Lets get Guns into the UK chart !!

Mfegz

im not to good at internet things i still buys my albums and singles from a shop the old fashion way!!

i think we need to get guns into the uk chart if someone could help me by posting a link of where we can download hmm lets say "chinese democracy" (the song) and then if we just try and get loads of people to download it maybe they'll have to start playing guns on the radio !!

what do you think ?

what do you think ?

Aside from concerts, Axl doesn't care about promotion. Why should anyone else?

it just does my head-in , guns are touring they're headlining leeds and reading here in the uk and no radio station will play any new stuff !

ive been texting bbc radio 1 since it was announced asking them to play chinese democracy and they wont, so i thought if we can get them into the charts then maybe they will start playing guns !!

day time radio 1 is key in uk.

i'd target Jo Whiley show try to get Street of Dreams or Catcher n the Rye played.

They aren't really going to put metal songs in high rotation. they might closer to Reading but til then it would be a ballad. Catcher for me it's basically an Oasis song.

Its a good idea but CD is a horrible choice. I still think Better is the best chance the album has as a successful single, it genuinally seems to be the most popular new song amongst the casual fan.

Rock Radio in the UK however has taken a hostile anti Axl and new GNR stance since their partner Classic Rock Magazine signed a promotion deal with Slash, quite disapointing really as the station used to have a pretty open mind and would play the new songs. Now the dj's are taking potshots at Axl and "his backing band" whenever they mention Reading/Leeds, the other week I requested Better and they played Paradise City, Slither and By The Sword back to back and the dj made a remark about how delighted he was to be ensuring Slash got royalties :rolleyes:

As for Radio 1, well they play chart music and are certainly not going to promote GNRs new album for them cause of a few requests, the band has to play the media game to get a push on those kind of channels, and that means doing all the traditional kind of promotion that other bands manage to do with ease.

It would be pretty cool if the uk fans could do something to get a new song up the charts again and force the stations to play it, but even if everyone around the boards these days downloaded Better for example, haters included, I dont think there are enough of us to even make a ripple of an impact.

But it would do wonders for the upcoming festival season and Euro tour if the band were to get a couple of singles and videos out there for the new songs, even just live footage would still make a kickass video. Its just playing into the naysayers hands by only having the old bands videos and singles as the main source of promotion for a completely different band. It would be good for the festival goers to actually have an idea of what the band looks like beforehand, rather than the music channels playing all the old Slash, Duff etc videos and singles..

At the least they could upload some official proshot live performances of some songs performed on this tour, its so fucking lame after all these years we still have to rely on cellphone recordings to watch the new band on video.

Pie in the sky though I suppose, we've all been down this road before and it just wont happen...

well ok lets go for better then , if someone could post a link to where we can download it and then paste the link on other sites and everyone do the same on their facebook/myspace pages then we'll just see what happends .

might aswell try and do something ?

Edited by Axlashba

If this was going to happen, then we would need a lot of people in sync. You would need to choose 1 week and get a facebook campaign for it (think RATM).

It probably wouldnt work though :shrugs: but it would be good to try.

Would be pretty funny if it happened when slashes album was released.

what do you think ?

Aside from concerts, Axl doesn't care about promotion. Why should anyone else?

it just does my head-in , guns are touring they're headlining leeds and reading here in the uk and no radio station will play any new stuff !

ive been texting bbc radio 1 since it was announced asking them to play chinese democracy and they wont, so i thought if we can get them into the charts then maybe they will start playing guns !!

Ya cant blame the radio stations. They play what their audience wants to hear and what gets them the most listeners. A couple of people demanding any song from CD is a waste of time because a majority of the other listeners arent interested.

In an ideal world, my picks would be Madagascar and Better released simultaneously first, as a double A-side single kinda thing. Maddy because its lyrics are quite reflective, mature and defiant, which are still relevant to Axl and GNR today as they were in 2001 when they first played it, mabye even more so. And Better because its so damn catchy, Axl sounds fantastic on it, and it really sounds like 21st century GNR, its a great pop rock song. The vocal styles on both tracks are similar, vintage Axl, and as a duo they work well.

Then for a follow up I'd choose If The World and This I Love double A-side single. ITW because its such a trip, experimental, funky and nothing like traditional GNR. I really think this has the potential to be a crossover hit. This I Love likewise has potential to be a crossover hit with a different audience, its a really beautiful song and great ballad, there is so many people outside rock circles it might appeal to, and have no idea it even exists. Again both tracks have a similar style of vocals to each other, but different to the Axl Rose of old, its a fresher sound. Both tracks work well together as a combo imo :)

I'm getting deja vu here, I'm sure we've all come up with our own masterplans to get the music some exposure over the last year to no avail lol!

Uh huh, thats kinda what I meant when I said "in an ideal world my picks would be", I was diverging from the topic since you said there were no radio freindly singles and if you do, what do you think those might be.

And in that ideal world, the band would have to push those releases, not fans emailing station etc requesting them.

Whats radio freindly off the album imo? If The World, This I Love, Better, Maddy, Catcher, Street of Dreams, IRS.

Better hardly counts as a previous release, cause even myself a big fan, blinked and missed it.