UPDATED: New Ozzy Album, Tour, DVD, and Ozzfest

Black Sabbath

Soul Sucka? Come on dude. That sounds like the name of the new Lil wayne album or some shit. Did anyone actually like Black Rain?

Yeah, I'm kind of skeptical on the title of the album, but I loved Black Rain, and I'm especially looking forward to this album with Gus G. Who cares what it's titled, just as long as the music rocks. :thumbsup:

^^^^ which is probably why Ozzy isn't recording with Zakk Wylde anymore...

Ozzy Osbourne has announced he will release a new album next summer.

The former Black Sabbath frontman's next record 'Soul Sucka' is slated to come out in June, and songs confirmed for inclusion are 'Let It Die', 'Diggin' Me Down' and the title track.

The album, produced by Osbourne and Kevin Churko, will be the first to feature new guitarist Gus G.

:lol: who the fuck wrote this?

Edited by sweetness

yeah I think so, Zakk is legendary guitarist I really love his play but with time he got really boring, nothing stands out. Good guitar work. And he ruins RR songs with pinch harmonic, hate "Crazy Train" with that, it is cool in his songs sometimes though. Ozzy was right that Ozzy records sounds like BSL with different vocals. But Zakk is one of my all time favourite guitar players and he is such an awesome guy !

Dude hasn't put out a good album since '91

I'll agree that No More Tears was his best 90's album, but Ozzmosis is very underrated, in my opinion.

As for the 2000s, If I had to choose between Down To Earth and Black Rain, I'd probably go with Black Rain. I don't understand why people say they dislike it. When it came out it was was getting praised and everyone seemed to love it, now they hate it? Yeah, I can see that the guitar on it isn't anything to get excited about and Zakk started to get boring (not dogging on Zakk, he's one of my favorite guitarists of all time, but he's gotten stale), but the album is pretty solid, I think.

Anyway, I'm obviously looking forward to this album and have been ever since I read an article over a year ago about Ozzy getting to work on it.

The album title may sound weird for The Prince Of Darkness, but I could care less. If I like the music, who gives a damn what the title of it's called?

Isn't Gus G just a Zakk clone? I watched some youtube footage of him playing Crazy Train and he butchered it just as bad as Zakk. Ozzy should have gotten Buckethead.

I'm not too sure his style is all that similar. They're both metal guitarists, but I think Firewind is more on the Power Metal side of things while Zakk Wylde isn't very Power Metal-ish.

I'll definitely give this a listen when it's out. I liked Black Rain but there were some tracks I'll probs never listen to again, this thread inspired me to listen to it again actually.

The only tracks on Black Rain that I usually skip over are Lay Your World On Me, Here For You, and sometimes 11 Silver and Countdown's Begun.

Have you heard the bonus tracks? Nightmare, I Can't Save You, and Love To Hate. They're fantastic.

I'll definitely give this a listen when it's out. I liked Black Rain but there were some tracks I'll probs never listen to again, this thread inspired me to listen to it again actually.

The only tracks on Black Rain that I usually skip over are Lay Your World On Me, Here For You, and sometimes 11 Silver and Countdown's Begun.

Have you heard the bonus tracks? Nightmare, I Can't Save You, and Love To Hate. They're fantastic.

Never really got into 11 Silver, that's the one I meant.

Listened to the title track yesterday, great song, really powerful.

Listening to "Nightmare" now (as I never tried the bonus tracks before) It's really good, almost poppy-rock? I like that!

Classic Ozzy voice. Brings back memories of my personal fav 'oldies' "Spiders in the night" & "Waiting for darkness." :heart:

I don't care about title ( but sure it sounds stupid and childish) if the music is right. I hope it is, Gus G has awesome guitar style (listen to Firewind - whole band is amazing and guitars are mindblowing) and it should work for Ozzy (working with new axeman) as Zakk as much as I love the guy got boring with pinch harmonic and similiar riffs, so that CD will sound fresh from instrumental point still I think Ozzy should hire John 5 (maybe he tried but John is great friend of Rob Zombie so he didn't want to leave friend during tour and recording new album) , John has mad songwriting skills ( his new solo album is great, I would love to hear Ozzy wail on "Werewolf of Westeira also co-wrote the best songs on new Lynyrd Skynyrd album) also his solos are really flashy he isn't so well known because both Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie has that no guitar solos, no complicated guitar arrangements style. And Ozzy is all about crazy guitars and you can get any better guy to play crazy guitar than John 5 ( bar Buckethead but Ozzy won't hire him anyway he tried one time and it all went down)

I agree, Sandman. Nightmare is a fantastic track, and it seems to fit along with tracks like Trap Door and The Almighty Dollar so much.

Regardless, and you said, I liked the album a lot as well. Black Rain was actually the first Ozzy album to come out while I was a huge Ozzy fan. Down To Earth came out back when I was like 8 and at that time, I didn't even know who Ozzy was. :lol:

I'm extremely excited for this album though, because it'll be Ozzy's first with a new guitarist since Zakk's first album with him (No Rest For The Wicked) came out in the late 80s.

I'm hoping for some nice fresh sounding Ozz tunes! :thumbsup: