Pearl Jam VS. U2

ITW 2012

lol, pearl jam are awful imo

hate eddie vedder's voice, it just reminds me of creed and nickelback. there's nothing sexy or intriguing about the music or the lyrics at all. incredibly bland, they're even worse than the goddamn chili peppers. they seem to have a very healthy relationship with their fanbase, though, and that's something to applaud.

but i digress, u2 all the way. "discothèque" > anything by pj

lol, pearl jam are awful imo

hate eddie vedder's voice, it just reminds me of creed and nickelback. there's nothing sexy or intriguing about the music or the lyrics at all. incredibly bland, they're even worse than the goddamn chili peppers. they seem to have a very healthy relationship with their fanbase, though, and that's something to applaud.

but i digress, u2 all the way. "discothèque" > anything by pj

I'm not going to argue over eddie's voice or who the band sounds like but what is so bad about the lyrics? I think that eddie is one of the most creative writers to this day. Then again if you write them off and don't LISTEN to them I can see how you could make the judgment.

PJ for three main reasons,

1. Eddie has a better voice. I know this is a matter of personal opinion, but Bono just doesn't do it for me.

2. Pearl Jam seems so much more real. I actually feel the emotion in every PJ song I've ever heard. U2 seems to phone it in on a lot of songs.

3. Pearl Jam has a much better opinion of themselves than U2. I can't get past Bono commenting that they're musically "somewhere that no other band has been". Bono seems so elitist about his music whereas Eddie is very down to earth about the band's abilities.

They both do a lot for the good outside of the music world, and I realize that it's Bono who sours me on U2 rather than the whole band (especially after I saw This Might get Loud....Edge was cool in that), but I don't even think it's close, and PJ is better.

I think U2 has much more emotional songs than Pearl Jam in overall just in recent years they release some worse songs. And "War" album is much better than any political inspired PJ album. "War" is true and full of anger PJ political songs are dull for me and they are bad compared to earlier stuff.

I kind of agree with 3 point that Bono is full of himself but being true U2 has unique sound, sound they made by themselves you can't really tell their influences, Edge guitar work is spectacular and unique, no other bands sounds like U2 ( no matter if you like U2 sound or not ) there were bands sounding like PJ and there are , their sound isn't that unique.

I have a love/hate relationship with both bands. U2 have probably accomplished more and I'd say they're the "better" band - but I'd still rather to listen to Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam just want to play music and don't care about awards and the rest that goes with it. Something you can't say about U2

Are you retarded?

Serious question.

no, i just don't like you