What Changed? The NEW Axl Rose

GeorgeGlass

You people are crazy.

who cares if Axl is a little fat, over 50% of the country is over weight,

who cares if he lost his hair and had a hair transplant, lots of people lose their hair.

who cares if he has dragged the GNR name through the mud the past 10 years.

Axl is back and performing at a great level. The shows have been the best since the Illusions Tour.

Its not going to get any better than this, so just enjoy what we have now. ROCK ON PEOPLE.......QUIT HATIN

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEU-YORK and Amy, if you dont have anything to add to the discuss then just dont say anything.

If people would just debate the points instead of attacking me then things would go a lot smoother, but of course they cannot debate what I said because you know I am right.

And I would not have to repeate my self of people like Ali and his crew would just stick what I am saying instead of going off topic by trying to bash me.

So here is what we can do, we can just agree to disagree and move on.

People just need to stop attacking anyone that does not kiss Axls ass and makes a simple criticsm of him.

People claim oh Im a hater because I dont think Axl sounds as good as he did in the 90s like some are claiming.

Edited by gnr-dave

NEU-YORK and Amy, if you dont have anything to add to the discuss then just dont say anything.

If people would just debate the points instead of attacking me then things would go a lot smoother, but of course they cannot debate what I said because you know I am right.

And I would not have to repeate my self of people like Ali and his crew would just stick what I am saying instead of going off topic by trying to bash me.

People just need to stop attacking anyone that does not kiss Axls ass and makes a simple criticsm of him.

People claim oh Im a hater because I dont think Axl sounds as good as he did in the 90s like some are claiming.

TRU DAT

YOU MAKE ALOT OF SENSE. FUCK THE HATERZ. HATERZ GOTTA HATE

I don't think there's anything wrong with criticizing someone's singing if it's not holding up.

I really like the way he is singing these days ...

Anyway, I don´t consider you a hater. I´m with you about the fact people can make critics, give opinions,,, but we must be respectful with other´s opinions...

I´ll never say you are an idiot because you think Axl is singing bad, if you act like me we can debate respetfully :thumbsup:

Was at Montreal& Quebec city this yr,2010, at numerous gigs in 2006 Hammerstein,& others in US & AU. The band sounds killer now-FACT.

You must be damaged to try to elicit this kind of response from people, and I still call bullshit on your e-psychology babble-

you have an opinion you state as fact,and claim everyone else is wrong, you aren't speaking truth you are talking out your ass,

Damn near everyone has crawled your idiotic posts, What the hell is wrong with you? That is, aside from Trollitis and presumed self-importance-get real or shut up!!

Was at Montreal& Quebec city this yr,2010, at numerous gigs in 2006 Hammerstein,& others in US & AU. The band sounds killer now-FACT.

You must be damaged to try to elicit this kind of response from people, and I still call bullshit on your e-psychology babble-

you have an opinion you state as fact,and claim everyone else is wrong, you aren't speaking truth you are talking out your ass,

Damn near everyone has crawled your idiotic posts, What the hell is wrong with you? That is, aside from Trollitis and presumed self-importance-get real or shut up!!

I never said the band didnt sound good, they sound. I even said Axl sounds decent, I just said he does not sound as good as he did in the 90s like some people are claiming.

And again you with your personal insults, cant you make a point with insults? Didnt another poster just go over this? The reason you get so worked up is because you know I am right.

I still dont see how I am trolling, the only people that cupcake are people like, just look at your post.

You should have left it at . Was at Montreal& Quebec city this yr,2010, at numerous gigs in 2006 Hammerstein,& others in US & AU. The band sounds killer now-FACT.

So let me say it again, the band sounds good and Axl sound decent but not as good as he did in the 90s like some are claiming.

How is that trolling????

all the people crying on this forum (Ali, plonker,chaos) because I am not kissing Axls ass

Don't mention my name, I didn't give my opinion on anything, fuckhead.

I left you 2 comments, both in different threads.

Let me make myself clearer.

I said I'm sick of seeing you everywhere because you're repetitive, you're rude, you have no respect for yourself or anyone else, and you annoy me. Did I mention Axl anywhere there you dumb fuck??

You're off topic in every fucking thread.

I don't know who's dumber, you or the people who waste their time replying to your arguments with theirs.

Edited by chaos

I never said the band didnt sound good, they sound. I even said Axl sounds decent, I just said he does not sound as good as he did in the 90s like some people are claiming.

And again you with your personal insults, cant you make a point with insults? Didnt another poster just go over this? The reason you get so worked up is because you know I am right.

I still dont see how I am trolling, the only people that cupcake are people like, just look at your post.

You should have left it at . Was at Montreal& Quebec city this yr,2010, at numerous gigs in 2006 Hammerstein,& others in US & AU. The band sounds killer now-FACT.

So let me say it again, the band sounds good and Axl sound decent but not as good as he did in the 90s like some are claiming.

How is that trolling????

I also think he sounds as good as he has SINCE the UYI days. I don't think anything will top that, much like Hetfield during Wherever We May Roam.

Dave-shut the hell up with your e-psychology, your fucked up opinions that you constantly try to pass off as truth, you have a serious mental deficiency that makes you come here day after day, spouting out the same putrid bullshit- you are an obsessed psycho and everyone is tired of your trailer- park rhetoric :fuckyou:

Supersuck, you know I am right, google what I said. Axl rose and bipolar, tell me what comes up.

This is what comes up

http://bipolar.about.com/cs/celebs/a/axlrose.htm

and this is what he said

" I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was to take one 500 question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of a sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive. 'Let's put Axl on medication.' Well, the medication doesn't help me deal with the stress. The only thing it does is help keep people off my back because they figure I'm on medication."

Edited by Blues

Alot of you people calling GNR-dave a cupcake are Johnny-come-latelies who are clueless as to the levels to which Dave used to defend the band and for how long he is doing it. There was a point in which he was at the level of the GNR educators when it comes to devotion of his defense of the new band. Just because he is not drinking the sweat off Axl's balls anymore does not some how make him a cupcake or hater, just a more reasonable fan who is cutting back on second helpings of the Koolaid.

Alot of you people calling GNR-dave a cupcake are Johnny-come-latelies who are clueless as to the levels to which Dave used to defend the band and for how long he is doing it. There was a point in which he was at the level of the GNR educators when it comes to devotion of his defense of the new band. Just because he is not drinking the sweat off Axl's balls anymore does not some how make him a cupcake or hater, just a more reasonable fan who is cutting back on second helpings of the Koolaid.

Thanks, like I said back then, I always said when Axl starts doing things I dont agree with I would call him on it, and I started to do that.

Maybe I got too extreme this past week, but the Madison thing set me off, but I am over that now, and I think all the people I have been arguing with we have new respect for each other, and its time to start over.

I just need to choose the way I criticize more carefully.

If people do think I am a cupcake they should go google my Axl Rose article I wrote back in 2006 and I still think the 2002 version of this band is the most talented version of guns n roses even more so than the AFD version.

Dave-shut the hell up with your e-psychology, your fucked up opinions that you constantly try to pass off as truth, you have a serious mental deficiency that makes you come here day after day, spouting out the same putrid bullshit- you are an obsessed psycho and everyone is tired of your trailer- park rhetoric :fuckyou:

Supersuck, you know I am right, google what I said. Axl rose and bipolar, tell me what comes up.

This is what comes up

and this is what he said

" I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was to take one 500 question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of a sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive. 'Let's put Axl on medication.' Well, the medication doesn't help me deal with the stress. The only thing it does is help keep people off my back because they figure I'm on medication."

Thanks for finding the quote. I am not sure how that was taken out of context but it sounds to me like Axl is saying he was diagnosed as being bipolar, that is where I got my info from, i just could not find the quote.

Edited by gnr-dave

This is what comes up

and this is what he said

I think he should get back on his meds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32i4vBGNIBw

Thanks, like I said back then, I always said when Axl starts doing things I dont agree with I would call him on it, and I started to do that.

Maybe I got too extreme this past week, but the Madison thing set me off, but I am over that now, and I think all the people I have been arguing with we have new respect for each other, and its time to start over.

I just need to choose the way I criticize more carefully.

If people do think I am a cupcake they should go google my Axl Rose article I wrote back in 2006 and I still think the 2002 version of this band is the most talented version of guns n roses even more so than the AFD version.

This is what comes up

and this is what he said

Thanks for finding the quote. I am not sure how that was taken out of context but it sounds to me like Axl is saying he was diagnosed as being bipolar, that is where I got my info from, i just could not find the quote.

Funny thats not what I got from that at all

Sounds to me like he took some half ass test and got a half ass diagnosis and was put on meds that did nothing.

not what i would call definitive.

Edited by Blues

He was still diagnosed, and the way he acts points to him being bipolar. Axl said later he never believed that diagnosis, but now he claims he never was diagnosed.

Something does not add up. Judging from Axls actions the past 20 years, all signs point to it being correct. Its all semantics what Axl said on the chats.

Even if he was not offically diognosed, its pretty difficult to say Axl does not show signs of being bipolar. Like I said, its not a slam, its way to explain his behavior and actually defends his behavior because he cannot help it.

So I dont see why people are so quick to dismiss this theory.

This is what comes up

and this is what he said

Put it this way, this is the first thing they pull out of the clinical bag. If you've ever had a down day - and if you've ever had a day where you were happy .... they take no chances and declare that you're bipolar. It happened to my son, who told them to screw themselves ....... he takes no medication but agreed to allow the people around him to watch his behavior just in case. Happening to my daughter in law right now, and she's enlisting herself in one of those new medical studies. Seems like anyone who attempts to get help gets the bipolar stamp on their forehead.

But if you look at it, manic-depression has so many varying areas that it could cover situational depression, general depression, general anxiety disorder, borderline personality disorder - or someone just going through a bad patch in their life.

I'm simply talking from someone who has been down that route. What Axl said regarding it could have been said by many other people I've met who are not manic depressive, but simply went to get help going through something in their life at that moment.

One psychiatrist's opinion means nothing. It's something that needs to be looked into with many varied opinions.

He was still diagnosed, and the way he acts points to him being bipolar. Axl said later he never believed that diagnosis, but now he claims he never was diagnosed.

Something does not add up. Judging from Axls actions the past 20 years, all signs point to it being correct. Its all semantics what Axl said on the chats.

Even if he was not offically diognosed, its pretty difficult to say Axl does not show signs of being bipolar. Like I said, its not a slam, its way to explain his behavior and actually defends his behavior because he cannot help it.

As an addendum to my prior post above I'll respond to you as well.

What I said does not absolve him of being bipolar. What it does absolve him from is people on a forum who do not know him personally, making references to only what they've seen him show in public - and making psychological declarations. So basically yes we can dismiss the theory to lack of evidence.

Not trying to argue, only debating from a critically thinking standpoint.

As an addendum to my prior post above I'll respond to you as well.

What I said does not absolve him of being bipolar. What it does absolve him from is people on a forum who do not know him personally, making references to only what they've seen him show in public - and making psychological declarations. So basically yes we can dismiss the theory to lack of evidence.

Not trying to argue, only debating from a critically thinking standpoint.

I dont think you were arguing at all, you made valid points.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. You hate Axl, I get it. Pointless for you to keep coming here, no?

I don't work in the field, and I have online temper tantrums? That is funny when all you have to do is look at all the people crying on this forum (Ali, plonker,chaos) because I am not kissing Axls ass. And you claim you work in the field, and even you admit Axl is bipolar, sure you used the word possible but you know he is, you are just trying to not piss off the cry babies on this board so they dont start ranting at you. And that list, sure everyone may have one or two on that list but Axl has pretty much all of them.

I don't see where you read that I admitted that Axl is bipolar. I said he could be, you could be, others on the board could be. My point being that I don't have enough information to make that determination, nor do you. In my work, I see the damage people suffer from inappropriate diagnoses like this that are irresponsibly made without appropriate information to do so. Just to be clear, I am not a psychiatrist.

Besides, it's no one's business. Wouldn't you agree? What does it have to do with anything, really?

You seem so hell bent on convincing people that Axl is bipolar. It says more about you. You're not in competition with him you know. You don't have to prove you're better than him. Just as you don't have to prove you're better than anyone else by calling them cry babies simply because they disagreed with you.

Let's all practice responsible posting, shall we? :D

hebbesy: Hey Axl,

Is there anything in the past that you have now looked back on and thought maybe I culd have handled that differently, also what are your ongoing hopes for GnR in the future?

I have cyclothemia and sometimes get this feeling that I cant be around people and need my own space and area, how do you find the bipolar effect you, if you dont mind me asking that is?

thanks again for doing this.

Alex

Axl: Of course but in the world of sports and litigation....

I've not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there's been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events but I definitely can relate to needing my own space.

In my world all bi polar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=134101

Axl said he has never been diagnosed as bipoler, until he actually is, making assumptions about it is just retarded since none of us know 5% of the guys life and what he actually is like.

i remember reading a rock magazine interview with axl back in the late 80s where he said he was diagnosed by a shrink to be manic-depressive, and so long as he takes his lithium, it keeps him in check..........I don't know if the journalist totally made that up, but I remember the quote...........

not sure if that meens axl is taking his meds now :shrugs:

hebbesy: Hey Axl,

Is there anything in the past that you have now looked back on and thought maybe I culd have handled that differently, also what are your ongoing hopes for GnR in the future?

I have cyclothemia and sometimes get this feeling that I cant be around people and need my own space and area, how do you find the bipolar effect you, if you dont mind me asking that is?

thanks again for doing this.

Alex

Axl: Of course but in the world of sports and litigation....

I've not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there's been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events but I definitely can relate to needing my own space.

In my world all bi polar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=134101

I know he said that but in the other quote, and there is another interview from back in the day where he talks about being diagnosed with it, I dont see how it can be misconstrued.

I wish he would have given his "correct" quote from back in the day to show how he was misquoted.

But we have two quotes that are saying two different things. Its best we just move on and let the person who reads both quotes take what they want from it.

It does not really matter if he was really diagnosed or not. Just because he was diagnosed does not mean he has it, and just because he wasnt diagnosed doesnt mean he does not have it.