New York Dolls New Album May 5

ronaldo9

New York Dolls reunite with Rundgren for new album

LONDON (Billboard) – Veteran rock act the New York Dolls will issue its fourth album, "Cause I Sez So," on May 5 in the U.S. and a day earlier in the U.K.

The band, which was revived in 2004 at the instigation of singer-songwriter Morrissey, who was curating the Meltdown festival in London, has reunited with Todd Rundgren, producer of its self-titled 1973 debut. A re-recorded version of "Trash" from that album features on the new set.

"Cause I Sez So" (Atco) was recorded at Utopia Sound Studio in Kauai, Hawaii, and features original members David Johansen on vocals and Sylvain Sylvain on guitar, alongside Steve Conte (guitar), Brian Delaney (drums), and Sami Yaffa (bass).

"It was amazing working with Todd again, and I think we were able to evoke the special sound of our first album and drag it by the hair into the present," Johansen said in a statement.

Article

And the track list from their website:

Track Listing

01. 'Cause I Sez So

02. Muddy Bones

03. Better Than

04. Lonely So Long

05. My World

06. Ridiculous

07. Temptation To Exist

08. Making Rain

09. Drowning

10. Nobody Got No Bizness

11. Trash

12. Exorcism Of Despair

http://www.nydolls.org/news.php?ID=64

I adore their two original studio albums. Their comeback album from 2006(?) was surprisingly good but it just didn't feel the same... I'll definitely check this out but I'm not getting a good feeling from the album name... (I hate it when people spell stuff like "sez" and "bizness"). It's cool that they're working with Todd Rundgren though, and I'd really like to see them live.

The vibe's different now...but still a great little band in their own right.

If they weren't standing in the shadow of their legacy,they'd still be deserving of props as a great band (considering the dire state of music these days).

(considering the dire state of music these days).

How so?

Guarantee you the new Dolls record won't have a Nickleback vibe about it.

It won't get mainstream radio play.

It probably won't make the charts.

It's guys making music because they love to do it.

Regardless of renumeration.

Not a lot of that around these days.

The first ones that spring to mind is the indie scene and rap and hip hop, who is constantly evolving, especially alternative rap/hip hop.

Got anything for me in rock?

battles

don cabellero

the mars volta

sigur ros

kayo dot

a silver mt. zion

the sound of animals fighting

sleeping people

the blood brothers

hi red center

sgt.

maps & atlases

tera melos

extra life

toe

hella

giraffes? giraffes

marnie stern

... off the dome.

that whole 'there isn't good music anymore' shit is so whack. learn how to find music.

The first ones that spring to mind is the indie scene and rap and hip hop, who is constantly evolving, especially alternative rap/hip hop.

Have your heard Reigning Sound (garage rock) or The Exploding Hearts (punk rock)?

battles

don cabellero

the mars volta

sigur ros

kayo dot

a silver mt. zion

the sound of animals fighting

sleeping people

the blood brothers

hi red center

sgt.

maps & atlases

tera melos

extra life

toe

hella

giraffes? giraffes

marnie stern

... off the dome.

that whole 'there isn't good music anymore' shit is so whack. learn how to find music.

I'm going to give these a listen, and the ones Lithium posted. I've been meaning to listen to some new stuff (new to me, not necessarily new to the world, although that too) for a while now. But I'll probably only dig a handful of songs from the list of artists posted here. Seems to be the way it goes for me. I'm more than willing to listen to new music but it usually doesn't connect. Maybe some people just have very particular tastes. I've heard tons of songs that are alright, I can listen to them and not want to die, but they don't really move me or connect with me in a powerful way. And if they are just okay then it's not enough. I want chills running up my spine. And it kind of makes sense to me that only a fraction of what I hear should do this, because it shouldn't be an easy thing to do.

Edited by KBear

Wow!

Lots of ground breaking bands out there...

I'll have to give a listen to see what's turning the rock world on its ear.

Cheers...thanks for the info.

I'm not going to hear anything derivitive am I??