Danzig / Samhain / The Misfits

Gordon Comstock

I used to be a fuckin HUGE misfits fan, and i recently got back into Samhain and some of Danzigs solo stuff... He's a very good singer, pretty underrated imo. Samhain is also underrated, they are a better punk band than the misfits overall.

anyone else like Danzig, Samhain or the Misfits (either era, i guess)...??

Samhain tries way too hard.

how??

If Doyle wasn't a dick we would've had a Misfits reunion in 05-06.

Errm..... Glenn and doyle have played together quite a few times.... its Glenn and Jerry... they are like Axl and Slash, they fucking hate each other. if i were glenn i wouldnt associate myself with jerry either - look what he's done to the misfits name, its disgusting.

anyone else here a fan of the graves era? i dont get the whole thing between misfits fans over which era was better, they were both good....

Have you heard a Samhian song? It's like they're trying too hard to be edgy and real dark.

Glen asked Jerry to do a small reunion with him and Doyle. Doyle didn't want to do it. Wait you hate how Jerry use's the Misfit's name's but you'll support Axl?

People fight over it because of how involved Glen was. He taught the boys how to play and wrote all the lyrics. I like Graves too they just lost a bit of their edge when Glen left.

Edited by Spuffy78

Have you heard a Samhian song? It's like they're trying too hard to be edgy and real dark.

not really, like, look nowadays at bands like cradle of filth, and wednesday 13. i like both of them, they have simliar "gory" lyrics like samhain because thats what they're into. i think samhain was just glenns way of excpressing the darker side of himself that maybe he felt wouldnt sound right with the misfits? fuck dude, samhain is more "hororr punk" than the misfits. but take it for what it is. Glenn isnt gonna stick a knife right in youuuuu, one in youuuu. haha.

Glen asked Jerry to do a small reunion with him and Doyle. Doyle didn't want to do it. Wait you hate how Jerry use's the Misfit's name's but you'll support Axl?

i wasnt aware of that, but i dont see glenn doing that. link maybe? anyway, if i were doyle i wouldnt want to either, he's fuckin sick of jerry anyway and thats why he walked out on him. he's happy with gorgeous frankenstein or whatever else he's got going now.

i support Axl because i feel he is genuine. if he were in it for the money, we would have had democracy 5, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. maybe more. jerry puts the misfits logo on everything imaginable because he knows he isnt good at the music he plays, whereas Axl would not do that. Axl can sing, too. Jerry would like to think he could....

People fight over it because of how involved Glen was. He taught the boys how to play and wrote all the lyrics. I like Graves too they just lost a bit of their edge when Glen left.

dont be ridiculous. they lost all their edge when glen left. i dont consider the graves era "the misfits" because Glenn was the misfits. Graves, though i think he is a good singer, is not a Punk singer. American Psycho and Famous Monsters were like sum 41 albums in that they can try all they want to be punk, but at the end of the day, they just aren't... they're a rock band...

also i think the lyrics, in most cases, went way downhill when danzig left, though the actual music improved (mostly coz it didnt sound like it was recorded with my laptop, haha) but i mean c'mon... shining? wtf kinda lyrics are those... jeeeez

edit:

anyone else think he isnt that great live? he's definately got the energy and whatnot but his voice sounds better in the studio.

Edited by RickRoses

I never meant image... It's like he's trying to be dark for the sake of it and trying one-up the stuff he wrote for The Misfits.

Might still be on Wiki I mean it happened a while ago so I don't have a link.

Glen gets 50% of Misfits merchandise profits. It's Punk dude when the hell did being a good singer matter? Let's not forget Misfits even with "The" added was always Horror Punk.

Of course they lost their edge. One of reason's Glen left was because of Jerry and Doyle's lack of playing ability and he wanted better musicians. Grave is more of a traditonal singer than a Punk singer. Musically AS isn't my favorite but Famous Monster's is pretty good. Grave's lyrics were nothing to go wild about neither were Glen's(Misfit lyrics). The reason AS sounds the way it is it was adjustment they were playing with a new singer and they put out a pretty cool record.

Glen's sang like a lunatic during the Misfits days so he wasn't always on his best live even now he's still got the energy like you said.

I never meant image... It's like he's trying to be dark for the sake of it and trying one-up the stuff he wrote for The Misfits.

Might still be on Wiki I mean it happened a while ago so I don't have a link.

Glen gets 50% of Misfits merchandise profits. It's Punk dude when the hell did being a good singer matter? Let's not forget Misfits even with "The" added was always Horror Punk.

Of course they lost their edge. One of reason's Glen left was because of Jerry and Doyle's lack of playing ability and he wanted better musicians. Grave is more of a traditonal singer than a Punk singer. Musically AS isn't my favorite but Famous Monster's is pretty good. Grave's lyrics were nothing to go wild about neither were Glen's(Misfit lyrics). The reason AS sounds the way it is it was adjustment they were playing with a new singer and they put out a pretty cool record.

Glen's sang like a lunatic during the Misfits days so he wasn't always on his best live even now he's still got the energy like you said.

just bacause its punk doesnt mean you can sing like shit and get away with it. listen to "where eagles dare" - those are some of glenns best vocals, i dont care what anyone says, they fuckin ROCK. he did a lot of great songs vocally for the misfits, like horror hotel or (my personal favorite misfits song) halloween.

i know he sang like a lunatic, haha.... he didnt sound great, but fuck dude, he just wanted it. it looks like his mentallity is/was "i dont give a fuck what you think i sound like, im converting you motherfuckers one way or another" and he did.

agreed misfits was always horror punk. samhain was just more horror punk, darker lyrics and music.

i dont think gelnns lyrics were anything to wild about but they worked great for the time/type of music/sound most of the time (tho some of them are just fuckin stupid. mommy, can i go out.....)

That was the point. It wasn't a fact of whether you could sing it was what you had to say that mattered. Let's face it Punk was built on Heroin, Noise and Pissed off fuckers. Glen's a great vocalist doesn't mean every Punk singer should be able to sing well. I wouldn't classify Joan Jett as a great singer but I love her voice and music.

To me it was Glen knew his voice could be shit and people would still dig it. Misfits or Danzig wasn't just him it was he offered live. A hell of a energtic show and in a lot of Misfits gigs lucky to get out without needing a trip to the hospital. Samhian was darker and it was Horror Punk I just think Glen really had evolved from that when he left The Misfits. It shows with the progression between I-IV.

I don't mind Mommy but I think songs like that are tongue in cheek. Especially Last Caress.

That was the point. It wasn't a fact of whether you could sing it was what you had to say that mattered. Let's face it Punk was built on Heroin, Noise and Pissed off fuckers. Glen's a great vocalist doesn't mean every Punk singer should be able to sing well. I wouldn't classify Joan Jett as a great singer but I love her voice and music.

To me it was Glen knew his voice could be shit and people would still dig it. Misfits or Danzig wasn't just him it was he offered live. A hell of a energtic show and in a lot of Misfits gigs lucky to get out without needing a trip to the hospital. Samhian was darker and it was Horror Punk I just think Glen really had evolved from that when he left The Misfits. It shows with the progression between I-IV.

I don't mind Mommy but I think songs like that are tongue in cheek. Especially Last Caress.

agreed, haha. though i kinda like last caress.

attitude is awesome too.

my band is covering attitude... we tweaked it a bit, it sounds fuckin killer... tho we're firing our rhythm player... it'll still sound good tho. not sure if we'll end up replacing him or not... but he's as good as gone

Edited by RickRoses

Guest Apollo
I just watched the Video for "Mother" and what the heck is up with Glenn's facial expressions? Are they always like that?!?!!!

did u watch the video i posted?

I just watched the Video for "Mother" and what the heck is up with Glenn's facial expressions? Are they always like that?!?!!!

did u watch the video i posted?

I didn't, but have seen it many, many times before and every time I do so it just reminds me what an arrogant, jumped up weed he is. I take great giggles in him getting walloped by a fat man!

Johnny; reminds me what a strange faced douche he is!

Edited by PappyTron