What Changed? The NEW Axl Rose

GeorgeGlass

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your all dum. This is the OLD axl rose.

The new one came along in 2002 and he died with the release of this cd.

Haha, I was just about to post something similar. The Axl Rose that I see onstage today (at least judging from the photographs and bootlegs), is the same man whose unbelievably raw energy made me a fan in the first place. I couldn't quite tell you what it is, but there is a noticeable change. The chip on his shoulder has slid off into the stratosphere. For the first time in many years, I once again feel utter excitement when made aware of Guns' movements across the musical landscape. I have been jaded for too long. These days, I am quite proud to be a fan of the band.

Ok, I'm still an old GNR guy and always will be, but its refreshing to see Axl back on the road and further, seeming to have a good time. His posts on Twitter and visits to the forum indicate at least in part that he wants to be more connected to the fans, for better or worse. We know nothing will ever be conventional with him, so that comes with the territory and quite frankly is part of his persona, but what changed or what clicked that's got Axl doing the things he's doing now? It's a loaded and speculative question, but you have to admit it's very intriguing...there just wasn't this 'feel' about him in '02 or even '06 - that those shows were done more for money than pleasure. He appears to actually be enjoying these '09-'10 shows. Does he finally have some guys he's truly comfortable with, or is it something else?

I'd love for him to address this but that isn't likely, so I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Maybe he is on antidepressants or in love? Or maybe is just glad there's finally a product out to promote and sick of the larger than life Howard Hughes status that he had from 2002-2006?

It's great he's connecting more to the fans, but what does that gain anyone as long as he's not connected to the band and vice versa? They don't even use the same car/bus/van to the venues and stuff and you don't ever see them hanging out together or doing promotion together. It speaks volumes.

What is Twitter and the online chatter all about? Small talk and defiance, Slash this, nonsense that, he is always defending himself out of general principle. No insight on the music, no insight on the band, nothing. I would trade those silly Twitter updates for the dark and mysterious Axl Rose from 2002-2006 any day.

Edited by springclean

Ok, I'm still an old GNR guy and always will be, but its refreshing to see Axl back on the road and further, seeming to have a good time. His posts on Twitter and visits to the forum indicate at least in part that he wants to be more connected to the fans, for better or worse. We know nothing will ever be conventional with him, so that comes with the territory and quite frankly is part of his persona, but what changed or what clicked that's got Axl doing the things he's doing now? It's a loaded and speculative question, but you have to admit it's very intriguing...there just wasn't this 'feel' about him in '02 or even '06 - that those shows were done more for money than pleasure. He appears to actually be enjoying these '09-'10 shows. Does he finally have some guys he's truly comfortable with, or is it something else?

I'd love for him to address this but that isn't likely, so I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Maybe he is on antidepressants or in love? Or maybe is just glad there's finally a product out to promote and sick of the larger than life Howard Hughes status that he had from 2002-2006?

It's great he's connecting more to the fans, but what does that gain anyone as long as he's not connected to the band and vice versa? They don't even use the same car/bus/van to the venues and stuff and you don't ever see them hanging out together or doing promotion together. It speaks volumes.

What is Twitter and the online chatter all about? Small talk and defiance, Slash this, nonsense that, he is always defending himself out of general principle. No insight on the music, no insight on the band, nothing. I would trade those silly Twitter updates for the dark and mysterious Axl Rose from 2002-2006 any day.

But we have had band members twitter and post that they were hanging out with Axl, fans that attended post parties said they hung out with Axl and the band. He may travel separately as he has said he has GnR business to do as well as the concerts. So not sure where you're getting the 'he's not connected to the band' part.

I'm glad he's having fun, because in turn I have more fun. If things are better in his personal life, well, that's his business. He has wonderful support with Beta and her family. But I do think some of it is how well the band is getting along. He suggests that in his tweets. It must make the tour a lot more fun, and not just a job.

So much fun. Shine on, Axl!

It seems to me that he has felt pressured to do other tours whereas this one is of his choosing so he is having more fun.

I think he finally did away with something that may have been eating him alive. Releasing the album was probably a big step, but there was still a year of silence afterwards, so it was probably something else. What this was is beyond me, if there was anything at all. Maybe he's just a strange fella'.

i think that during the silence after the release, they took the time to get dj to learn all the songs they want to play live

Why do you hang out and post on a GnR website if you hate Axl, his new band and the new album.

I can't stand Limp Bizket - so I don't spend time on their forum.

Why do you visit the website of a band that you don't like. Makes no sense.

Because he's a cupcake.

Because if you want to get rid of braids, I think you need to go bald. I believe Axl was waiting for his hair to grow back to where it is now. Naturally, that takes a lot of time. Axl Rose can't tour bald.

Not true. You don´t need to go bald if you take the braids of. You lose maybe 1-2 cm of hair but no more. I had similar braids and nothing happened.

Ya' know...

I think it's cuz' it's a new decade..a new start, The only thing that is fucked up, is the Media..tbh the media has been fuckin' horrible to Axl..well most Media like Axl mentioned in a recent twitter post. See the thing is with the media is they like to twist things and make bizzare and sometimes 'complete utter bullcrap' remarks about people, and they feed from it. The trouble is unsuspecting media beleivin' people are taking on this infomation and thinking it's true which is why we end up with these haters and dissers'.

In Regards to the change in Axl appearance i think it's pretty cool, but as i mentioned earlier it's a new decade, a new start. People compare Axl to his former self back in the 80s..but what we've got to remember is this is 20 something years ago PEOPLE change ffs..only the hollywood weirdo's who have constant plastic surgery and face removals are the ones who have the problem.

Chinese Democracy was just a taster of what's to come i beleive..imma not sure, but maybe after this current tour is over a new album will be in the works or being worked on..cuz' it's about time maybe..but who knows!

I'm just enjoying these GREAT shows that Axl has been givin' us over the past few months..this is something we have all been waiting on for a long time and now it's here..things can only get better!..

But srsly fuck the media and there bullshit, they know nothin'

Bones-

I think a lot of it is that the album finally came out. We all know how relieved he was to finally get it out, and I'm sure the stress that came with it contributed a lot to the public's perception of Axl over the last 15 years. As far as a year of silence after the album came out, the man deserved a break. ;)

My speculation about why he seems happier :-

1) New band members. Buckethead could play like fuck but he was a bit of a wierdo. That shit would take its toll. Now in the band we have a university professor and a successful entrepreneur - intelligent, stable guys. Axl is a bright guy - - this is probably good for him to be around. And finally he can move on from the legacy of Slash, Izzy and Duff.

2) The pressure of CD is finally gone. He did it and the fans love it.

3) Hanging out with friends more on tour - ie taking Mr bach along for the ride. If you're going to be touring for months, you want to be able to have a bit of a laugh.

I think the lawsuits from former members kept him from speaking his mind publically before. Now he can address us directly via the forums and twitter and bypass the media which has a history of twisting his words and taking things out of context. Axl has consistently slammed the media for spreading lies and causing controversy. If he couldn't legally comment on stuff because of pending lawsuits and he couldn't rely on the media to represent him fairly, then his only option was silence. I think maybe we mistook this silence for some kind of Howard Hughes type complex but it was actually just his way of dealing with the legal issues as well as his mistrust of the media which forced him to remain in apparent seclusion.

Regardless of the why or how, I'm just happy for the killer album and some amazing performances! :) I hope to see him in Canada again ASAP!

The monkey is off his back with Chinese Democracy being released. He also know has bandmates he can trust and won't try to take over the band. I am happy that Axl is seemingly having fun of stage. He also is more interactive with the fans with twitter, which he updates everyday or two. The tour started out with a bang with Axl Rose punching a paparazzi person and then the great Taipai concert, which everyone loved.

It's col that his voice is back in top shape and the band is really tight and has fun on stage, their a rock band again. Not the 2000-2001 GN'R with the guy with the bucket and mask and the zombie looking Finck.

To um this up, Axl Rose is BACK! All the haters can fuck off!

Twitter is a good way to keep fans in the loop directly, same with the message boards. Funny thing is, most people don't expect someone like Axl to respond, because he's notorious for saying nothing to the press. But he might as well put up 10 FAQs (Fukken Annoying Questions) on the official site, Twitter, and on the message boards, and hand them out to the media.

My opinion - he doesn't need media if the media is already going to message boards and getting quotes. He's already given in-depth responses.

He's prob. happy because when he goes out and does these shows, the band members are keeping their end up. I think part of the problem with GNR's past is that he didn't spiral out of control with drugs and booze the way the other members did, but a lot seemed to set him off the more the tour went on. Problem is when he went back on the road in the 2000s, some fans seemed to wanted him to get confrontational and try to set him off. Hopefully, that won't happen anymore, but someone's going to try to incite him with a coin, a water bottle, a cup, a shoe, whatever.

Unfortunately, that's what some people are paying to see him do.

Rock mags like Rolling Stone are a dying breed, so are record companies, but master tapes and publishing are worth big bucks to anyone who owns their own stuff. Otherwise, you get KISS greatest hits volume 30.

someone told(an insider) that axl and volkova(?? dunno the name) are waiting twins! he is getting mature people.. ! :wub:

The monkey is off his back with Chinese Democracy being released. He also know has bandmates he can trust and won't try to take over the band. I am happy that Axl is seemingly having fun of stage. He also is more interactive with the fans with twitter, which he updates everyday or two. The tour started out with a bang with Axl Rose punching a paparazzi person and then the great Taipai concert, which everyone loved.

It's col that his voice is back in top shape and the band is really tight and has fun on stage, their a rock band again. Not the 2000-2001 GN'R with the guy with the bucket and mask and the zombie looking Finck.

To um this up, Axl Rose is BACK! All the haters can fuck off!

Paparazzi can get really nasty because they can score a huge payday in court and with the photos....would you put your life on the line if you were going to get a little bit beat up but get a 6 figure paycheck?

Some of these guys have hit celebs with the camera lens and pushed themselves on them, harasssed their KIDS, and when they're being interviewed, the more f-ed up they look, the more the celeb looks like an a-hole. And some people are just too drunk to know what they're doing at the time, and are having their personal space violated and someone screaming in their faces "you owe me, I'm a big fan", when odds are they're not.

Media is REALLY good at distorting the situation and capturing half the story.

What changed? Read Axls latest twit-longer message. It's all right in there. He said they enjoy playing together. :thumbsup:

Try to read between the lines on some of them but, for the most part, it's pretty much all there as far as answers go.

That was a really cool tweet imho. B)

Because if you want to get rid of braids, I think you need to go bald. I believe Axl was waiting for his hair to grow back to where it is now. Naturally, that takes a lot of time. Axl Rose can't tour bald.

Not true. You don´t need to go bald if you take the braids of. You lose maybe 1-2 cm of hair but no more. I had similar braids and nothing happened.

Ok, my bad. I thought that having braids for so long, plus unbraiding them would make the hair look bad, or unhealthy, but I haven't tried it so.

weren´t you mistaken? dreads should be cut at all and braids can be unbraided..