Pearl Jam VS. U2

ITW 2012

Pearl Jam VS. U2

Who do you like better? They are both still kicking with their original lineups, with the exception of Pearl Jam's drummer, and both are still very popular. I've always liked Pearl Jam better though. They could have been bigger than U2 if they played the promotions game but they've gone their own way and remained artistically credible. U2 has become AC/DC type plagiarists of themselves at this point and I hope they hang it up soon. How many times can the Edge recycle the guitar from Where the Streets Have No Name and get away with it? At the end of the day it all comes down to tunes and I think Pearl Jam just have way more great songs.

Footage of Ed blowing that pompous ass off stage just like Axl did back in the day.

Edited by ITW 2012

I haven't listened to that much U2. I have those two best-of albums they have for the 80s and 90s and I like 3-4 songs off each. The rest I find pretty boring. Also, the U2 maniacs on this forum have kinda ruined it for me :lol: I hear U2 and it reminds me of Black Sabbath et co and I feel like puking.:thumbsdown:

Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands and is responsible for my username here and on a few other sites. :)

I haven't listened to that much U2. I have those two best-of albums they have for the 80s and 90s and I like 3-4 songs off each. The rest I find pretty boring. Also, the U2 maniacs on this forum have kinda ruined it for me :lol: I hear U2 and it reminds me of Black Sabbath et co and I feel like puking.:thumbsdown:

Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands and is responsible for my username here and on a few other sites. :)

The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are great albums that you should own.

Harsh to call U2 AC/DC plagarists of themselvesm, I mean listen to AC/DC albums through the years and they sound musically more or less the same.

U2 are like Iron Maiden in which their albums have a certain style but all sound different from the last. And if you can't see that tehre is a difference between the music of the albums then you aren't looking hard enough, I mean compare Appetite to UYI, they sounds different but you can tell its GN'R style. This decade U2 have released a poppy style album, a rocky style album and an experimental style album.

Harsh to call U2 AC/DC plagarists of themselvesm, I mean listen to AC/DC albums through the years and they sound musically more or less the same.

U2 are like Iron Maiden in which their albums have a certain style but all sound different from the last. And if you can't see that tehre is a difference between the music of the albums then you aren't looking hard enough, I mean compare Appetite to UYI, they sounds different but you can tell its GN'R style. This decade U2 have released a poppy style album, a rocky style album and an experimental style album.

They've released a whole lotta crap this decade. Beautiful Day is a great song though and Vertigo is alright. I just think they are AC/DC'ing themselves at this point and it amazes me that the public still laps this shit up. That Magnificent song makes me want to puke, LOL.

Edited by ITW 2012

that was my home town crowd there.. and it's a good jam, but to me eddie is definitely the pearl

Reported for not knowing anything.

ha ha ha a ha

:lol:

Pearl Jam's my answer, who would've thought?! Best band around, imo. I just love everything about this band! Going to see them again this year, fuck yes!!!

:thumbsup:

The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are great albums that you should own.

i like all that you can't leave behind

U2 has always been kind of singles band for me....but they have a habit of making great singles

Pearl Jam....well their first 3 albums are great.....but after that....jeez, besides a couple of songs it has been pretty terrible.....

So I guess that makes them about even :P

They've released a whole lotta crap this decade. Beautiful Day is a great song though and Vertigo is alright. I just think they are AC/DC'ing themselves at this point and it amazes me that the public still laps this shit up. That Magnificent song makes me want to puke, LOL.

You've certaintly given this a lot of thought with the only three songs you mention being the big singles. Out of this decade Unknown Caller, Kite, City Of Blinding Lights, Yahweh, Breathe, Crumbs From Your Table, Beautiful Day, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Elevation, Walk On, In A Little While are all class.

Pearl jam by a long shot. Eddie's voice just blows bono's in that performance.

I sorta agree.

It's clear that chain smoking has done a number on Bono's voice; but at their peak, I would take Bono over Veddar.

I sorta agree.

The songs of off the last three albums, can switch around and unless you knew, you wouldn't be able to tell what albums they where from.

The only Pearl Jam I've listened to is Ten and Vitalogy, but I've listened to them enough times to know they don't do anything for me. They're just too dull for me.

I prefer U2's energy and and diversity.

Edited by SpUd_Jr

:lol:

Pearl Jam's my answer, who would've thought?! Best band around, imo. I just love everything about this band! Going to see them again this year, fuck yes!!!

I completely agree, and I'm going to see Pearl Jam this year too. I really like U2, but I think Pearl Jam are much better.

PJ for three main reasons,

1. Eddie has a better voice. I know this is a matter of personal opinion, but Bono just doesn't do it for me.

2. Pearl Jam seems so much more real. I actually feel the emotion in every PJ song I've ever heard. U2 seems to phone it in on a lot of songs.

3. Pearl Jam has a much better opinion of themselves than U2. I can't get past Bono commenting that they're musically "somewhere that no other band has been". Bono seems so elitist about his music whereas Eddie is very down to earth about the band's abilities.

They both do a lot for the good outside of the music world, and I realize that it's Bono who sours me on U2 rather than the whole band (especially after I saw This Might get Loud....Edge was cool in that), but I don't even think it's close, and PJ is better.

I kind of agree with this. I think ATYCLB was a decent album, and fitting for what was happening with 9/11 and everything. I didn't like HTDAAB as much, but there are a few decent songs on there. And I wasn't at all impressed with NLOTH. As cliche as this sounds, they should get back to their roots. Lyrically NLOTH is good, but none of the songs will really stick, ya know?

Having said that.....I prefer U2 by a mile and a half. Pearl Jam are awesome, but as overrated as U2 is, I still think they make more interesting music.