Noel leaves Oasis

Marky

A STATEMENT FROM NOEL

28 August 2009

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

Fuck that.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always the chance he'll come back... it's happened before but not under these circumstances.

If it sticks, they can't really carry on. The records won't be anywhere near as good without Noel's songs and the live shows relying on Liam's vocals 100% of the time won't make the cut.

Well fuck me.

Never thought it'd actually happen.

That's the end of the band, Liam is fucked in the head if he thinks he can carry on without Noel's songwriting.

I've always defended Liam up until the last 6 months. When you're on your bands biggest tour to date, you can't let your clothing line and twitter account be your main priority. Also the whole farce of getting married during the DOYS recording, and walking out many times is just not on for a band of their size. He's a fucking grown man.

And sadly, he is so far up his own arse that he won't admit that Noel leaving signals the end. He'll carry on.

And I feel sorry for Andy, Gem, Chris, Jay and the roadies/crew. No doubt they haven't really earnt enough to sit around. They need to find another gig.

Well fuck me.

That's the end of the band, Liam is fucked in the head if he thinks he can carry on without Noel's songwriting.

I've always defended Liam up until the last 6 months. When you're on your bands biggest tour to date, you can't let your clothing line and twitter account be your main priority. Also the whole farce of getting married during the DOYS recording, and walking out many times is just not on for a band of their size. He's a fucking grown man.

And sadly, he is so far up his own arse that he won't admit that Noel leaving signals the end. He'll carry on.

And I feel sorry for Andy, Gem, Chris, Jay and the roadies/crew. No doubt they haven't really earnt enough to sit around. They need to find another gig.

I figure Gem will stick around for Noel's solo tour if he does one?

Well fuck me.

I figure Gem will stick around for Noel's solo tour if he does one?

I'd say that's likely... They should all go with Noel :lol:

I'm almost 100% positive he will return. He's probably just drunk atm or something.

I hope this is a temporary crisis or actually Noel has exaggerated the wine and tomorrow he says: "I did not say exactly that, etc.etc .."

But I remember the interview that Noel gave last May on MTV Brazil, he said that this year would like to do other work parallel to the Oasis, he was not drunk.

The show here in 09 of maio/09 was great.

They sang all the songs that everyone hoped to hear, less "Live Forever".

They were very friendly with the public. Was falling light rain and commented that every time they come in Sao Paulo rains. Were in good mood and everything went well

Was a fantastic show.

I like all the songs of Oasis, after the Guns, of course.

Edited by Hatchepsut