Axl Rose N#5 The 20 Greatest Frontmen in Rock

izbo

Gene fuckin' Simmons #6 and Robert Plant 20#??? Yeah, right.

Axl is well placed, but even considering that these lists will never please everybody, this one is specially shitty.

My top 5:

1. Elvis Presley

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Robert Plant

4. Mick Jagger

5. Axl Rose

Elvis was a fucking solo artist...he shouldn't be on a "front man" list. Front men are artists who lead a band, not go solo.

And not having Cobain on this list invalidates in completely.

Yeah, I agree Elvis is a solo artist so 'front man' doesn't really apply. If he's on there, then what about Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Janis Joplin and a whole bunch of solo performers?

I could see Bon Scott on here, but Angus really takes the spotlight in AC/DC as much as Bon.

Axl Rose has attained an almost mythical status -- and not only for his onstage presence. Rose is a lightning rod for controversy, be it punching an unruly reporter or taking 14 years and $12 million to make an album. Despite all that, when he is on his game, there is no one better. Barely contained intensity mixes with manic energy to make him an attention magnet. And even with the depth of talent that the other members of Guns N' Roses possessed, it was impossible to keep from watching Axl as he rushed across teh stage, belting out notes that could shatter glass or bloody eardrums.

The rest of the list:

1. Elvis Presley

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Mick Jagger

4. David Lee Roth

5. Axl Rose

6. Gene Simmons

7. Ozzy Osbourne

8. Iggy Pop

9. Jim Morrison

10. Alice Cooper

11. Steven Tyler

12. Bruce Dickinson

13. Bruce Springsteen

14. David Bowie

15. Marilyn Manson

16. Robert Smith

17. Bono

18. Rob Zombie

19. Ted Nugent

20. Robert Plant

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/15/greatest-rock-frontmen/

Ok Axl should be above Roth. IMO. Hetfield deserves to be on this list too. Same with Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. And Stephen Tyler 11th? wtf. he should be 1st