In Flames

chevelle

I've seen a few fans around these parts, so I guess I might as well start a thread and see where it goes.

I'm really digging Whoracle and Reroute to Remain at the moment. I can't decide on what to get next, though but I've heard good things about The Jester Race and Clayman.

I've seen a few fans around these parts, so I guess I might as well start a thread and see where it goes.

I'm really digging Whoracle and Reroute to Remain at the moment. I can't decide on what to get next, though but I've heard good things about The Jester Race and Clayman.

Jester Race Clayman and Colony are the way to go if you enjoy Whoracle and RTR. In Flames has 2 basic "movements" in their career; the Jester Race/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman section and then everything else. Those first 4 albums are some of the best youll hear in metal

Guns N Roses aside, In Flames are my favourite fucking band. I heard Satellites and Astronauts get played live for the first time ever and Dead God In Me and The Jester Race get their first airing for 12 years, quite an occasion for me.

The Jester Race is in my humble opinion THE greatest metal album ever recorded, the layered harmonies and folky melodies combined with the raw, thunderous rhythm work and Anders' furious roar were perfected there.

Edited by Graeme

If you like In Flames's sound youll also want to check out the following bands and their respective albums:

At The Gates- their best album is Slaughter of the Soul

The Haunted- try either rEVOLVEr or The Haunted Made Me Do It

Dark Tranquility- go for Character, Im not too familiar with their back catalog