Your favorite band...

DirtyDeeds

You really are a moron. This thread states, "You Favourite band...that nobody has really heard of".

Ok, let's see.

3 tracks on the Vanilla Sky Soundtrack...check

3 singles that got onto the Billboard top 100 (american list, dumbfuck)....check

One of the biggest selling bands in Europe....check

Steady sold-out shows...check

This_Guy, you're wrong again. I'll give you a head-stard to leave this thread.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what he means by "unkown", but Sigur Ros is an international sucess. They aren't of "the lesser known bands".

Christ, They've had 2 videos on MTV already. Hre in Canada, on our biggest music station, MuchMusic, a Sigur Ros video was voted best of the year on a particular program.

You can't even argue that they're "unknown".

Does Dog`s D`amour count?..I had never heard of them until my friend gave me their best of cd and i love it now..I have no idea if they were big in the 80`s or early 90`s..Don`t think so..Let me know if i`m wrong

You really are a moron. This thread states, "You Favourite band...that nobody has really heard of".

Ok, let's see.

3 tracks on the Vanilla Sky Soundtrack...check

3 singles that got onto the Billboard top 100 (american list, dumbfuck)....check

One of the biggest selling bands in Europe....check

Steady sold-out shows...check

This_Guy, you're wrong again. I'll give you a head-stard to leave this thread.

3 tracks on a marginal movie soundtrack does not constitute international success.

the billboard top 100 list is manipulated by record companies and monetary investments by outside buisness interests to propigate the success of upcoming artists, aswell as household names to maximize sales. it's not a list based on sales or independent recources as you would choose to believe.

we all know how european success effects western sales trends don't we? isn't david hasselhoff huge in germany? john tesh anyone?

i skipped the h00mework assignment tonight mr. mensa, but how big are these sold out shows? at what point do we call some one a success? how does one define the word "unknown"? if a band is well known to you, why do you feel the need to stand on a podium and spit venom into the eye of a younger seeker?

congrats, someone disagrees with you and you laserbeam to the superiority complex once again. you may be under the impression that you have your finger on the pulse of cutting edge music, but youre nothing more than a hateful, lonely elitist with a boringly average record collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just gonna say 54 40. Canadian alternative rock band. They are/were pretty popular in Canada, but there are plenty of people who haven't heard of them, especially in the States, but also here. Also they are often neglected from lists and such.

RUSSIAN METAL TO THE MASSES!!! B)

SHADOW HOST (power metal)

ARIDA VORTEX (power metal)

HORNED NECROCANNIBALS/РОГАТЫЕ ТРУПОЕДЫ (diabolical necro-punk death metal)

cupcake BENDS FIR/ТРОЛЛЬ ГНЁТ ЕЛЬ (beer folk)

I'm just gonna say 54 40. Canadian alternative rock band. They are/were pretty popular in Canada, but there are plenty of people who haven't heard of them, especially in the States, but also here. Also they are often neglected from lists and such.

Actually, a friend of mine who lives in Canada is a huge fan of 54-40. He bought me the "Heavy Mellow" live album to listen to them, and I have to admit it kicks. It's too bad more people haven't heard them.

anyone heard of "the living end"? they from australia, they r pretty big in australia, not sure in other countries though,...

i like a philipin band, called, eraserhead......i like their music although i dont understand the language,...

i also like some indonesian bands,..called dewa, padi, boomerang and jamrud.

try to download DEWA.....they sound like a mix of Queen, U2 and Sting.

He's ppular in Canada and Taiwan(I think) but everywhere else I doubt anybody knows who David Usher is.

i know Black Black heart from David Usher, I like it.

you should check out his albums man.

Little Songs(Debute recorded in his kitchen)

Morning Orbit(More pop oriented/radio friendly, featured Black Black Heart)

Hallucinations(most recent and best in my opinion. A mixture of the first two in a way.)