Muse-The Resistance Tour

juadlu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new album should be released on 14th september accoring to the My Muse forum :heart:

damn bet me to it.......was just about to post the release date.

what muse forum do you go on?

i some times drop by MuseLive.com for my muse news.

:D

The new album should be released on 14th september accoring to the My Muse forum :heart:

damn bet me to it.......was just about to post the release date.

what muse forum do you go on?

i some times drop by MuseLive.com for my muse news.

:D

I have an account at that forum too but the 1 i tend to post on is Muse.mu.

Muse home page

When you set up your forum profile you can change the skins which is cool-Muse themed and album artwork backgrounds(Hey-small things please small minds!! :D

If you join it just make sure on your profile edit page that you click to join the mailing list at the bottom of the options-thats how i got my presale link,they only send them to people on the mailing list. :)

Edited by juadlu

• 1 month later...

I have. Muse is the first rock band I got into, about ten years ago (I knew them from their very start and saw them bout 7 times live since then). They're just three and yet they sound big. To me, they're the most talented rock band of their generation (even better than Radiohead -if radiohead can be categorized as a "rock band"). They are the best band live I've seen yet (and I've seen a lot, except GNR) along with Nine Inch Nails. My only problem with them is that once they tour they keep playing the same songs over and over, and they don't communicate at all except musically (which is good anyway). They never surprise us but maybe they'll work on that.

They're the only rock band I know that have so many good b-sides (shrinking universe, host, eternally missed, the groove, the gallery, dead star, in your world, fury, easily, glorious, ...) , they could put out several albums with all the great b-sides they released.

Anyway, ever since I discovered GNR, I lost a bit of interest in Muse, not that I don't care about them anymore, but let's face it, compared to GNR, their music seem very simple (the structure are linear, the songs rarely last over 5-6 minutes, there are very few kick ass solos -the ony impressive one for muse is the one on Citizen erased-...) and even if Matt's voice is nice, he doesn't have the energy Axl has. When Axl's on stage and singing, you feel that guy is about love, you can feel he loved some women passionately and that deep inside it's all that really matters, whereas Bellamy is a more reserved type of guy, a guy fascinated by technology, conspiracy theory, apocalypse... I recognize myself in both, but definitely GNR means more to me. Still Muse is very special to me, when they were younger they kicked serious ass live, they were fucking crazy, Zenith 2001 in Paris and Bercy 2003 in Paris were total madness.

Anyway, about United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage), I thought it was a nice song with some surprising twists, but I'm asking myself whether it's a genuine piece of song. They ripped off Queen (I know it's more a tribute than a ripoff but the chorus and then the "brian may like" guitar just when the second chorus kicks in is too much for me), and Collateral Damage is a Chopin piece. I don't get it, I mean it's nice,it sounds good, but it's not entirely Muse and that pisses me off. The song doesn't have an identity, it's more of an evolution of several songs into one (We are the champions and Bohemian Rhapsody of Queen, mixed with City of delusion & Soldier's poem by Muse, mixed with Chopin).

November Rain was inspired by Elton John and other artists I guess, but at least it was genuine, it was 100% Guns N' Roses, and that's why up to this day it's still a classic, had Axl ripped off some classical music piece, I don't think anyone would consider it as big.

So, I might be wrong, but I think this new Muse song will be forgotten rather quickly, I had my friends &family listen to it, and they all jumped like "oh yeah it's queen". I don't think you can expect a song to be big if it's a tribute song (because that's more or less what it is).

So I'm a bit disappointed all in all, Muse had, up to this day, never went as far as to cover a classical piece, Bellamy's piano solos were always inspired but they weren't the property of somebody else. Maybe I expect too much from this band

I hope the album will feature some strong original compositions without any rip off, personnally the only song I really care about is "Exogenesis", I'm very eager to hear it, I know Bellamy spent 7 or 8 years working on it with a full symphonical orchestra, so I hope it will kick ass.

I have. Muse is the first rock band I got into, about ten years ago (I knew them from their very start and saw them bout 7 times live since then). They're just three and yet they sound big. To me, they're the most talented rock band of their generation (even better than Radiohead -if radiohead can be categorized as a "rock band"). They are the best band live I've seen yet (and I've seen a lot, except GNR) along with Nine Inch Nails. My only problem with them is that once they tour they keep playing the same songs over and over, and they don't communicate at all except musically (which is good anyway). They never surprise us but maybe they'll work on that.

They're the only rock band I know that have so many good b-sides (shrinking universe, host, eternally missed, the groove, the gallery, dead star, in your world, fury, easily, glorious, ...) , they could put out several albums with all the great b-sides they released.

Anyway, ever since I discovered GNR, I lost a bit of interest in Muse, not that I don't care about them anymore, but let's face it, compared to GNR, their music seem very simple (the structure are linear, the songs rarely last over 5-6 minutes, there are very few kick ass solos -the ony impressive one for muse is the one on Citizen erased-...) and even if Matt's voice is nice, he doesn't have the energy Axl has. When Axl's on stage and singing, you feel that guy is about love, you can feel he loved some women passionately and that deep inside it's all that really matters, whereas Bellamy is a more reserved type of guy, a guy fascinated by technology, conspiracy theory, apocalypse... I recognize myself in both, but definitely GNR means more to me. Still Muse is very special to me, when they were younger they kicked serious ass live, they were fucking crazy, Zenith 2001 in Paris and Bercy 2003 in Paris were total madness.

Anyway, about United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage), I thought it was a nice song with some surprising twists, but I'm asking myself whether it's a genuine piece of song. They ripped off Queen (I know it's more a tribute than a ripoff but the chorus and then the "brian may like" guitar just when the second chorus kicks in is too much for me), and Collateral Damage is a Chopin piece. I don't get it, I mean it's nice,it sounds good, but it's not entirely Muse and that pisses me off. The song doesn't have an identity, it's more of an evolution of several songs into one (We are the champions and Bohemian Rhapsody of Queen, mixed with City of delusion & Soldier's poem by Muse, mixed with Chopin).

November Rain was inspired by Elton John and other artists I guess, but at least it was genuine, it was 100% Guns N' Roses, and that's why up to this day it's still a classic, had Axl ripped off some classical music piece, I don't think anyone would consider it as big.

So, I might be wrong, but I think this new Muse song will be forgotten rather quickly, I had my friends &family listen to it, and they all jumped like "oh yeah it's queen". I don't think you can expect a song to be big if it's a tribute song (because that's more or less what it is).

So I'm a bit disappointed all in all, Muse had, up to this day, never went as far as to cover a classical piece, Bellamy's piano solos were always inspired but they weren't the property of somebody else. Maybe I expect too much from this band

I hope the album will feature some strong original compositions without any rip off, personnally the only song I really care about is "Exogenesis", I'm very eager to hear it, I know Bellamy spent 7 or 8 years working on it with a full symphonical orchestra, so I hope it will kick ass.

Yes, this song really is a Queen tribute. But that's what I like (I love Queen more than everything, but I don't think this is a ripp off). I think we all can say 100% for sure that Muse are inspiered by Queen.. So why not show it in their work? I don't mean they should do every song queenie, they have to keep on doing it on their own way... But sometimes let us know where they got their inspiaration from is cool.

I see your point Muse vs. GnR. And for me too Muse could never be as awesome as GnR. As you are saying, Muse don't communicate that much with the audience, just consentrate about the music. To be honest I don't think that will change. It looks like that's how Muse is. As they are such a modern band, and are more consentraited about have a great stage with plenty of light +++

But I really look forward to listen to this album. They said it will not sound like any of the other albums. I don't remember who said it, but it was something like "On this album Muse have their best rock song and their best pop song", so that will be pretty nice to hear I think.

Yeah that new song sounds VERY Queen-like. It isn't bad, I quite like it and I have never been a fan of Muse. But it is so close to the Queen-sound, yet so far apart. It just lacks the finesse that make Queen so bloody good.

Still, I haven't managed to get into Muse, so perhaps this will be my chance to do it...

EDIT: Two more listens to the song. It's good, but I don't like the old-radio muffled effects on the vocals, nor the blatantly obvious autotune at places.

Edited by Demon Wolf

Yes, this song really is a Queen tribute. But that's what I like (I love Queen more than everything, but I don't think this is a ripp off). I think we all can say 100% for sure that Muse are inspiered by Queen.. So why not show it in their work? I don't mean they should do every song queenie, they have to keep on doing it on their own way... But sometimes let us know where they got their inspiaration from is cool.

I see your point Muse vs. GnR. And for me too Muse could never be as awesome as GnR. As you are saying, Muse don't communicate that much with the audience, just consentrate about the music. To be honest I don't think that will change. It looks like that's how Muse is. As they are such a modern band, and are more consentraited about have a great stage with plenty of light +++

But I really look forward to listen to this album. They said it will not sound like any of the other albums. I don't remember who said it, but it was something like "On this album Muse have their best rock song and their best pop song", so that will be pretty nice to hear I think.

Well they showed they liked Queen in the studio version of "Knights of Cydonia" in 2006, that was the first time their queen inspiration was obvious (I have a Muse album from 1996 that leaked last year which is pre-showbiz which clearly shows their influence were more Nirvana, Rage against the machine and Jeff Buckley when they first started, Queen only surfaced late in their work), but here it's too obvious for my taste.

I'm still waiting for the new album anyway, I'm sure it'll be good, but I doubt they top Knights of cydonia, Exo-politics, City of delusion, Stockholm Syndrome, Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, and Eternally Missed.