D.O.A.

Zint

If you are into punk,old school punk...real deal punk,then these guys are for you.

Ask any American punk band (post 1978) about their influences and these guys will be on their list.

From Black Flag to Dead Kennedys and every point in between.

I've seen interviews where everyone from Duff to Dave Grohl sing the praises of this band.

The bands that are hailed as "American Hardcore pioneers" were crashing in these guys' house when they were on the road and try to get started.

That's how far back they go.

Here's one of their videos from circa 1979 - 1980 ish

They've recorded with Jello Biafra...which should be in every respectable collection.

Here's one of the songs they recorded together.

Do yourself a favour and listen to the entire song.

Full Metal Jackoff

Band members have come and gone (and died) but Joey Shithead marches on..

They've got a new album coming out on May 1 called Talk-Action=0

They are about to head out on an European Tour.

If you happpen to be near one of their gigs,it's well worth it to go.

Here's the Dates...

D.O.A. TALK ACTION = 0 European Tour

April 28 Alte Hackerei, Karlsruhe, Germany

April 29 Grabenhalle, St. Gallen, Switzerland

April 30 Im Chaeller, Schaffhausen, Swtzerland

May 1 May Day Concert, Open Air, Zurich, Switzerland

May 2 United Club, Torino, Italy

May 3 La Skalett club, La Spezia, Italy

May 4 Gala Hala, Ljubijana, Slovenia

May 5 Arena, Vienna, Austria

May 6 White Trash, Berlin, Germany

May 7 Alte Meierei, Kiel, Germany

May 8 Denmark TBA

May 9 1000 Fryd, Aalborg, Denmark

May 10 Molotow, Hamburg, Germany

May 11 AZ, Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany

May 12 De Groote Weiver, Wormerveer, Netherlands

May 13 Gleis 22, Munster, Germany

May 14 Café Glocksee, Hannover, Germany

May 15 Kulturzentrum Kreuz, Fulda, Germany

May 16 In der Au, Frankfurt, Germany

Edited by zint61

spent a night at a house party with this band after a small gig in my small 4,000 pop. town of Almonte - I was 16 - first and last time ever to drop acid. Woke up to half naked band walking around the house...its all a blur!

spent a night at a house party with this band after a small gig in my small 4,000 pop. town of Almonte - I was 16 - first and last time ever to drop acid. Woke up to half naked band walking around the house...its all a blur!

:lol:

Been at a few parties with these guys myself...cool fuckin guys.

The drummer in the WW 3 video,Chuck Biscuits...he was drumming for Black Flag the first time I saw them in 1982.

He's an astounding drummer...gives it everything he's got.

Scariest gig I ever saw.

What's so cool about them is that they basically started that whole D.I.Y. movement. One of the great founders of hardcore punk for sure!

They certainly helped pioneer it.

Couldn't get anyone to release their music...fuck it,fuck you,fuck everyone...we'll do it ourselves.

Edited by zint61

I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll keep my TRU PUNX bands like Green Day, Rancid,New Found Glory,Offspring,AFI,etc. They'd be lucky if Dexter Holland (Punk Rock Legend) threw them a bone and signed them to his Nitro Records like he did for some other older punk bands. that he was a fan of.

And the Punk Rock Educator has spoken!

I didn't enjoy that at all. I'll keep my TRU PUNX bands like Green Day, Rancid,New Found Glory,Offspring,AFI,etc. They'd be lucky if Dexter Holland (Punk Rock Legend) threw them a bone and signed them to his Nitro Records like he did for some other older punk bands. that he was a fan of.

And the Punk Rock Educator has spoken!

:rofl-lol: You forgot the after Educator!

Hey,dude, I gave them a shot. I can respect them for their influence on some of the bands I like though. As you can tell my "punk rock" favorites aren't exactly hardcore.

Your punk rock favourites aren't exactly punk rock...but knock yourself out.

Wrong..

How so? I know these witty one liners seem to be your calling card but Green Day,musically is every bit as punk as The Ramones and Offspring are just as punk as The Descendants. If it is about attitude and crusades for societal change, well, Billie Joe does that as well.

Kindly go derail someone else's thread buddy...that seems to be your calling card.

Guest Len B'stard
How so?

Its someone elses idea and someone elses name and someone elses boots they're walking in, thats why. Its pale and boring and fraudulent and insulting. Doing the same thing as The Ramones does not make you The Ramones, try though you may. By definition punk or whatever the torch carriers of punk are called in this day and age cannot be doing what the forebearers were doing 30 years ago because it effectively defeats the purpose.

Do your own thing, simple. Remember High School? Remember how every time you or someone tried to behave in a manner that wasn't 100% you/them, you/they ended up looking like a dick? Its sorta like that.