Setlists......Again

redrum

You gotta love how Nut$wingers are so open to discussion.......

Nah, you're trolling, go back to the $ta$h section.

Like I was saying....a nut$winger ordering me out of this discussion when all I did was ask a question. It's sad.

Aww.. why so sad?

Look at how open to discussion are the the nut$wingers: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=162098

Haha, you just linked a thread where YOU are instigating discussion of plagiarism. What a loser.

And YOU are instigating discussion in this thread with "Isn't that cheating?" questions. You loser.

Alright, listen up I AM SAM. I asked one question. You made several posts making statements. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DISTINCTION?

Yeah. Anyway, life goes on, Corky.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I was saying....a nut$winger ordering me out of this discussion when all I did was ask a question. It's sad.

Aww.. why so sad?

Look at how open to discussion are the the nut$wingers: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=162098

Haha, you just linked a thread where YOU are instigating discussion of plagiarism. What a loser.

Why do

es slash plaiigarize songs? he must not be a very good composer.I'm not a fan of his post-guns stuff,and he has ruined his reputation for me. :no:

Edited by GNRED

As I was saying:

I realize some of you just want to get a post in or put your 2 cents in on everything but if a thread doesn't appeal to you, don't click on it. It's so easy.

Why do we need so many assholes telling us what we can and can't discuss or what is considered bitching or discussion in this forum??

Aww.. why so sad?

Why do

es slash plaiigarize songs? he must not be a very good composer.I'm not a fan of his post-guns stuff,and he has ruined his reputation for me. :no:

The riff to CD is pretty much the same riff used in "no sleep till Brooklyn"...."smoke on the water"....and a billion other songs. Madagascar is pretty much the same chord structure as the outro to stairway.

Stop acting like an elitist know it all, when you know nothing about music. Every fucking chord progressions been written. Music isn't about inventing new chords, it's about taking old progressions and making them into something new.

Axl voice is shot hahaha good joke mate

that scream at the start of the Jungle is insane( I know it is from 2006), his voice in Rose Bar videos is far from being shot. And listen to ear mix of Nice Boys from Asia. Man sounds better than in years , his voice was shot but back in 2001-2002

You are tone deaf if you think his voice is not shot, his voice was much better back in 2002

You think this is good http://www.yousendit.com/download/bFFNN3RkdENsamRjR0E9PQ

CITR from this tour from toyko.

You cant honestly think that Axl sounds good

that scream at the start of the Jungle is insane( I know it is from 2006), his voice in Rose Bar videos is far from being shot. And listen to ear mix of Nice Boys from Asia. Man sounds better than in years , his voice was shot but back in 2001-2002

You are tone deaf if you think his voice is not shot, his voice was much better back in 2002

His voice was better in 2002? He sounded like a girl. No fucking way was his voice better then.

As far as his singing, it goes like this

1985-1989

1989-1993

2009-

2000-2002

Edited by Nintari

gnr-dave,

Check out the El Salvadorian setlist. Then talk.

K thx bye.

They played 19 songs with 6 new ones. That kind of reinforces Daves point as they were playing 5-6 new ones every night 4 years ago. What is that supposed to prove?

Yeah and 3 of those songs are CD, SOD, and madagascar three songs they were playing back in 2000-02, and the other is better which they have been playing since 2006. So 4 of the 6 so called new songs they were playing before CD even came out. Its the 2002 and 2006 set all over again with two additions. Now if they were playing 5-6 real new songs that did not include CD, SOD or madagascar then that would be a different story.

But if you have seen Gnr in 2000-2007 you have pretty much seen the same set list save a couple of songs.

I really think he has to do with his voice not being able to handle the songs. Just listen to that in ear mix from Japan, you can really hear him struggle on the new songs they stopped playing.

Even something like TIL he sounds really bad.

No, TIL sounds very good live, as does Sorry, I think they play what suits them that particular night, Axl's voice is strong. If you buy a ticket that does not give you the right to dictate a setlist for the gig, and certainly you can't

on a show you don't even attend. I think you are bitter and Jaded, and should find a band you really like. Why stay just to complain? This all stems back to your words from Beta because you were spreading lies, so it is your own fault. :no:

Axls voice is gone, its the sad truth, that is why he uses backing tracks to help out his voice. Just listen to his in ear mix, you can hear how his voice is shot. And YES fans have the right to dictate the set list.

It does not mean the band has to listen but we have every right to talk about what we like or do not like about the set list, that is why its called a discussion forum.

Why are you going to understand this simple concept. And again I am a much bigger gnr fan than you will ever be.

And I already shot down the beta bullshit, so that is getting really old. I already backed up I was right and she was full of shit.

That happened how many years ago? Its time to move on. You would not even around for the Beta incident, so you dont know what you are even talking about. Stop talking out of your ass.

And Jarmos site is a joke. Do you know how many long time die hard fans have been banned from his site? Its in the hundreds. You would fit right in over there, you all kiss Axls ass not matter what.

Gnr could play a 10 song set list and you would not have a problem with that. Learn to think for yourself and not just regurgitate what others say.

No, you are wrong about several things, Axl's voice is strong,I have been to concerts this year. Beta is not full of shit; she is a very special person and you should not say such things. There is nothing wrong with the setlist, critisise after you attend a concert, and I have been a GNR fan since I was 17, the only joke here is you pretending to be a fan while venting your misplaced frustration, go find a band you like, you sound crazy. :no:

Axls voice is only strong when the backing tracks are turned way up, that is cheating. And Beta is a glorified house keeper, nothing more and she is full of shit, its her job to spin things to make Axl look good.

I have been a gnr fan since 1987 after hearing this first single its so easy at my cuz's house.

You are a joke because you get so upset over people discussing what set list they play.

I provided you with link when he does something like over 50s WTTJ intro scream, if that is "shot voice" than be it , I am tone deaf. But any singer Slash will hire won't be able to make such scream.

Edited by eye2eye

I provided you with link when he does something like over 50s WTTJ intro scream, if that is "shot voice" than be it , I am tone deaf. But any singer Slash will hire won't be able to make such scream.

Why do you keep bringing up Slash?

Talk about cock envy.

And why not ? who are you to tell me what to do

Talk about trying to be smartass.

His voice was better in 2002? He sounded like a girl. No fucking way was his voice better then.

As far as his singing, it goes like this

1985-1989

1989-1993

2009-

2000-2002

1985-1987

1988-1990 (too raspy, no pitch)

2006-2007

1991-1992 (way too raspy, no pitch, Tokyo SCOM)

gnr-dave,

Check out the El Salvadorian setlist. Then talk.

K thx bye.

They played 19 songs with 6 new ones. That kind of reinforces Daves point as they were playing 5-6 new ones every night 4 years ago. What is that supposed to prove?

Yeah and 3 of those songs are CD, SOD, and madagascar three songs they were playing back in 2000-02, and the other is better which they have been playing since 2006. So 4 of the 6 so called new songs they were playing before CD even came out. Its the 2002 and 2006 set all over again with two additions. Now if they were playing 5-6 real new songs that did not include CD, SOD or madagascar then that would be a different story.

But if you have seen Gnr in 2000-2007 you have pretty much seen the same set list save a couple of songs.

I really think he has to do with his voice not being able to handle the songs. Just listen to that in ear mix from Japan, you can really hear him struggle on the new songs they stopped playing.

Even something like TIL he sounds really bad.

No, TIL sounds very good live, as does Sorry, I think they play what suits them that particular night, Axl's voice is strong. If you buy a ticket that does not give you the right to dictate a setlist for the gig, and certainly you can't

on a show you don't even attend. I think you are bitter and Jaded, and should find a band you really like. Why stay just to complain? This all stems back to your words from Beta because you were spreading lies, so it is your own fault. :no:

Axls voice is gone, its the sad truth, that is why he uses backing tracks to help out his voice. Just listen to his in ear mix, you can hear how his voice is shot. And YES fans have the right to dictate the set list.

It does not mean the band has to listen but we have every right to talk about what we like or do not like about the set list, that is why its called a discussion forum.

Why are you going to understand this simple concept. And again I am a much bigger gnr fan than you will ever be.

And I already shot down the beta bullshit, so that is getting really old. I already backed up I was right and she was full of shit.

That happened how many years ago? Its time to move on. You would not even around for the Beta incident, so you dont know what you are even talking about. Stop talking out of your ass.

And Jarmos site is a joke. Do you know how many long time die hard fans have been banned from his site? Its in the hundreds. You would fit right in over there, you all kiss Axls ass not matter what.

Gnr could play a 10 song set list and you would not have a problem with that. Learn to think for yourself and not just regurgitate what others say.

No, you are wrong about several things, Axl's voice is strong,I have been to concerts this year. Beta is not full of shit; she is a very special person and you should not say such things. There is nothing wrong with the setlist, critisise after you attend a concert, and I have been a GNR fan since I was 17, the only joke here is you pretending to be a fan while venting your misplaced frustration, go find a band you like, you sound crazy. :no:

Axls voice is only strong when the backing tracks are turned way up, that is cheating. And Beta is a glorified house keeper, nothing more and she is full of shit, its her job to spin things to make Axl look good.

I have been a gnr fan since 1987 after hearing this first single its so easy at my cuz's house.

You are a joke because you get so upset over people discussing what set list they play.

Just answer this please:

To how many shows have you been in this tour?

I have been to 2 shows and I though Axl's voice was his best in a long time, better than in '93.

That's the only thing I'm asking. Please answer. Thanks.

Just answer this please:

I have been to 2 shows and I though Axl's voice was his best in a long time, better than in '93.

None. He's too busy watching $ta$h videos on youtube LOLLOLOLLO

Just answer this please:

Yeah, that's what I thought, he probably thinks that Myles Kennedy is the next Frank Sinatra.

Just answer this please:

Yeah, that's what I thought, he probably thinks that Myles Kennedy is the next Frank Sinatra.

and that the starlight solo is the next November Rain LOLOLO

There is nothing wrong with the setlist, critisise after you attend a concert

Obviously the people who criticize the setlists are the ones who go to the most concerts. That's why they'd like to see some surprises.

No, is not true the ones who complain the most do not go to many if any concerts and they judge from Utube videos, If they would actually go to a concert they would not be disappointed and find fault

That's bullshit. The people who go to the most shows are the ones who want to see the setlists change. The people who only go to one show don't complain because they don't see enough shows to care.

There is nothing wrong with the setlist, critisise after you attend a concert

Obviously the people who criticize the setlists are the ones who go to the most concerts. That's why they'd like to see some surprises.

No, is not true the ones who complain the most do not go to many if any concerts and they judge from Utube videos, If they would actually go to a concert they would not be disappointed and find fault

That's bullshit. The people who go to the most shows are the ones who want to see the setlists change. The people who only go to one show don't complain because they don't see enough shows to care.

So to how many shows have you gone?

I give my endorsment to bacardi and rocketking.

Me Too- Dave is not bipolar he is still butthurt from Beta calling him on his B.S.

He has been negative since then,that is when the hatred started. :no:

if they are playing 5 or 6 songs of CD a night, that is more than the majority of bands do.

I'd think most people who spend time on a Guns N Roses fan board would be happy enough simply to see the band?!

And don't bother trying to argue with the "its not guns n roses" crowd. Completely pointless and we are better off ignoring that type of mindless debate. Most people who frequent a GnR board in the year 2010 do support this band. Don't let the loud minority of cupcakes who frequent this board tell you otherwise.

The its not guns n roses crowd is the majority, the majority just does not post on message boards. You are the loud minority who thinks this band is still guns n roses.

If you really don't think that then you are delusional.

And the set list problem would be easy to fix. Here is an example. You have all the classic hits, plus you can rotate other old songs, and you play a good number of CD songs.

You dont find it odd Axl worked on this album for 10 years old to not play a good number of them at each show?

Chin Dem

WTTJ

Its’ so easy

Better

Browntone

Sorry

Lald

If the world

Rotate an old song

TWAT or Prostitute

KOHD

Rotate an old song

Shacklers or scrapped

SCOM

Patience

IRS/ Riyadh

Nov Rain

Nightrain

Encore

Rotate an old song

Madagscar or TIL

PC

I want all of you who say that "since we are not at the shows the setlist doesn't effect us" to think about it this way:

Imagine that after this tour is over they want to release a DVD or CD of the tour. The DVD would probably be a random show from the tour and the CD would probably be a compilation, right? So lets play the game and pretend they pick one of these past shows as the "Chinese Democracy LIVE in ?????" DVD release and when you go to the store to buy it what is on it? Mostly classic cuts and maybe 4 songs taken out for editing purposes and which ones will be taken out? Not WTTJ they play that every night, it's a hit, and it sounds good - it will be the new songs that haven't been played/sang as often or weren't hits. So you wind up with the Greates Hits Live DVD, not the CD live DVD.

Now what about the "Chinese Democracy World Tour Live" CD? They would pick the best versions of everything so when they want to add "There Was A Time" or "Prostitute" to it, they can't because they may have onl;y recorded 3 versions of each. One may have had drum problems, Axl may have sang the wrong line in another, maybe something is out of tune in another. So what happens? Those songs get the axe and you wind up with a live album that you pretty much already have. I mean if (according to Slash) they couldn't come up with a decent version of "Civil War" to put on Live Era after performing it every night for 2 and a half years....how would they ever find a great version of TWAT?

Just another POV.

I also want to pose a question to all of you: Isn't the CHINESE DEMOCRACY album what all the drama, decade wait, and lineup changes were for? Isn't this what Axl believed in so much that he was willing to sacrifice the old band, the new band, and the reputation of the whole GNR name for? I am under that impression and I believe since that is the case Axl should be playing it, regardless of the reaction/backlash to the album. I don't understand admitting the defeat of an album that you are on tour to promote before giving the album a fair shake.

He should be playing the hell out of those songs, and not only that, introducing them ALL by name and telling the crowd where they can fucking buy them!!!

He should be playing the hell out of those songs, and not only that, introducing them ALL by name and telling the crowd where they can fucking buy them!!!

Yes, at least some people GET IT. Axl broke up guns n roses to make CD, he also broke up GNR 2.0 while making this album, and now that he is on the real CD tour to support the album, he is back to hardly playing any CD songs again, and the main ones he is playing are ten years old. Axl must not think the CD songs stand up to the old stuff, that is why he is not playing them much anymore.

So if he ever gets another album out, what he is going to do drop CD songs and play the next album songs instead of dropping AFD songs instead?

I wonder that myself. I don't know what's wrong with a hits + new album approach.

Jungle, Sweet Child, Paradise City, Patience, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Knockin' On Heaven's Door (though I could do without it), and Live And Let Die. He could even exchange those 2 covers for Nightrain or It's So Easy + 10 songs off the new album. Just because it is the standard to only play 4 songs off your new album on tour doesn't mean that is how it HAS to be done. The most dangerous band in the world sure is playing it safe these days!