ZZ Top

Big Boy Sixxx

ok I knew like one or two tracks of theirs before, I always thought they were ok but they never stood out for me.

until I saw them at Donington. There is like 3 of them on stage and its pretty simple stuff but what they do they do so fucking well. They really blew a lot of the other acts off stage that weekend by getting the basics bang on. like I said I only knew like two or three songs but I seriously couldnt turn away for the whole set. I was hooked. Alot of the other acts really could have learnt a lot.

So I went to see them again the other night at Wembley. And Ive got to to say I thought they were fuckin brilliant. Such a cool vibe going on and I tell you man, they still got it, I was seriously impressed.

I could watch Billy Gibbons play the blues all night, and thats something special. I bumped into him in June walking down High St Kensington, wish I'd got an autograph!

Any fans out there?

I cant get Pincushion out of my head!

Edited by Big Boy Sixxx

• 7 months later...

I saw ZZ Top at the Indy 500/Miller Lite Carb Day Concert Friday.

They kicked ass live. 40 yrs those 3 have been rock n' it out the same way.

It was fucking beautiful. Boobies everywhere (o)(o)

artfromtex:

"my best friends' dad saw ZZ Top open for Led Zeppelin back in the early '70's. how cool would that have been?"

I never even dreamed of that combination but how fuck'n cool that must have been. wow!

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

I love ZZ Top, but haven't been able to see them live yet. Almost saw them in '07 (With the Stray Cats of all bands!!!), but decided on a 4th Heaven And Hell show that year, always regretted it missing ZZ Top/Stray Cats, but now I'm really glad I went to Heaven And Hell again. In '08 I wanted to see them at the State Fair, but tickets were ridiculously over priced (Can't justify $110 on ZZ Top). And last year I was finally supposed to see them in Hershey with Aewrosmith, and the show got cancelled the day of, after I'd already driven 7 hours.

One of these days I'm going to see them live.