Noel leaves Oasis

Marky

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I mean, I only know ONE Oasis song (three guesses as to what it is ;) ), but damn, this is something I thought I'd never see. I was well aware of their feuding, but I thought it was just a brotherly thing, coupled with the stress of being in a band together. This is literally a jaw dropper for me.

Wow...I mean, I only know ONE Oasis song (three guesses as to what it is ;) ), but damn, this is something I thought I'd never see. I was well aware of their feuding, but I thought it was just a brotherly thing, coupled with the stress of being in a band together. This is literally a jaw dropper for me.

That's kinda like how I felt. I never kept myself too up-to-date with the feud, since like you, I figured it was just a sibling rivalry sorta thing. This piece of news really got me off guard :o

Well, I'm not surprised after the several "online" fights they had in the last weeks. Liam wrote about being far from Noel to not punch his nose..but well, the big shit happened, they had a big fight on the backstage and Liam smashed Noel's guitar..it was fuckin' huge.

I don't know if Liam will carry on with the band..maybe, yes..I want to know what he'll say about all this shit, anyway, the band is over without Noel. Really sad truth, but not a surprise.

Thats fuckin weak. And whats the all the fucking cupcakes on this thread? Noel is a better song writer than Axl... See Chinese Democracy. Some of the lyrics on c.d. are so juvenille and...not up to par with the rest of the gnr catalog...

Maybe in your opinion. I see Oasis a very average 90's band, to be honest.

Thats fuckin weak. And whats the all the fucking cupcakes on this thread? Noel is a better song writer than Axl... See Chinese Democracy. Some of the lyrics on c.d. are so juvenille and...not up to par with the rest of the gnr catalog...

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully the solo album will be out soon now.

Liam will probably soldier on with whatever lineup are willing to stay on. I reckon at elast one of Gem or Andy will leave. It'll be like Bonehead and Guigsy leaving, one will follow the other.

Gem might do something with Noel or Weller, plus he's producing now too (He produced something for NIN a while ago).

Andy does a lot of DJing back in Switzerland, he might reform Ride too :lol:

Jay can play with whoever, loads of bands look for touring keyboard players.

Chris will obviously go back to touring with RW when the chance arrives, that's a secure gig for him.

There's plenty of room for sideprojects, remember, they're mates with people as far off as Weller, Ocean Colour Scene, The Enemy, Kasabian, The Amorphous Androgynous, NIN, Marilyn Manson (and his bassist, Twiggy), Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy, Glasvegas, The Coral, Beck, The Chemical Brothers, Ian Brown, Primal Scream, The Charlatans, Proud Mary (Terry's old band, signed and produced by Noel & Gem, they've just reformed), TSOOL etc.

Maybe in your opinion. I see Oasis a very average 90's band, to be honest.

At least I agree with you here. "Very average" is being polite.

I am absolutely fucking sick at this news. I only hope its like the time Noel left before and they got back together again although i have this pukey gut telling me it could be over. I really hope Liam don't carry on without Noel.

Average 90s band?!?! Fuck offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, Oasis piss all over most fuckin bands i know of. anyone that denies the talent of at least Noel Gallagher in the face of the scores of classics he's written is fucking deluded. I mean you can not like em, go ahead, they can be not to your taste, sure, but average? Nuh uh. The man has an ear for a tune like no other. Even during his bouts of *ahem* borrowing he's fucking inspired and he takes the riff or idea somewhere new, its never just plain forgery. Oasis are fucking brilliant, always were, they got the fuckin attitude, they got the tunes, problem with Oasis is that they came about at a time in history where people are afraid of being entertained. Liam is like a fucking God up there, he don't gotta dance, he don't gotta do shit, he's literally that charismatic and cocky that he can just stand on a slant and belt out them fuckin tunes. And Noel Gallagher, he's the fucking perfect centre piece, an ear for a tune like McCartney and a guitar sound like Lord Steven Jones of The Sex Pistols, fucking legends, no one to beat em.

You name me one fucking band, just one, just fucking one in the last 15 years that measures up to Oasis, quite frankly, none of em are good enough to lick Liams loop, Oasis are brilliant, they have that sort of Sex Pistols dynamic of being REALLY fucking loud but well paced, it gives the music a life of its own and makes it come across blistering...much like The Sex Pistols songs, a lot of Oasis's shit gets you fucking hyped like a fast song should but they're not fast at all, like Morning Glory, there is just such a fucking energy to that song, i feel like i could go 12 rounds after listening to it, like i just listened to Minor Threat or something but its so well paced.

Noel is an absolute master with words and by his own admission a lot of it don't mean anything :lol: But its so brilliant in terms of creating a mood and evoking a certain emotion or feel...look at songs like Hey Now or Don't Look Back in Anger...now lyrically, what the fuck are they about?!?! No one can say yet they're consistent in evoking a kind of mehelencholy, the use of imagery and perfectly complimenting the music. There's a serious amount of intelligence in the construction of those songs...whether its instinctive or calculated i don't know but its there.

I don't think there's a single bad Oasis album out there and if there is i ain't fucking heard it. Shit, their throwaways are better than most bands best efforts, you only gotta listen to The Masterplan to get that.

I am absolutely sick that Noel split, i can only pray that it ain't for long.

Edited by dirtylenny

I am absolutely fucking sick at this news. I only hope its like the time Noel left before and they got back together again although i have this pukey gut telling me it could be over. I really hope Liam don't carry on without Noel.

Average 90s band?!?! Fuck offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, Oasis piss all over most fuckin bands i know of. anyone that denies the talent of at least Noel Gallagher in the face of the scores of classics he's written is fucking deluded. I mean you can not like em, go ahead, they can be not to your taste, sure, but average? Nuh uh. The man has an ear for a tune like no other. Even during his bouts of *ahem* borrowing he's fucking inspired and he takes the riff or idea somewhere new, its never just plain forgery. Oasis are fucking brilliant, always were, they got the fuckin attitude, they got the tunes, problem with Oasis is that they came about at a time in history where people are afraid of being entertained. Liam is like a fucking God up there, he don't gotta dance, he don't gotta do shit, he's literally that charismatic and cocky that he can just stand on a slant and belt out them fuckin tunes. And Noel Gallagher, he's the fucking perfect centre piece, an ear for a tune like McCartney and a guitar sound like Lord Steven Jones of The Sex Pistols, fucking legends, no one to beat em.

You name me one fucking band, just one, just fucking one in the last 15 years that measures up to Oasis, quite frankly, none of em are good enough to lick Liams loop, Oasis are brilliant, they have that sort of Sex Pistols dynamic of being REALLY fucking loud but well paced, it gives the music a life of its own and makes it come across blistering...much like The Sex Pistols songs, a lot of Oasis's shit gets you fucking hyped like a fast song should but they're not fast at all, like Morning Glory, there is just such a fucking energy to that song, i feel like i could go 12 rounds after listening to it, like i just listened to Minor Threat or something but its so well paced.

Noel is an absolute master with words and by his own admission a lot of it don't mean anything :lol: But its so brilliant in terms of creating a mood and evoking a certain emotion or feel...look at songs like Hey Now or Don't Look Back in Anger...now lyrically, what the fuck are they about?!?! No one can say yet they're consistent in evoking a kind of mehelencholy, the use of imagery and perfectly complimenting the music. There's a serious amount of intelligence in the construction of those songs...whether its instinctive or calculated i don't know but its there.

I don't think there's a single bad Oasis album out there and if there is i ain't fucking heard it. Shit, their throwaways are better than most bands best efforts, you only gotta listen to The Masterplan to get that.

I believe you should learn to accept other's opinions. I didn't say anything bad about them but say they're "average", and I believe I even added an 'in my opinion' or something to that extent; I don't need to say "They're not my cup of tea, but they're the most brilliant musicians in the world", especially if I don't mean it. IN MY OPINION, they're average, nothing more, nothing less. They have a few catchy songs in my opinion. And I laugh at you, as you completely must've just glanced over his shot at Axl Rose, eh? I was just stating that, maybe in his opinion Noel is a much better writer than Rose, but I said in my opinion he's not, as the idiot who said it in the first place was stating it as if fact; not his opinion.

You want my honest opinion? I think they're a very bland band who's overrated to no end. Just learn to accept the concept of opinions, my kind sir, and realize that your feeling towards a band isn't the be-all, end-all opinion.

I agree with you I was just being a smartarse with my Blur comment. I also think its bullshit when people say they wrote nothing decent after the 1st two albums. I would put The Girl In The Dirty Shirt, Stop Cryin Your Heart Out and Gas Panic up against anything.

But To me Oasis were more than the music, it was an attitude. I suppose you have to have grown up in the UK at a certain point in time to really get how important this band were to people. I remember the day when D'you KNow What I Mean came out. I was 16 and it was the ONLY thing that mattered at the time. Seen em 8 times and every time Liam didnt move more than 3 feet. Hands behind the back looking out at thousands of people as if to say I am cool as fuck, you know it, and more importantly I know it.

I believe you should learn to accept other's opinions. I didn't say anything bad about them but say they're "average", and I believe I even added an 'in my opinion' or something to that extent; I don't need to say "They're not my cup of tea, but they're the most brilliant musicians in the world", especially if I don't mean it. IN MY OPINION, they're average, nothing more, nothing less. They have a few catchy songs in my opinion. And I laugh at you, as you completely must've just glanced over his shot at Axl Rose, eh? I was just stating that, maybe in his opinion Noel is a much better writer than Rose, but I said in my opinion he's not, as the idiot who said it in the first place was stating it as if fact; not his opinion.

You want my honest opinion? I think they're a very bland band who's overrated to no end. Just learn to accept the concept of opinions, my kind sir, and realize that your feeling towards a band isn't the be-all, end-all opinion.

accept others opinions? Fuck that, how can you possibly just accept other peoples opinions? It'd effectively end the concept of debate. Alls i was doing was presenting an counterpoint to your opinion, as one tends to do on message boards created for the purpose of discussion and debate. Accept your opinion? Fuck no, i got one of my own. I'll respect your opinion sure but accept it? Well then we might as well all just shut up cuz thats the end of concept of debate right there, lets all just accept each others opinions and suck each others dicks. If i say something that you find questionable or don't agree with fuckin go for it, rip me a new one, tell me about it, hell, i might even learn something from it, i thought that was sorta the whole idea.

I don't need to say "They're not my cup of tea, but they're the most brilliant musicians in the world", especially if I don't mean it.

That would be as much of a cop out on your part and neglecting to express your "honest opinion" was in the first instance. Get out of your seat sometimes man, fuck, i hate this dis-passionate, muted, hippie ideal of "hey, lets all accept each others opinions, wa-hey!!" Fuck that shit, respect each others opinions, definitely, don't curse each other out or call people names but apart from that, shit, if you feel about something strongly, express is that way. Least thats "my opinion", i hope i haven't infringed your rights here by having a heartfelt response :rolleyes: