adam lambert would like to rock out with slash..

sleishman drums

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam has talent and a fan base already that most entertainers would kill for. He would bring a lot more fans to VR than they would lose. That being said there is no way I can see the VR band members with this guy. He just does not fit to me and it has nothing to do with him being gay. He is not old enough and his singing style just will not fit. Hard rocking blues is just something a singer has it cannot be produced on que. JMO

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to bring this back to life but I saw a comment by brian may recently about Lamberts new single that he had heard.

This was from the NY Post:

AMERICAN Idol" run ner-up Adam Lambert will have a song for the soundtrack of what promises to be the biggest movie of the fall, "2012."

The news was broken by a high-profile admirer, Brian May, guitarist for the rock band Queen.

"I'm not easily moved to jelly by male vocalists," gushed May on his blog, brianmay.com. He predicted the performance "will make jaws drop all around the world."

The top secret song, May reveals on his blog, was recorded by rock producer Rob Cavallo for the sci-fi disaster flick directed by Roland Emmerich, who also directed "Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow." "2012" is set for release in mid-November.

Lambert had been saying for a few weeks that he had recorded a song for a movie soundtrack, but had refused to give details.

May says he heard the song while visiting Cavallo at his Calabasas, Calif. home.

Lambert, who lost the "Idol" crown to Kris Allen last spring, met May for the first time when he performed with Queen during "Idol's" Season 8 finale. "It's an awesome performance," raves May, who played with the late legendary singer Freddie Mercury.

I just can't get the appeal of his voice, it's so overblown to me. But hey, I'll give this single a chance anyway.

people have said the same about axl

Including me (the aaaaaay, chiiiiiii, hiiiiiaaayy and other assorted weird noises annoy me on occasion). I'll look forward to his single, maybe he just needs his own songs to come across at his best (not technically, but to fit the music). He undoubtably has a talent.

Edited by Snake Eyes

May also had some other comments;

I have to say I was completely blown away . . . it's truly sensational. In fact it's so obviously a number one smash, any bookie would be mad to take bets on it. I am not kidding. I'm not easily moved to jelly by male vocalists . . . but Adam's voice reaches out with sensitivity, depth, maturity, and awesome range and power which will make jaws drop all around the world. Its an awesome performance. No doubt about it. The world of Rock has a bright new star.

Sorry to bump this, but apparently Adam and Slash text?

http://adamlambertsite.wordpress.com/2009/...adam-and-slash/

When asked if he might be the new VR front man

- I don't know if that's happening, but we're actually talking about some collaborations so stay tuned in for that. We text back and forth so yeah he's a cool guy.

When asked if he says "lol"

- Uh no he does not do the stupid text lingo. He's a little bit more sophisticated than that.

maybe they will go on tour together when slash tours his solo album and lambert tours his album; they both have albums dropping around the same time period