Guns N' Roses is profiting U$15.600.000 ONLY WITH FEE with the South American Tour!

ManetsBR

Most of that money will go towards covering the crew and other related costs. Even when GNR were at the height of their popularity in the early 90s, they found it difficult to make a profit, which is why they toured for almost three years. These shows are a lot more expensive to put on than people think..

where'd you get that info?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but how much of this will go to the actual band?

Just my toughts. Is it possible that G N' R have to do this tour to pay back the recordings of Chinese Democracy?

I've read that the 06/07 tour was to get some more money to finsh the recordings... Don't know if it's true.

Just my toughts. Is it possible that G N' R have to do this tour to pay back the recordings of Chinese Democracy?

I've read that the 06/07 tour was to get some more money to finsh the recordings... Don't know if it's true.

I think that was true. But for the album, I think Axl already paid it with the bestbuy agreement...

Most of that money will go towards covering the crew and other related costs. Even when GNR were at the height of their popularity in the early 90s, they found it difficult to make a profit, which is why they toured for almost three years. These shows are a lot more expensive to put on than people think..

where'd you get that info?

That was mentioned several times by former managers and I think it is also stated in the Slash Biography

I think that was true. But for the album, I think Axl already paid it with the bestbuy agreement...

Yeah that's what I heard as well, $14 million for the exclusive deal cleared the debt with the record company.

Concert revenue:

let's say 100,000 people for 5 concerts in Brazil

US$150 per ticket (average)

US$15,000,000

plus all the revenue obtained with sponsors at the arenas, which usually is more than the tickets...

I would actually think that they should be making MORe money than that

Concert revenue:

let's say 100,000 people for 5 concerts in Brazil

US$150 per ticket (average)

US$15,000,000

plus all the revenue obtained with sponsors at the arenas, which usually is more than the tickets...

I would actually think that they should be making MORe money than that

True. Topic name edited, thank you!

Edited by ManetsBR

As stated before, to say that they are 'profiting' is very misleading. The costs associated with putting shows like these on in this day and age are amazing.

R.

These days major touring acts get a guaranteed payday. It's not like the old days where you had to cover expenses before you started to make money. The cost of the show is figured into the equation and GNR gets a guaranteed payday regardless of whether costs are recouped, and costs don't come out of their guarantee. It's like that for all big bands

they are fuckin huge... also a lot of people dont know its not the original line up but they only go for Axl anyway.... i have several groups of friends down in Ecuador, where they say this concert is gonna be huge! and its selling fast! i believe it!!! south american fans are more appreciative and fanatic! they dont have big bands like this touring every 2-3 yrs , so they go nuts when this guys go! Go South Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Well for the 1 gig they are doing in Finland, their fee is said to be US1 000 000

Wow... and do you know which is the venue capacity? just to do my calculations

there are alot of people in this thread throwing numbers around as fact, lol. Fact is none of us know what their actual profit is.

Well for the 1 gig they are doing in Finland, their fee is said to be US1 000 000

Wow... and do you know which is the venue capacity? just to do my calculations

there are alot of people in this thread throwing numbers around as fact, lol. Fact is none of us know what their actual profit is.

Yes, you are right ...

Think about the lot of things we should know to calculate their profit: rental cost of equipment, rental cost of the venue, cost of accomodation, transport of the equipment, flights ... all these is rested to the fixed money they receive ... so, at least you are their manager it´s impossible to know...

$15M Profit on this tour VS. cost of CD

Studio Time - 1M

Chicken coop - 2.1M

Confetti's (for the studio ambiance) - 1M

Confetti clean up - 1.4M

Re-recording the drum parts - 1.5M

Bitches n' hoes - 4M

Cocaine and Red Bull - 2.3M

-------------------

1.7M left over for tapes, mixing engineers and a mic.

Studio Time - 1M

Chicken coop - 2.1M

Confetti clean up - 1.4M

Bitches n' hoes - 4M

-------------------

:rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol:

Studio Time - 1M

Chicken coop - 2.1M

Confetti clean up - 1.4M

Bitches n' hoes - 4M

-------------------

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Confetti clean up.....LMAO!!!