GNR and Boots/demos

dalsh327

Just wanted to know if they ever talked about how they (past and present members included) felt about people who have videotaped and recorded live shows - 20 years ago they might have hated it when they were playing arenas, but in 2010, seems they're all aware of shows past and present on You Tube and through the file sharing, but doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. EXCEPT when the songs haven't been finished (I think Axl made a comment to the Long Island crowd in '91 when they knew the words to Nov Rain because everyone had a bootleg of it). Or the real Chinese Democracy leak.

Now with no one paying for boots, and people posting part of the show or entire shows up, including through this forum - wonder if they're fine with fans trading amongst themselves, including old demos of songs that'll never be finished and released.

Funniest moment is Radiohead trying to go on You Tube to find Prince singing "Creep" at Coachella and You Tube couldn't show it, even though Radiohead gave consent - they're going "It's OUR fucking song! Who the hell does he think he is?"

Funniest moment is Radiohead trying to go on You Tube to find Prince singing "Creep" at Coachella and You Tube couldn't show it, even though Radiohead gave consent - they're going "It's OUR fucking song! Who the hell does he think he is?"

He thinks he is Prince. He can do what he wants.

i have no idea if they are satisfied or not about the videos on youtube, but they could put them down. On the other hand i must say that those videos are kind of promotion for free (i mean when you want any advertisement or commercials on media, you have to pay for it, in this case-videos recorded by visitors of the show, on youtube they don´t have to...au contraire i cannot know how much youtube effect gnr possible incomes for copyright etc.), especially when people haven´t decided if they should or shouldn´t go to the show (which means spend money), then also they can make new fans etc.

Edited by danmak

Now with no one paying for boots, and people posting part of the show or entire shows up, including through this forum - wonder if they're fine with fans trading amongst themselves, including old demos of songs that'll never be finished and released.

Actually there is still a healthy market for bootleg CDs and DVDs. There are plenty of vendors in Japan who cater to this hobby.....There are even stores in Japan dedicated to bootleg audio and video...............People still want something they can hold in their hands as opposed to a download and not everyone is comfortable doing downloads.......................

I'm one of those types! Know of any online stores?

• 1 month later...