New Kiss album sold 108,000 in first week

Young_Gun

- The name GN'R is bigger than KISS

- CD had a budget of 15million

- CD was maybe the biggest anticipated album of all time

- CD was 15 years in the making

And besides, really have they a knew album out? Didn't knew that...

I think you get my point...

KISS is actually one of the biggest marketing brands in the history of music ... GN'R isn't.

CD wasn't 15 years in the making even though people claim so.. people could've claimed that KISS album was 11 years in the making since it's their first one for 11 years

This.

Kiss is bigger than GNR

Kiss is bigger then new GnR for sure, Gene and Paul whore out the Kiss name to pretty much everything and they put on massive tours to millions of people over the years. GnR was bigger then kiss from 1987-1994 but after the band went MIA while Kiss stayed on course, well, Kiss surpassed Guns in brandname and such.

The Kiss brandname has always been bigger then GNR. Brandname and how many units a band sells are two different things.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KISS is actually one of the biggest marketing brands in the history of music ... GN'R isn't.

CD wasn't 15 years in the making even though people claim so.. people could've claimed that KISS album was 11 years in the making since it's their first one for 11 years

This.

Kiss is bigger than GNR

Kiss is bigger then new GnR for sure, Gene and Paul whore out the Kiss name to pretty much everything and they put on massive tours to millions of people over the years. GnR was bigger then kiss from 1987-1994 but after the band went MIA while Kiss stayed on course, well, Kiss surpassed Guns in brandname and such.

The Kiss brandname has always been bigger then GNR. Brandname and how many units a band sells are two different things.

While true, it can also be true that the bigger the brandname, the more aware the general public is of the band, equaling more sales. There can be and usually is a correlation between the two. Kiss fans are usually pretty fanatic, and the fact(fact) that it sold less than half of what Chidem did is striking, anyway you spin it.

This.

Kiss is bigger than GNR

While true, it can also be true that the bigger the brandname, the more aware the general public is of the band, equaling more sales. There can be and usually is a correlation between the two. Kiss fans are usually pretty fanatic, and the fact(fact) that it sold less than half of what Chidem did is striking, anyway you spin it.

Striking to who - you? Kiss's brand hasn't been about the music for at least 20 years. Kiss in the US is like how people collect Coca Cola memorabilia, but don't drink coke or how people go to Jimmy Buffet concerts,but don't know any of his songs.

They're like a social/cultural thing. Kiss could tour the US and sell out venues,that GNR probaly could only bring to half capacity.

Anyways, back to your original post - as to why CD is thought to be a dissappointment; Isn't there a rumor floating around that Axl himself thinks CD is disappointing?

Check the Axl partying thread - Supposedly Axl is working on another record because he feels like he has something to prove.

Edited by SunnyDRE

This.

Kiss is bigger than GNR

Striking to who you? Kiss's brand hasn't been about the music for at least 20 years. Kiss in the US is like how people collect Coca Cola memorabilia, but don't drink coke or how people go to Jimmy Buffet concerts,but don't know any of his songs.

They're like a social thing. Kiss could tour the US and sell out venues,that GNR probaly could only bring to half capacity.

Anyways, back to your original post - as to why CD is thought to be a dissappointment; Isn't there a rumor floating around that Axl himself thinks CD is disappointing?

Check the Axl partying thread - Supposedly Axl is working on another record because he feels like he has something to prove.

I was once in a room with 15 people that were all Jimmy Buffet fans, and they nearly attacking me for not knowing any of his songs. :scared:

You were once in a room with 15 Jimmy Buffett fans?! :scared:

Not by choice, trust me. They were all wearing tie dyed shirts and khaki shorts and not a single one of them was in decent shape.

Yeah,but usually they are all loaded, smoke pot, and the chicks are all definitely milflicious....

Not by choice, trust me. They were all wearing tie dyed shirts and khaki shorts and not a single one of them was in decent shape.

Yeah,but usually they are all loaded, smoke pot, and the chicks are all definitely milflicious....

See previous post. None of them were "milflicious"

Gene Simmons is an ass.

Ok Ok :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Kiss is one of the biggest bands in the world, they influenced countless bands and musicians, Kiss is a band of the same level of Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath

Sorry, but Kiss >>>> Guns :thumbsup:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Kind of the same demographic you'd expect at a alice cooper concert?

Isn't there a rumor floating around that Axl himself thinks CD is disappointing?

Heresy.

On topic : it's not easy to sell albums for artists of a certain age. The vast majority of people who buy albums are teenagers.

If a rock artist doesn't appeal to teenagers, his album sales will be poor in general.

Edited by axlfan88

Isn't there a rumor floating around that Axl himself thinks CD is disappointing?

Heresy.

On topic : it's not easy to sell albums for artists of a certain age. The vast majority of people who buy albums are teenagers.

If an artist doesn't appeal to teenagers, his album sales will be poor in general.

Another person who’s partied with Rose says he’s working on a new album after last year’s disappointing “Chinese Democracy” — the first Guns N’ Roses studio album in 15 years — and has something to prove.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/new_york_hottest_party_boy_H44lJMpys5ISi02a7jB7hM

Heresy.

If an artist doesn't appeal to teenagers, his album sales will be poor in general.

Teenagers would pirate albums not buy them

Heresy.

And the teenagers that would buy albums, don't buy Kiss albums.

Heresy.

And the teenagers that would buy albums, don't buy Kiss albums.

Or Guns n Roses, so it seems.