adam lambert would like to rock out with slash..

sleishman drums

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'd really love to work with Slash," he said of the former Guns 'N' Roses frontman, who was a celebrity mentor on "American Idol" during Rock Week. "When we did the mentor shoot at the Roxy, I felt so at home with him onstage; I was just like, 'This guy is so rad.' "

:D That's so cool. Wonder if Slash felt the same.

The kid has a great personality and positively innovative outlooks.

Edited by JesusisSavior

"I'd really love to work with Slash," he said of the former Guns 'N' Roses frontman, who was a celebrity mentor on "American Idol" during Rock Week. "When we did the mentor shoot at the Roxy, I felt so at home with him onstage; I was just like, 'This guy is so rad.' "

Slash is rad...

I know a lot of you won't understand why that's a strike against him as a frontman for VR...but I'm pretty sure that would be cringeworthy to Slash and Duff.

He called Slash "rad". :laugh:

I honestly think that they looked kinda weird together...and his voice doesn't complement Slash's guitar style. I mean it would be cool to see them perform together, or even do a one off song. But he's not right for VR, he doesn't have the right style.

I wonder how Slash felt about his performance with Adam. Would be interesting to know if he felt any chemistry with him. But as a saying I once heard goes, "Guitarists only have one lead singer that feels completely right, and vice versa."

And I think we know who that "one lead singer" is. ;)

I honestly think that they looked kinda weird together...and his voice doesn't complement Slash's guitar style. I mean it would be cool to see them perform together, or even do a one off song. But he's not right for VR, he doesn't have the right style.

I wonder how Slash felt about his performance with Adam. Would be interesting to know if he felt any chemistry with him. But as a saying I once heard goes, "Guitarists only have one lead singer that feels completely right, and vice versa."

Yeah I think we do.

and we all no the "one lead singer" would rather die than play with slash;

personally, i'd be very interested in hearing this collaboration

Or so he says.

I know it sounds weird but psychology tells us that if a person keeps talking about another person, with bitterness and spite, it is because they are trying to convince themselves that they hate the other person, even though in reality they don't. I bet that if those two ran into each other, Axl wouldn't walk away.

I do actually study psychology so I'm not talking shit. :)

Or so he says.

I know it sounds weird but psychology tells us that if a person keeps talking about another person, with bitterness and spite, it is because they are trying to convince themselves that they hate the other person, even though in reality they don't. I bet that if those two ran into each other, Axl wouldn't walk away.

Yeah. I believe there is something in there.. You should have even more focus on gnr when you're studying! :P

Guest Apollo

"I was just like, 'This guy is so rad.' "

That pretty much sums it up right there.

I doubt the perfect singer VR is looking for uses the words "like" and "rad" in his normal vocabulary.

Or so he says.

agreed..

Even if that might be true, you have no way of telling if Axl actually does talk about Slash that much. The only thing he did - the cancer reference - was to shoot down any reunion rumours. He's probably sick of all the attention Slash gets after all these years when people are talking about Guns and Roses.

And this Adam Lambert.. he has a good voice, but I'd rather see Velvet Revolver stop performing altogether. The guy doesn't fit in a real rock band. He has pop-rock written all over him.. which is not bad at all (his Black or White cover is pretty good), but it doesn't fit with Velvet Revolver.

Edit: Just heard Adam's cover of Whole Lotta Love.. great vocals there. Still.. nah :D but I wish him all the best with his solo record.

Edited by Lethalis

I really would love to see these 2 working together, either if its on Adam's solo album, VR or whatever, i know it would be awesome. Adam's showmanship is extraordinary, hes a passionate artist just like Slash so that colaboration must be explosive. rock1 What he did with Whole Lotta Love was brilliant, still gives me chills!

• 2 weeks later...
I really would love to see these 2 working together, either if its on Adam's solo album, VR or whatever, i know it would be awesome. Adam's showmanship is extraordinary, hes a passionate artist just like Slash so that colaboration must be explosive. rock1 What he did with Whole Lotta Love was brilliant, still gives me chills!

maybe they can get him in to sing on the slash-izzy song

maybe they can get him in to sing on the slash-izzy song

:facepalm:

pff the guys a punk just trying to get slash to work with him so people buy his stuff

i highly doubt that......having slash on his disc may get VR, GnR and Slash fans to buy it; but I doubt the dude will have trouble getting the general population to buy his debut album

not for anything but my guess is Lambert's debut album will sell considerably more albums in it's first week of release than both democracy and contraband. he's got a huge fan base from AI and a sick voice - of course, after his first album drops his follow up may or may not have difficulties depending on what he comes out with w/ his debut

I can't believe he's going to be on the cover of Rolling Stones.

The kid hasn't even put out an album!

It took Prince 5 albums to get on the cover.

That's unbelievable

well, Guns supplanted Aerosmith on the cover way back when they were touring together and at the time, they had only released AFD.

RS is a magazine that ultimately wants to sell copy; whatever act they deem most buzzworthy and that will sell magazines is what they put on the cover. Right now, he's one of the more talked about artists that have come around in a while, even if he hasn't put a album out and the magazine obviously wantsto capitilize.