wide range of taste from Belgian Acid-Jazz to German Synth-Pop, to Southern Country Rock to Swedish Death Metal, but at least accept that there is OTHER music to what you like, and just as many people willbe into that style as they are with your favourites.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying everyone needs a wide range of taste from Belgian Acid-Jazz to German Synth-Pop, to Southern Country Rock to Swedish Death Metal

People like that are usually boring as fuck.

"So what music do you like?"

"All"

"Anything particularly"

"Nothing you would have heard of"

"Oh, so you listen to the mainstream Belgian Acid-Jazz, I liked that when I was 14"

I'm not saying everyone needs a wide range of taste from Belgian Acid-Jazz to German Synth-Pop, to Southern Country Rock to Swedish Death Metal

People like that are usually boring as fuck.

"So what music do you like?"

"All"

"Anything particularly"

"Nothing you would have heard of"

"Oh, so you listen to the mainstream Belgian Acid-Jazz, I liked that when I was 14"

haha. I hate when you ask someone, "What's your favorite band?" and they respond with "Oh, I like everything."

YOU DO NOT FUCKING LIKE EVERY KIND OF MUSIC!!!! :fuckyou:

I'll agree with Radiohead. Thom York just is... ugh.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm not a big Radiohead fan either, though.

Oh yeah for sure, a lot of my friends that like and worship tom york think GNR is a joke and Axl is a dick. (Though they really aren't that off in that)

lots of radiohead hate here. and obviously a lot of nirvana hate. i love both bands, especially radiohead. i'd say radiohead is above gnr, and nirvana is maybe equal, depending on my mood.

i think DMB & U2 are two shit bands that think they're great, and people think they're great.

I think Creep is ok, but I listened to all of Hail to The Thief and it's just dull. And not Pink Floyd smart dull, just dull.

Edited by where's izzy?

lots of radiohead hate here. and obviously a lot of nirvana hate. i love both bands, especially radiohead. i'd say radiohead is above gnr, and nirvana is maybe equal, depending on my mood.

i think DMB & U2 are two shit bands that think they're great, and people think they're great.

I think Creep is ok, but I listened to all of Hail to The Thief and it's just dull. And not Pink Floyd smart dull, just dull.

Creep is one of their worst songs, Pablo Honey is a bad album in general.

Hail to the Thief is tough to get into. The album is too long, if they cut a few tracks it'd be better. Try OK Computer first.

And Pink Floyd dull? No way

Edited by mr. orangestone

For a fan of guitar rock I'd recommend The Bends as an introduction to Radiohead. I prefer it (slightly) over OK Computer. Those two are really the only Radiohead albums I listen to...

Really? The Bends has some great tracks, but it has some really generic 90s stuff too (Bones, Sulk, Black Star, Just, and Nice Dream). But the other tracks, minus MIL, are great.

For a fan of guitar rock I'd recommend The Bends as an introduction to Radiohead. I prefer it (slightly) over OK Computer. Those two are really the only Radiohead albums I listen to...

Really? The Bends has some great tracks, but it has some really generic 90s stuff too (Bones, Sulk, Black Star, Just, and Nice Dream). But the other tracks, minus MIL, are great.

I haven't listened to it in a while...(and really not that much at all) but it was the record that made me appreciate Radiohead (back when I almost exclusively listened to hard rock and classic rock) and thought OK Computer was boring as fuck. I suppose one of the reasons I prefer it to OK Computer is simply because it was the record that got me into them, but then I'm not one of those "OK Computer is the greatest album of all time"-people. It's very good, and so is The Bends, but I wouldn't give either of them 5/5 (both would 4,5/5). And it's got a lot more guitar work that might appeal to someone who usually only listens to guitar based rock, and might be a better introduction for that reason than OK Computer which is more subtle and lacks the "guitar heroics" of The Bends.

I haven't listened to it in a while...(and really not that much at all) but it was the record that made me appreciate Radiohead (back when I almost exclusively listened to hard rock and classic rock) and thought OK Computer was boring as fuck. I suppose one of the reasons I prefer it to OK Computer is simply because it was the record that got me into them, but then I'm not one of those "OK Computer is the greatest album of all time"-people. It's very good, and so is The Bends, but I wouldn't give either of them 5/5 (both would 4,5/5). And it's got a lot more guitar work that might appeal to someone who usually only listens to guitar based rock, and might be a better introduction for that reason than OK Computer which is more subtle and lacks the "guitar heroics" of The Bends.

Yeah definitely, it is a more guitar-driven record. That's what I enjoy more about OK Computer though, much more experimental. I did like the Bend more initially than I do now, but now I prefer Radiohead's experimental stuff more.

1. U2

2. Radiohead

3. Blur

4. Rush

All pathetic bands who churn out absolute garbage with 0 artistic merit or entertainment value year after year while acting as if they actually mean something. Uninteresting music and lyrics, pseudo-intellectualism, pretentiousness. Ugh. Who else?

I know its a matter of opinion but Radiohead? C'mon man. What these guys do is brilliant. Take out th lyrics even and their composition is far beyond and popular alternative band out there, although I really like what Tom Yorke has to say.

They are also highly repected with a couple of Jazz artists, Brad Mehldau for example, doing arrangments of Radiohead songs.

1. U2

2. Radiohead

3. Blur

4. Rush

rush?!?! rush is one incredible band

spirit of the radio is the fathest thing away from garbage