God & Guns new Lynyrd Skynyrd album

eye2eye

What do you think ? I picked it up yesterday and I love it some great tunes, my favourite would be that psychodelic rock "Floyd" with backing vocals by Rob Zombie.

i like some of the tunes but lynyrd skynyrd has become way to country on these past few albums, there not like the old ones

why ? they seem to go really well, and there is idea of making Lynyrd southern institution not a band, where fallen members would be replaced by new and the band would exist forever and it is somehow happening with only one founding member alive.

Yeah album is out, many great songs it is less country than previous records and I'd say it is their best album in years. Rob Zombie song is one of the best on album if not the best it is psychodelic rock with Van Zant singing between verses and it is duo kind of chorus with Rob Zombie on it pretty awesome, and some great guitars on it. Also John 5 co-written like half of the songs for that album

Sounds much different than the Skynyrd I'm used to. I'll download it first and see if I dig it before purchasing it. Really looking forward to hearing it though!

Edit: Since the songs didn't enter my media player in order, I've only heard three tunes so far and they are Bang Bang, Still Unbroken, and Raining In My Heartland. Not bad at all. I'm digging it.

Edited by F*ck Fear

Sounds much different than the Skynyrd I'm used to. I'll download it first and see if I dig it before purchasing it. Really looking forward to hearing it though!

Edit: Since the songs didn't enter my media player in order, I've only heard three tunes so far and they are Bang Bang, Still Unbroken, and Raining In My Heartland. Not bad at all. I'm digging it.

Acutally Bang Bang and Raining in My Heartland are leftovers and they are included on Deluxe edition of God & Guns (which is great I bought it instead of normal and price difference was something like 3-4 bucks )

"Floyd" is fuckin awesome the more you listen it I wish it would be single but it's not gonna happen, second single is Simple Life and next one would be ballad "Southern Ways" or "Gifted Hands"

Edited by eye2eye

why ? they seem to go really well, and there is idea of making Lynyrd southern institution not a band, where fallen members would be replaced by new and the band would exist forever and it is somehow happening with only one founding member alive.

Whose the only founding member? I forget the original drummer...but I know he is still alive, but not in the group.. and the pianist... Billy Powell wasnt a founding member..

This was surprisingly bad. I didn't like it at all, very formulaic and bland. This is the only Skynyrd album released after the demise of the original band I've heard, are any of the other albums good or does it more or less sound like this?

Whose the only founding member? I forget the original drummer...but I know he is still alive, but not in the group.. and the pianist... Billy Powell wasnt a founding member..

Garry Rossington he found the band, major lead and rythm guitar player, yeah he plays the solo on Free Bird (along with other now dead guitar player) yeah I forgot drummer as well, but Gary had huge impact into how bands sounded and sounds.

Soulseller, yeah it is kind of nostalgia act, but they are doing what AC/DC doing, releasing what die-hard fans wants them to, and I like the album a lot, some great ballads some great songs.

Edited by eye2eye

Acutally Bang Bang and Raining in My Heartland are leftovers and they are included on Deluxe edition of God & Guns (which is great I bought it instead of normal and price difference was something like 3-4 bucks )

"Floyd" is fuckin awesome the more you listen it I wish it would be single but it's not gonna happen, second single is Simple Life and next one would be ballad "Southern Ways" or "Gifted Hands"

Yea I totally dig all of the songs I've heard so far. Both discs are excellent. New Skynyrd is killer.