Toronto Show

Nick85

Hey guys, So I just bought some killer seats for this show and will be flying in from Chicago the day of the show into Pearson Intl Airport.

I've never been to Toronto, or Canada for that matter, and I was wondering if anyone here knew the best way to get to the Air Canada Centre from the airport. Are there trains or buses that could get us directly/close to there, or would we have to resort to catching a cab? Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks!

Edited by sofine11

Hey guys, So I just bought some killer seats for this show and will be flying in from Chicago the day of the show into Pearson Intl Airport.

I've never been to Toronto, or Canada for that matter, and I was wondering if anyone here knew the best way to get to the Air Canada Centre from the airport. Are there trains or buses that could get us directly/close to there, or would we have to resort to catching a cab? Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks!

The airport is actually in Mississauga, outside of Toronto.

A cab would likely be quite expensive. There's probably a bus. Train service around these parts blows. Our subway is more or less two lines, one north-south, one east-west.

What time does your flight arrive?

Thanks for the info! I'll be coming in around noon, and staying at the Radison, about 5 blocks away from Air Canada Centre.

Noon should be no problem - just check out transportation options at the airport.

I also found this: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

You could probably Google for some other options but the round-trip deal at first glance seems decent.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info! I'll be coming in around noon, and staying at the Radison, about 5 blocks away from Air Canada Centre.

Noon should be no problem - just check out transportation options at the airport.

I also found this: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

You could probably Google for some other options but the round-trip deal at first glance seems decent.

If I remember correctly, there's a TTC (Toronto Transit) bus that stops at Pearson. All you need to do is take the bus to one of the subway stations. Most likely, Islington or Yorkdale. Once there take the subway to Union Station... There's actually an entrance to ACC from Union but if you're heading to the Radison, you may want to ask which stop would be best for ya.

You want to take the Airport Rocket from the airport to Kipling subway station:

http://www3.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/Airport_service.jsp

You can touch base with Ground Transportation at the airport to find out where to catch the rocket.

The subway is easy, as mentioned, it only goes east and west, or north and south.

You take the subway from Kipling east to Yonge Street. Then switch to southbound to Union Station. ACC is right there. Not sure where Radisson is.

Pretty simple. Just bring your loonies and toonies as I don't think the Rocket gives change.

Edited by Orsys

You should have flown Porter Airlines. It goes from Chicago's Midway Airport to Downtown Toronto Island Airport. Nice smaller planes, you get free booze on the flight and executive leather seats for all. I really liked it, was less busy than Pearson and you are right downtown at your hotel in minutes. Nonetheless, it'll take you about 30-40 minutes to downtown from the Airport at Pearson. You said you are staying downtown already for the show, then you can either walk the underground path (get a map here - http://www.toronto.ca/path/) or grab a cab.