Prince or Michael Jackson?

Guest Apollo

Prince or Michael Jackson  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thriller > Almost every other record that has ever been recorded.

There was nothing like it then, and there has been nothing like it since.

While Thriller is definitely his most iconic album, I don't even think it's his best work, and certainly not the best record ever recorded.

Exactly.

Thriller was his most POP friendly album

And, most people judge an artist by his entire body of work. Not just by their "one" big smash album

For a time period, MJ was the top "performer" in the music world.

Prince has been relevant - because of whatever album he put out at the time - for the past 20 years. Michael????? He's more famous now for sham marriages, destroying his face, molesting children and his kiddie ranch. When was the last time he put out an album that was actually relevant?

Lastly - people who say MJ is the best ever because of an album he put out 25 years ago are idiotic.

That's pretty much it, that sums it up nicely. I'd say MJ is more infamous than famous these days...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo

While Thriller is definitely his most iconic album, I don't even think it's his best work, and certainly not the best record ever recorded.

Exactly.

And, most people judge an artist by his entire body of work. Not just by their "one" big smash album

Prince has been relevant - because of whatever album he put out at the time - for the past 20 years. Michael????? He's more famous now for sham marriages, destroying his face, molesting children and his kiddie ranch. When was the last time he put out an album that was actually relevant?

Lastly - people who say MJ is the best ever because of an album he put out 25 years ago are idiotic.

That's pretty much it, that sums it up nicely. I'd say MJ is more infamous than famous these days...

Agreed.

Though i did quite enjoy Dirty Dianna

I'm more of a "Dangerous" fan myself, and not just because Slash pops up on it. MJ really took his sound to a totally different place with that record.

Since when did album sales and attendees at one's show decide the quality of an artist's music? All you bring up is his popularity and how the media speculate about him. Try bringing up his artistic credibilities and you might have a worthwhile debate there.

I'd say Jacko is the better entertainer, Prince is the better artist.

Wow!!! exactly what I expected..So you mean all the millions of people who spent money on Michael's albums are stupid,they dont know what is real good music and you're the one who got good music taste..get over it cuz you are livin in a daydream..Nobody ever even point a finger on Michael's musical talent and you are doubting his talent and comparing him iwith a guy who's is literally nothing in front of him..yes you guys made me curious about Prince so I had to take a look but you know what when Michael was just 10 or 11 yrs old,he sang better than Prince..Now cmon bash me try to argue with me,cmon hit me,try to kill me but you know what it doesnt change the facts..You can deny everything Mike has ever done but he dont loose even bit of his sleep cuz of it..He is greatest and you have to believe it and if you dont then i think you don't like to accept the truth..

Man he made Thriller he has done all of it and even if i dont count any of his other works he still surprass anyone..Have you heard Beat It???Have you heard Billie Jean?have you seen him perform Billie Jean???Man this guy lives music,breathes music,eat music..He is soo much musical than anyone else,he is a complete artist and 50% of Michael is complete artist cuz of his ability to interpretate music through his body.before him music was like bunch of loosers coming on stage singing song and go back home..But he changed everything..

Anyway I don't wanna hurt here anybody cuz I dont wanna do it,but it really bothers me sometimes when people start to deny the undeniable truth.Just cuz of you Mike is not gonna loose even a single penny.And ya if still millions of people love him then there's a reason for it.It's cuz of power of his music that still controls the heart's and minds of people and tht's powerful..His song are so timeless and for other artists their songs are like for the moment.One day you like them but other day you dont even listen to them but people still listen to Michael's music and Im still surprised to hear his music doesnt have the quality..

And ya sales are biggest factor in music's quality plus his concerts has been biggest ever,now come on tell me his shows are also of bad quality..And if you still say his music doesnt have quality then I hope God have some mercy on you..

Anyway Im sorry if I hurt you by this reply but you cant compare Michael with anyone in anything..he is magic both in recording studio and on stage..

It's really surprising that people keep looking for some ways to bash Michael but it doesnt change the fact that he is greatest performer this world has ever seen.And believe me there is no artist who can deny Michael's talent but you are tryin to do it..You think you know everything about music than anybody else..anyway just tell me how many albums you have ever sold???lol..Im just curious about it cuz you sound like you're the biggest music expert this world has ever seen or you're like the greatest artist this world has ever seen..Man nobody got any right to judge Michael Jackson,he has been throgh a lot and he is still so strong than any other artist out there.If any ofhet artist wud have gone through such circumstances,he/she wud be finished by now but Michael is still loved by so many.You can call his fans crazy or whatever but his fans are most loyal fans and they love him but no other artist got such fans..It's cuz of the power of his music that still lives in the hearts and minds of people.

Exactly.

Ohhh he is infamous thts why people are still ready to pay 100's of $$$ to see him in the concert..haha wow that was so fuckin funny :rofl-lol: And he sold out 50 shows in record time even when he is so infamous..Really I wanna be Michael Jackson then...if you think Michael is infamous then check your facts first,you saw lots of negative stuff written about him but when there is anything positive about him you start to try to find out something to bash him..May I know why???Cmon tell me why????Just cuz he is still the biggest musical act and you don't like it??You know what people like you spread hate in this world,your jealousy makes everything miserable.You dont wanna give this guy a credit for what he has done but instead of him you start comparing him to such artist who is virtually nothing in front of him

And Mike never released album like others every yr,he takes his time and release a perfect album..It means he is mostly about the quality not about the quantity..if you remember Beethoven,it took 10 yrs for him to compose his 9th symphany so it means Beethoven never had musical quality???Is that what you wanna say???

Anyway as I've said before you can try to deny everything he has ever done but it dont change the facts..There is a reason why he is called The World's Biggest Artist..

So you mean all the millions of people who spent money on Michael's albums are stupid,they dont know what is real good music and you're the one who got good music taste

i think it's pretty common knowledge that in the realm of pop music alot of times style prevails over substance.

not believing that little nugget of truth puts you in the minority, ironically enough.

so N'Sync and Briitney are better than The Band, Faces, and Mother Love Bone? see what i mean?

Edited by artfromtex

Exactly.

It's funny you have those criticisms of MJ, when many people would say the same thing about Prince. The guy has released some great material, but he's released so much other material that is just average that it makes him look worse. Let's call it diminishing returns. Many would say he hasn't been relevant since the Purple Rain days (or Sign O The Times), which happens to be 25 years ago. Go figure.

Since when did album sales and attendees at one's show decide the quality of an artist's music? All you bring up is his popularity and how the media speculate about him. Try bringing up his artistic credibilities and you might have a worthwhile debate there.

Wow!!! exactly what I expected..So you mean all the millions of people who spent money on Michael's albums are stupid,they dont know what is real good music and you're the one who got good music taste..get over it cuz you are livin in a daydream..Nobody ever even point a finger on Michael's musical talent and you are doubting his talent and comparing him iwith a guy who's is literally nothing in front of him..yes you guys made me curious about Prince so I had to take a look but you know what when Michael was just 10 or 11 yrs old,he sang better than Prince..Now cmon bash me try to argue with me,cmon hit me,try to kill me but you know what it doesnt change the facts..You can deny everything Mike has ever done but he dont loose even bit of his sleep cuz of it..He is greatest and you have to believe it and if you dont then i think you don't like to accept the truth..

Man he made Thriller he has done all of it and even if i dont count any of his other works he still surprass anyone..Have you heard Beat It???Have you heard Billie Jean?have you seen him perform Billie Jean???Man this guy lives music,breathes music,eat music..He is soo much musical than anyone else,he is a complete artist and 50% of Michael is complete artist cuz of his ability to interpretate music through his body.before him music was like bunch of loosers coming on stage singing song and go back home..But he changed everything..

Anyway I don't wanna hurt here anybody cuz I dont wanna do it,but it really bothers me sometimes when people start to deny the undeniable truth.Just cuz of you Mike is not gonna loose even a single penny.And ya if still millions of people love him then there's a reason for it.It's cuz of power of his music that still controls the heart's and minds of people and tht's powerful..His song are so timeless and for other artists their songs are like for the moment.One day you like them but other day you dont even listen to them but people still listen to Michael's music and Im still surprised to hear his music doesnt have the quality..

And ya sales are biggest factor in music's quality plus his concerts has been biggest ever,now come on tell me his shows are also of bad quality..And if you still say his music doesnt have quality then I hope God have some mercy on you..

Anyway Im sorry if I hurt you by this reply but you cant compare Michael with anyone in anything..he is magic both in recording studio and on stage..

It's really surprising that people keep looking for some ways to bash Michael but it doesnt change the fact that he is greatest performer this world has ever seen.And believe me there is no artist who can deny Michael's talent but you are tryin to do it..You think you know everything about music than anybody else..anyway just tell me how many albums you have ever sold???lol..Im just curious about it cuz you sound like you're the biggest music expert this world has ever seen or you're like the greatest artist this world has ever seen..Man nobody got any right to judge Michael Jackson,he has been throgh a lot and he is still so strong than any other artist out there.If any ofhet artist wud have gone through such circumstances,he/she wud be finished by now but Michael is still loved by so many.You can call his fans crazy or whatever but his fans are most loyal fans and they love him but no other artist got such fans..It's cuz of the power of his music that still lives in the hearts and minds of people.

You see, now you're just twisting and turning what I said. I never said all the people who spent money on Jacko's music are stupid - that even includes myself. I never denied Michel's talent - I just feel that his qualities surpasses his qualities as an artist. I never tried to bash Jacko, all I did was comparing him to another artist. I never claimed to be the greatest artist the world has ever seen, fr from it; I can't even ply any instruments. But that does not rob me of my right to compare two artists that are on a completely different level of musicality than me. I never claimed to know more about music than everybody else, but I do hereby claim that I know more bout music than you. You're an ignorant semi-illiterate fool who is being a complete fanboy that lets his love for a musician get in the way of being level-headed and looking at things objectively.

You don't really seem to know much about music. For instance, you didn't even know who Prince, one of the most popular musicians of the last 25 years, is. Perhaps it would be a good idea to expand your musical horizon and listen to a few more artists and bands before labelling someone as incomparable, "the greatest" and "so much more musical thn anyone else"? And please don't dictate me on what and what not to believe, it's annoying and I find it very insulting.

How about instead of going all "ya mj is the best evre cuz he has so many fanses in the Indias, hes the best cuz his been thrugh a lot, stop jugding him", you can try to elaborate. Why do you think he is the greatest artist ever? Why is he, in your eyes, a God-like person who does not have to be judged, like the rest of us peasants. Why is popularity the most important factor when it comes to musical quality? Yeah, it seems like you like Michael Jackson's music a lot, but you need to realize that other music does exist outside your little bubble. Learn how to lead a proper discussion, listen to more music, then come back to me and debate.

Edited by Lithium

First of all this thread is a joke,right???

Second to the person who started it "How the hell you get this much time to start these kind of pointless threads?"I dont even get enough time to check my emails sometimes.. :rofl-lol:

I dont know who's Prince so i ain't gonna vote and anyway there is nothing to poll about.You can do these kind of polls everyday but at the end Michael always proves your speculations wrong.. :xmasssanta: ..Im still shocked to see few ppl even voted in this Poll..hahahaaha

And ya by the way whoever this Prince guy is,this thread wud make sense only if he does 3 world tours with attendance of 5 million in each tour plus 70-80 million sales for one album and ya he shud do all this with all the huge controversies that Mike has been facing from long time.Then yeah I would definitely VOTE for such kind of Polls.Til then I got lot more masturbation and all i got is precious time..lol and I've already wasted like 15 min in reading this thread cuz internet is fuckin slow rightnow :fuckyou:

It's cool that even Michael Jackson still has fanboys.

I don't believe you, but if you really haven't heard of Prince, it says more about you than it does about him, to be honest.

Well Im not a boy anymore,its been a long time since I passed that age haha..

Well prince is not a World wide artist,maybe americans,europeons or australians know him but he is not worldwide.But let's get the facts staright,ok?

In 2003 we said he will go to Jail - Unfortunately he didn't

In 2006 we said he is finished - we see him recording in recording studio

In 2008 we said T25 will be a flop - But it sold 2.6 million copies (which is very good for a album released 25 yrs ago)

Again in 2008 we said he will die in 3 months - Unfortunately he is still living

In 2009 we said he cant perform Live anymore - 10 O2 shows announced

Again we said he can't sell out any of those shows - Unfortunately more 40 shows announced

And now we speculte that he will not be able to do 50 shows - That time will tell so let's keep it that way,ok?

And then I saw some ppl say Michael still has to prove himself musically??WHAT????

One of the biggest selling artist has to prove himself,why???just cuz few people in this world think so??Cmon lets be honest,just cuz you dont like his music makes you say so??Why??You hate him so much??Why??Just cuz of your personal issues now he is has to prove himself to you??Wow give me a break,its new.You sound like this whole world owe you big time.And now we will argue that selling millions doesnt mean it is good quality music,yaa???You sound like only you knows what's good music,other millions of those buyers who spent their money are fools??Is that you mean to say???hehe..Man we can argue about this all our lives but never get any conclusion.

Anyway personally I don't think he needs to prove anything to anyone,he is Michael Jackson and to some extent Music Industry owes him cuz he opened gates for Black artists on MTV plus he paved a way for many American artists to be heard in many Non-English speaking countries.You can try and deny this fact but you or me we can't change the facts..walk down streets of India,i say this thing many times cuz India is very a big country with huge population and you will not find anyone who listen to English music and never had or have Michael Jackson record.And man it was insane in 2008 when T25 was released here.In this town where I live is not metropolis but still a big town and if you see any MJ record in stores today,you wont find it next day cuz there is always demand for MJ.And its everywhere,its just media that doesnt report it.But you know its a big big story we can argue with each other all our lives but never get a result so let's keep it this way only.You like Prince I got no probelms but you just cant deny Michael Jackson's contribution to music and that is untouchable and so huge..

Dang, you sure had plenty of time to make some pretty gay responses. Kudos to you, Mr. Cool.

Guest Apollo

Wow.

I've never seen anybody get owned by their own post!

If you truly are a Michael Jackson fan . . . you should STOP posting, because you are making yourself look like a fool.

Your non-sensical response just shows the type of fan that still has so much adoration for a troubled man.

Wow.

I've never seen anybody get owned by their own post!

If you truly are a Michael Jackson fan . . . you should STOP posting, because you are making yourself look like a fool.

Your non-sensical response just shows the type of fan that still has so much adoration for a troubled man.

See what I mean.................

Instead of talking about the dudes post and responding to what he said........you just call him a idiot and tell him to stop posting.

Apollo.......all your post are like this.

Maybe, you should pm me:)

I could help you dude...........

Help you improve your forum rep...............lol.

Guest Apollo
n o they shouldn't Thriller is a great album. a bit overrated of course but still great. better then Chinese Democray in any case. :lol:

Thriller is a great album. Yes.

But ONE album shouldn't determine the outcome of a comparison between two artists.

I'm talking about a career. The topic questions wasn't who had the "best one album."

Singer, writer, producer, musician, relevance . . . .

Like sooooooooooooo many people on here have said.

Michael was a phenomonal entertainer.

Prince is a much better all-around well-rounded musical performer.

I suspect that Michael will have TONS of the "popular" song writers on his upcoming album? Timbaland and whoever all those guys are.

Meanwhile, Prince could go into a studio by HIMSELF . . . write all the lyrics, all the instrument parts . . . . and then PLAY all the instruments . . . . and then produce the album himself.

Michael will just go in and sing.