The Fucking Beach Boys

Guest Nasty Nate

Guest floyd the barber

I LOVE this band. I don't know what to say. There songs make me happy. I own Sounds of Summer, but I want to hear more. Obviously that album has all their greatest hits, but what should I buy if I want more? Help please.

I LOVE this band. I don't know what to say. There songs make me happy. I own Sounds of Summer, but I want to hear more. Obviously that album has all their greatest hits, but what should I buy if I want more? Help please.

Pet Sounds- greatest album ever made.

think this is a band i should start listening too.

Avoid the early surfy stuff (unless you want a bit of fun) and delve into their more musically complex work. Beautiful melodies and arrangements - it's a cliche, but Good Vibrations is probably the most perfect pop song ever conceived.

I BOUGHT IT, putting it on mah computer naow. ^_^

You'll love it, enjoy. Still Believe In Me is amazing, Caroline as above, just some of the best writing ever. It was so ahead of its time, and was a huge inspiration to the writing of John and Paul in their following works. Quite the rivalry. Then he worked for a year on Smile, fell apart emotionally for many reasons, shelved it and went to bed for years...literally.

I saw him do the new live Smile 2x, I met him backstage too, talked to the band, and got some autographed stuff from him. Funny stories there, but for another day. What I wanted to add is as good as the 04 version was, and as good as the new band recreated the old, the original unreleased is superior. From tracks of boots, stolen and copied from Capitol, many fan mixes have emerged. The original also has songs that didn't make the 04 version. The biggest difference was Brian directed it all then with amazing musicians, and his voice was still intact. This meant he did the falsettos, not Jeff as in 04 version.

After you digest Pet Sounds, slowly get into this. Mok's Smile is regarded as the best one, made a few years before Brian had a notion to redo it live in 04. I say ''slowly'' as the waters are deep and dangerous, lol. . One night a fire started down the street when they recorded "Fire" aka Mrs' O'Leary's Cow, and that spooked Brian beyond words. Sort of started the downfall, lol. That, the drugs, the lack of Mike Love's support of it, all helped ruin what was the most creative song writer of our day. You can't help but wonder how it would have done against Sgt Pepper's if it had been released. The track list was given to Capitol, several hundred thousand covers were made awaiting a disk, all destroyed eventually. This is closer to the original tracklist, Surf's Up Ended the album then for example, it was not a 3 movement thing back then.

There's a dload link at the bottom, I didn't see if it worked, if not I can upload the whole thing for you.

Read and enjoy!

Mok's Smile

Edited by axlskAmpf

• 1 month later...

Still think Endless Summer is their best of the "best ofs", second is "Classics: Selections by Brian Wilson", which I liked better than "Sounds of Summer".

The 5 CD "Good Vibrations" box set has pretty much everything you want, and I've seen it for pretty cheap.

Pet Sounds has been over-reissued, but if you can find the 40th anniver with the CD and DVD, that one's the best one to get.

And def. get Dennis Wilson's "Pacific Ocean Blue".

As far as bootlegs, try to find the Purple Chick "Smile" boot, because they took what Brian put out and put the original Beach Boys songs on it. It is pretty awesome.