Noel leaves Oasis

Marky

I am absolutely fucking sick at this news. I only hope its like the time Noel left before and they got back together again although i have this pukey gut telling me it could be over. I really hope Liam don't carry on without Noel.

Average 90s band?!?! Fuck offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff, Oasis piss all over most fuckin bands i know of. anyone that denies the talent of at least Noel Gallagher in the face of the scores of classics he's written is fucking deluded. I mean you can not like em, go ahead, they can be not to your taste, sure, but average? Nuh uh. The man has an ear for a tune like no other. Even during his bouts of *ahem* borrowing he's fucking inspired and he takes the riff or idea somewhere new, its never just plain forgery. Oasis are fucking brilliant, always were, they got the fuckin attitude, they got the tunes, problem with Oasis is that they came about at a time in history where people are afraid of being entertained. Liam is like a fucking God up there, he don't gotta dance, he don't gotta do shit, he's literally that charismatic and cocky that he can just stand on a slant and belt out them fuckin tunes. And Noel Gallagher, he's the fucking perfect centre piece, an ear for a tune like McCartney and a guitar sound like Lord Steven Jones of The Sex Pistols, fucking legends, no one to beat em.

You name me one fucking band, just one, just fucking one in the last 15 years that measures up to Oasis, quite frankly, none of em are good enough to lick Liams loop, Oasis are brilliant, they have that sort of Sex Pistols dynamic of being REALLY fucking loud but well paced, it gives the music a life of its own and makes it come across blistering...much like The Sex Pistols songs, a lot of Oasis's shit gets you fucking hyped like a fast song should but they're not fast at all, like Morning Glory, there is just such a fucking energy to that song, i feel like i could go 12 rounds after listening to it, like i just listened to Minor Threat or something but its so well paced.

Noel is an absolute master with words and by his own admission a lot of it don't mean anything :lol: But its so brilliant in terms of creating a mood and evoking a certain emotion or feel...look at songs like Hey Now or Don't Look Back in Anger...now lyrically, what the fuck are they about?!?! No one can say yet they're consistent in evoking a kind of mehelencholy, the use of imagery and perfectly complimenting the music. There's a serious amount of intelligence in the construction of those songs...whether its instinctive or calculated i don't know but its there.

I don't think there's a single bad Oasis album out there and if there is i ain't fucking heard it. Shit, their throwaways are better than most bands best efforts, you only gotta listen to The Masterplan to get that.

I am absolutely sick that Noel split, i can only pray that it ain't for long.

Great post. I can't even count how many classics Noel has written, because he doesn't seem to be able to write anything except a fucking classic song with few exceptions (Born On A Different Cloud, Wonderwall, Force Of Nature imo), and I have heard every album, every b-side, every demo. He's just got the ear for it. There's no other band I'd have as different picking my favourite tunes as I do with Oasis.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

Noel's latest (last probably) TFTMON.

Was just about to post that. I compiled my complete Oasis discography on itunes into one motherfecking long chronological playlist.

People who suggest Oasis are bland/boring: This is not a criticism, but I suggest you go listen to this range of 10-15 songs:

Rock N Roll Star

Slide Away

Round Are Way

Flashbax

D'You Know What I Mean

Let's All Make Believe

Gas Panic!

Roll It Over

Idler's Dream

Hung In A Bad Place

Turn Up The Sun

Eyeball Tickler

The Shock Of The Lightning

The Turning

To Be Where There's Life

Not the obvious choices (bar the first 2), and I think that best sums up Oasis' styles chronologically. Punk, to Britpop, to Overblown Britpop, right through to Neo-Psychedelica, 60's Pop/Rock and more Psychedelic stuff.

I will always remember the great lyrics -

Don''t Look Back In Anger:

Slip inside, of your wife's behind,

Don't you know you might find

A better place to play?

Don't forget Wonderwall:

And all the songs that Liams on he's whining

And noel is completely crap at rhyming

Was just about to post that. I compiled my complete Oasis discography on itunes into one motherfecking long chronological playlist.

People who suggest Oasis are bland/boring: This is not a criticism, but I suggest you go listen to this range of 10-15 songs:

Rock N Roll Star

Slide Away

Round Are Way

Flashbax

D'You Know What I Mean

Let's All Make Believe

Gas Panic!

Roll It Over

Idler's Dream

Hung In A Bad Place

Turn Up The Sun

Eyeball Tickler

The Shock Of The Lightning

The Turning

To Be Where There's Life

Not the obvious choices (bar the first 2), and I think that best sums up Oasis' styles chronologically. Punk, to Britpop, to Overblown Britpop, right through to Neo-Psychedelica, 60's Pop/Rock and more Psychedelic stuff.

The Turning, Hung In A Bad Place, Roll It Over and Flashbax don't get the credit they deserve. I'd have added (Probably) All In The Mind though, I fuckin love that song.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

no, no, no, no...c'mon mannn!!! :(:(

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

no, no, no, no...c'mon mannn!!! :(:(

There's still a solo album to look forward to, I reckon they'll have a few years break and Noel will tour a solo record then they'll be back.

Tell you what's a fuckin tune that I just starting noticing, All Around The World. Be Here Now is way underrated.

This part is interesting. I read somewhere that when asked in 2006 what Noel would say to the fans when the band was finally over, he replied "it's been a f***ing pleasure".

lol

to be honest musically I don't give a fuck. For me it's always been about Noel. I prefer his voice he wrote the best songs and Liams voice went down the shitter anyways. The only thing Liam brought in for me was the additude. But lately he turned into a tweittering fashon cock sucker. If Noel releases a solo record it's gonna be an improvement for him.

By the way between the lines it read something like he wasn't too happy with other band members apart from Liam. What d'you say?

IMO, I believe that Noel always saved the best songs for himself to sing, prime examples -

Don't Look Back In Anger

Waiting For The Rapture

The Masterplan

The Importance Of Being Idle

I wouldn't say that, I can't see Liam pulling any of those songs off, his voice isn't clean enough. In the same way Noel couldn't pull Rock 'N' Roll Star, Hung In A Bad Place, Turn Up The Sun and the like off.

Although I'd agree with you, a lot of my favourites are sung by Noel as well - Half The World Away, Masterplan, Don't Look Back In Anger, Flashbax, Angel Child, She Is Love etc..

That is a good point, Snake Eyes, I suppose i didn't really take that into concideration.

I suppose that what im trying to say is that i prefer Noel singing, and like you said alot of my favourites are the tracks on which Noel sings.

Anyway, on topic, shame that it came to this. My friends and I really thought he would come back, that he was just really drunk or something, which brought him to this desicion.

Edited by Aberdonian

Oasis split because Noel Gallagher never forgave brother Liam for jokingly suggesting he was not the real dad of daughter Anais.

Noel flew at his brother after the comment about nine-year-old Anais - his daughter by ex-wife Meg Matthews.

Liam insisted it was meant as a joke, but Noel could never forget the insult, calling it "unforgivable".

On the band's website, Noel blamed "verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family and comrades" as his reason for quitting.

And he thanked fans for giving him "glorious memories" and added: "It's been a f***ing pleasure."

An insider said of Liam's joke: "It was a dumb thing to say. They had a big fight when he made the gag. Noel went for him. He was in a blind fury. And he still hasn't calmed down."

The pair never managed to patch things up after the row - and Liam has never even met Noel's one-year-old son Donovan by girlfriend Sara MacDonald. Tensions built up during their recent world tour until a bust-up in Pairs led to Noel finally quitting band on Friday.

Now the warring brothers are set to fight each other again in the charts. Liam has been secretly recording tracks and already has songs ready to hit shops.

He knows it'll take Noel, 42, months to record his much-anticipated debut solo album. Liam, 36, reckons his effort will be so good it will destroy Noel's boast that he was the creative force in Oasis.

Liam told a friend: "If Noel thinks he can just walk away from me and the band then I will obliterate him. He'll be begging to rejoin my band."

Oasis split because Noel Gallagher never forgave brother Liam for jokingly suggesting he was not the real dad of daughter Anais.

Noel flew at his brother after the comment about nine-year-old Anais - his daughter by ex-wife Meg Matthews.

Liam insisted it was meant as a joke, but Noel could never forget the insult, calling it "unforgivable".

On the band's website, Noel blamed "verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family and comrades" as his reason for quitting.

And he thanked fans for giving him "glorious memories" and added: "It's been a f***ing pleasure."

An insider said of Liam's joke: "It was a dumb thing to say. They had a big fight when he made the gag. Noel went for him. He was in a blind fury. And he still hasn't calmed down."

The pair never managed to patch things up after the row - and Liam has never even met Noel's one-year-old son Donovan by girlfriend Sara MacDonald. Tensions built up during their recent world tour until a bust-up in Pairs led to Noel finally quitting band on Friday.

Now the warring brothers are set to fight each other again in the charts. Liam has been secretly recording tracks and already has songs ready to hit shops.

He knows it'll take Noel, 42, months to record his much-anticipated debut solo album. Liam, 36, reckons his effort will be so good it will destroy Noel's boast that he was the creative force in Oasis.

Liam told a friend: "If Noel thinks he can just walk away from me and the band then I will obliterate him. He'll be begging to rejoin my band."

Where's that article from? The whole thing sounds like made up shit (no offence to you), especially that the daughter comment was like 7 years ago.

I find this very hard to believe, actually.

I find this very hard to believe, actually.

Yeah, the word obliterate kinda gives it away. Doesn't sound like "fookin ave it" to me.

Liam originally had a go at doing DLBIA (Remember, this would've been the same Liam that sang Live Forever :wub:) and Noel had written 'Dont Look Back Anger' (He's mildly dyslexic), and when Liam sung that line, Noel said 'No it goes Dont Look Back In Anger' and Liam gave it 'That's not what it says here chief!'.

I read that in an interview a while ago. :lol: