The Doors Love Thread

ARC

The Doors overrated? Not at all IMO. They're lovley. Doors is a typical band I cannot find one favourite album.. or favourite songs.. They're just very good musicans.

Totally agree, though lately I've been loving Back Door Man and Roadhouse Blues in particular.

The Doors overrated? Not at all IMO. They're lovley. Doors is a typical band I cannot find one favourite album.. or favourite songs.. They're just very good musicans.

Totally agree, though lately I've been loving Back Door Man and Roadhouse Blues in particular.

arh, Roadhouse Blues :heart:

Seriously focused, seriously original, seriously good music...it has so much depth for music thats just basically guitar drums and organ...not even a fuckin bass...just brilliant, moody, full of depth, orgasmic music. I really liked when they explored shit musically and were playin live and just went off on one. and Morrison was fuckin beautiful man, alright so the shit weren't Keats but as far as literacy goes in rock n roll he's up there at least with the best of em. And Densmore was fucking beautiful too and Krieger with his delicious bluesy stuff. Quintessentially American too, from the top of their head to the bottom of their cowboy shoes.

Love em, love em, love em..

Favorite song? Rock is Dead, definitely..

For me, a great album has to be bookended by 2 BRILLIANT tracks. The self-titled debut has this, hands down. Opens with 'Break On Through To The Other Side', IMO so powerful, ferocious and huge for it's time, and ends with 'The End', which I don't think has every been beaten in terms of how a song can freak someone out, I mean c'mon: 'Mother, yes son? I wan't to kill you'. That's out there maaaaan.

5 to 1

Love Her Madly

Twentieth Century Fox

Roadhouse Blues

Blue Sunday

Waiting For The Sun

Peace Frog

Crystal Ship

Light My Fire

Take It As It Comes

Back Door Man

Alabama Song

Tell All The People

Hello I Love You

Love Street

My Wild Love

Soft Parade

All brilliant, just off the top of my head.

I got their debut a while ago, since I was really digging a lot of the songs on there, but it became stale kind of quick, to be honest. I like 'em, and my favorites of theirs are "Twentieth Century Fox", "Touch Me", and "Light My Fire". My absolute favorite of their's was "Break On Through", but it's pretty boring for me, now. :(

Still, a great band and I enjoy listening to them every now and then, but the lasting effect was pretty minimal for me.

jim.jpg

Hello I Love You

Five To One

Love Her Madly (what a song!)

TELL ALL THE PEOPLE - My favourite tune.

Show some love for The Doors.

Favourite songs? Albums?

Follow me down!

*swoons* My favorite band. Top Four: Light my fire, Wild child, Riders on the storm, and Touch me. :wub:

oh the good ol lizard king.

i like strange days.

great memories :heart:

yeah theyre alright...

DSC00076.jpg

6 originals (well 5 are, not sure about LA Woman) up in my old place, got em back up in the new spot but couldnt be arsed to take another pic.

One of my favourite bands ever, i like virtually all of their songs, apart from Running Blue and Easy Ride

these are great, well done :thumbsup:

For me, a great album has to be bookended by 2 BRILLIANT tracks. The self-titled debut has this, hands down. Opens with 'Break On Through To The Other Side', IMO so powerful, ferocious and huge for it's time, and ends with 'The End', which I don't think has every been beaten in terms of how a song can freak someone out, I mean c'mon: 'Mother, yes son? I wan't to kill you'. That's out there maaaaan.

Actually it was his father he wanted to kill...as far as his mother goes... hahaha.

ehhhh.

i started threads about them being overrated a long while back.

i used to be a HUGE fan in middle and high school but i got soooooooooooo burned out on them.

and when i got older , i didnt like some of their songs as much. infact i said it before and i say it again here, must of their albums blow.

their 1st album the doors was "okay" then its just some good songs here and there on the rest of their albums till LA women. LA women was badass.