What Changed? The NEW Axl Rose

GeorgeGlass

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm still an old GNR guy and always will be, but its refreshing to see Axl back on the road and further, seeming to have a good time. His posts on Twitter and visits to the forum indicate at least in part that he wants to be more connected to the fans, for better or worse. We know nothing will ever be conventional with him, so that comes with the territory and quite frankly is part of his persona, but what changed or what clicked that's got Axl doing the things he's doing now? It's a loaded and speculative question, but you have to admit it's very intriguing...there just wasn't this 'feel' about him in '02 or even '06 - that those shows were done more for money than pleasure. He appears to actually be enjoying these '09-'10 shows. Does he finally have some guys he's truly comfortable with, or is it something else?

I'd love for him to address this but that isn't likely, so I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Maybe he is on antidepressants or in love? Or maybe is just glad there's finally a product out to promote and sick of the larger than life Howard Hughes status that he had from 2002-2006?

It's great he's connecting more to the fans, but what does that gain anyone as long as he's not connected to the band and vice versa? They don't even use the same car/bus/van to the venues and stuff and you don't ever see them hanging out together or doing promotion together. It speaks volumes.

What is Twitter and the online chatter all about? Small talk and defiance, Slash this, nonsense that, he is always defending himself out of general principle. No insight on the music, no insight on the band, nothing. I would trade those silly Twitter updates for the dark and mysterious Axl Rose from 2002-2006 any day.

someone told(an insider) that axl and volkova(?? dunno the name) are waiting twins! he is getting mature people.. ! :wub:

More Bullshit Speculation and lies, she has been photoed with Dan McMillan recently, why do people insist on spreading refuse around the net? It is shit like this that turns up on TMZ and Sludge as "the truth".

Meds? More crapola,unconfirmed,unknown shit.

Can't everyone be glad "It is what it is",enjoy the times,the concerts, the tweets, without overanalyzing, posting false assumptions, and Digging up negative nonsense to drag everyone's good spirits down? thought this trend was over.

Everything is looking up- I'm staying positive, it's a great time to be a GNR fan !!

unless you are a obsessive deranged cupcake,with an agenda.

The gigs have been great, the tweets are an added bonus;

It's all good!!

More Bullshit Speculation and lies, she has been photoed with Dan McMillan recently, why do people insist on spreading refuse around the net? It is shit like this that turns up on TMZ and Sludge as "the truth".

Can't everyone be glad "It is what it is",enjoy the times,the concerts, the tweets, without overanalyzing, posting false assumptions, and Digging up negative nonsense to drag everyone's good spirits down? thought this trend was over.

Everything is looking up- I'm staying positive, it's a great time to be a GNR fan !!

It's all good!!

+1 :thumbsup:

i dont think axl has changed, its just our perceptions have changed. axl has always been axl, whether he was on twitter or not. people just assumed in the silent periods that he hated us or something. every show i was at seemed the same, axl was so cool and positive. people were shocked at his good mood, you get that sense from a lot of the reviews as well.

maybe they just had the wrong idea about axl?

its clear the public perception is way off.

axl bad, slash good, raaawwwr.

wtf ever.

how can all of your posts make so much sense?

As general and generic as this may sound, it's just a change in his mentality. We've all been there, that point/s in time where you feel like nothing can ever go right, you're struggling with yourself. Maybe he had an awakening that reminded him of how much he really likes to perform, to sing. This has been his career for a very long time, and he just needed some time to find that spark again.

It is pretty obvious what has changed.

Axl finally got a decent hair transplant. Now he feels like his old self again.

With that said. The bootlegs have been great keep rocking AXL & CO!!!

Proof Please, or stop spreading rumors.

Yes; the gigs have been nothing short of spectacular but that's

Guns N' Roses-unpredictable, brilliant,never dull-and don't play by established "rules". Gotta love em'

It's all good!!

Axl is bipolar FACT, read your gnr history, he is manic depressive.

Axl got hair plugs FACT, didnt he even admit it?

MEDS, is he on them, who knows, he could be to help with the bipolar, but nothing is wrong with that.

Stop denying what is already widely known as the truth.

Just because you dont want to believe it doesnt mean its not true

Edited by gnr-dave

It's all good!!

MEDS, is he on them, who knows, he could be to help with the bipolar, but nothing is wrong with that.

A) Those are questionable facts, unless you've seen a diagnosis, know what he's taking/isn't taking, or saw him get work done. I don't recall him ever confirming any work being done.

B) Who the fuck cares.

The band is touring, the CD is out. I'd say that's the monkey off Axl's back right there. He's got a group of guys he likes playing with. Look at him on stage - he's having fun again. He's playful and joking around and partying and doing what he wants.

Why the fuck do people need to analyze everything to death? Give the guy his privacy, enjoy the shows, and otherwise, live YOUR lives.

It's all good!!

Axl is bipolar - FALSE. Axl himself said in late '08 on one his message board posts that he is not in fact been diagnosed as bipolar.

Axl got hair plugs and has admitted it - SPECULATION/FALSE. It's only been speculated, never proven he had this done. He has never admitted it.

MEDS - no one's business but his. Only he can declare if that is true or false, not anyone from any message board. But, it is irrelevant to us and none of our damn business.

All these things are irrelevant to us and/or none of our business as fans of Axl Rose the artist - FACT.

Ali

Edited by Ali

It's all good!!

Axl is bipolar: I don't give a sh*t: FACT

Axl got hair plugs: I don't give a sh*t: FACT

Meds, he's on them: I don't give a sh*t:FACT

Axl and Guns and roses are touring and connecting with the fanbase: I give a sh*t FACT

I actually have read and experienced GNR history as I was old enough to appreciate them in '87

thank you, that is all...

I'm sorry, but what PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION ("Meds") someone is on, even Axl Rose, is not our business. That is his personal business. I'm not talking about recreational drugs. I'm well aware that recreational drugs have influenced artists.

Ali

It's all good!!

Axl is bipolar - FALSE. Axl himself said in late '08 on one his message board posts that he is not in fact been diagnosed as bipolar.

Axl got hair plugs and has admitted it - SPECULATION/FALSE. It's only been speculated, never proven he had this done. He has never admitted it.

MEDS - no one's business but his. Only he can declare if that is true or false, not anyone from any message board. But, it is irrelevant to us and none of our damn business.

All these things are irrelevant to us and/or none of our business as fans of Axl Rose the artist - FACT.

Ali

Agreed 100 % ,Very nice way to kick the cupcake in his teeth Ali! -FACT :thumbsup:

Chaos, I know full well what respect means, but I have none for the few people that come here day after day with the sole intention of bashing GNR incessantly, turning every positive into a negative personal Dig at the band-These people deserve no respect at all, they are obsessed and deluded,all in all not too bright, on the precipice of insane cretinism. No respect due.

It's all good!!

Ali

You really are living in a dream world arent you?

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/celebs/a/axlrose.htm

Axl said he does not think the diagosis is correct, that is a huge difference between not having it.

It does say he could fit into other things too but even he admitted years ago he was diagnosed with it, but of course he changed his story (gee like that hasnt happened before).

Just watching how he behaves fits it.

If you dont believe Axl had hair plugs you are a fool.

It happened shortly after the Rio gig. That is why he wore braids.

Just look at his mug shot, you can see his hair thinning even back then.

There is nothing wrong with hair plugs but you cant be serious you cannot see he had them done.

There have been tons of reports about it too, and I bet you dont believe he had botox done either.

Just watch this video

its obvious he had botox at the very least.

Never said he was on meds but he should be if he is not. Again nothing wrong with it.