Unpopular Opinions

Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. Chinese Democracy is one of the best rock album of the 2000's.

10. Nirvana could have had some good songs had they had a more interesting structure, good lyrics (their lyrics seem to have been written by a teenager), and good guitar solos. Sadly they have none of this and ultimately, this band is shit and Kurt Cobain was a fucking idiot who thought his fans didn't get his songs. Somehow I think he was right on that point, his songs made no sense but to him (i guess?), people singing along to "rape me" are fucking idiots.

16. Iron Maiden is overrated.

19. Bono is a good guy.

Those are the only ones I agree with. Because you suck.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the four spineless cockroaches (aka the beatles) should have been crushed

now it's too late, the damage is done

I Dont like the beatles, but they didnt start Rock n Roll, that would be the "King" elvis!

On Topic.

Kurt cobain wasnt that good... it pisses me off that people look up to him like a god, he wasnt anything specail.

Guest Nasty Nate

Wild Horses made me teary eyed when I heard it under the influence of pot, so I know rank it my favorite song of all time. I don't know if that's considered unpopular, but so fucking what?

post grunge>grunge

I find it really hard to believe someone actually thinks this.

I agree. Post Grunge is probably my least form of rock music there is.

I disagree.

I think you'll find more people actually enjoy bands like, our lady peace,bush, creed, third eye blind, stone temple pilots etc. over mudhoney, alice chains, and even pearl jam.

I wouldn't say STP were post-grunge, they became big when grunge went mainstream, not after.

That's what I thought

Anyone that suggests that today's rock scene is boring is, quite frankly, an idiot. It's the most exciting it's been for at least 10 years.

Yeah right, the rock scene now is the most exciting in 10 years, Oasis is no longer ( :rofl-lol: ) , NIN is over, Muse became boring live, U2 is the biggest band in the world :thumbsup::rofl-lol: I could go on, but sure, it's better than 10 years ago :thumbsup:

Anyone that suggests that today's rock scene is boring is, quite frankly, an idiot. It's the most exciting it's been for at least 10 years.

Yeah right, the rock scene now is the most exciting in 10 years, Oasis is no longer ( :rofl-lol: ) , NIN is over, Muse became boring live, U2 is the biggest band in the world :thumbsup::rofl-lol: I could go on, but sure, it's better than 10 years ago :thumbsup:

Are you taking the piss? Surely you've noticed... I don't know.. Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, The Cribs, Biffy Clyro, The Libertines, The Courteeners, The White Stripes, The Hold Steady, The Gaslight Anthem, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Paul Weller, Wolfmother, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Zico Chain, Babyshambles, Glasvegas, Modest Mouse, The Moons, The Coral, Dinosaur Jr, Drive-By Truckers, The Enemy, Gallows, Twisted Wheel, Primal Scream, Noel Gallagher, The Raconteurs, The Strokes, Ryan Adams, Them Crooked Vultures, The View. And that's just listing a few rockish bands, never mind other ones.

U2 are a good band, Oasis may be split up but we'll get solo albums and Muse are still as poor in the studio and class live as ever.

Guest Nasty Nate

Nine Inch Nails was terrible, U2 is good, and Oasis was good too.

Cool story bro.

Animals is the best Pink Floyd album.

U2 peaked in the early 90's.

Pitchfork is a great site for discovering new music.

John Cale had a better solo career than Lou Reed.

Sgt. Peppers is the 5th best Beatles album.

Lady GaGa will never top "Bad Romance".

Bob Dylan is a tremendous vocalist.

Are you taking the piss? Surely you've noticed... I don't know.. Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys, The Cribs, Biffy Clyro, The Libertines, The Courteeners, The White Stripes, The Hold Steady, The Gaslight Anthem, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Paul Weller, Wolfmother, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Zico Chain, Babyshambles, Glasvegas, Modest Mouse, The Moons, The Coral, Dinosaur Jr, Drive-By Truckers, The Enemy, Gallows, Twisted Wheel, Primal Scream, Noel Gallagher, The Raconteurs, The Strokes, Ryan Adams, Them Crooked Vultures, The View. And that's just listing a few rockish bands, never mind other ones.

U2 are a good band, Oasis may be split up but we'll get solo albums and Muse are still as poor in the studio and class live as ever.

It's funny I don't see Archive in your list. Archive. You know that band? They're fucking great. And what about the Leisure society man? Sadly they're not very big except in europe where they're quite famous. This is the kind of band that is great but not famous enough, see I'd love them to be as big as a steal called Kings of Leon.

As for most of your list, these are typically the kind of poor rock n' roll I despise: Artic Monkeys are totally overrated. Totally. They don't have a single great song. This band is shit.

Kasbian is very poor musically (seen them live and sadly will have to see them live again soon as they are supporting Muse -yeah I hate what they've become but I'm still a fan-).

Biffy Clyro... I don't know how they got famous, they suck so bad man...I've seen them live twice (they were supporting Muse both times), I really don't get people's tastes, what is the fuss about man, there is absolutely NOTHING about this band, they don't communicate with the audience, absolutely nothing happens with them live, their melodies have been seen a thousand times before, I fell asleep during their performance.

The Libertines had something but to be honest their albums get boring pretty fast

The White Stripes / The Raconteurs Now you're talking to me, Jack White while composing basic melodies really got catchy stuff, BUT as for the live act, they get boring after half an hour. There's a lack of variety in their music, and while they're bands I like (saw the white stripes three times and The raconteurs once), I'd take Alice Cooper or Aerosmith from the 70's/80's any day. The White Stripes is soft rock, it's like rock lost something in the 2000's.

Them Crooked Vulture is a failure. Basically it's Queens of the stone age but less good (I like QOTS, they are very good live), it's about putting famous musician together, but ultimately what happens is basic music, heard a 1000 times before, just like what happened with Slash solo album. I mean, putting famous people together ain't gonna make it instantly awesome. Them Crooked Vulture is the proof of that, people who like this band are young people who have no clue what great rock is about, who are very easy to convince that something is great when it's not just because famous talented people are in it. I really say a big fuck to that.

As for the rest of your list, I'm not going to comment one by one, but they're either overrated, shit, or just hype for the moment but will vanish pretty soon. The 70's, the 80's, the 90's , now these were eras where there were atomic bands at their peak like Queen, Pink Floyd, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, Oasis , that was something else than all of the little bands you're listing, the last great rock n' roll band (as of now anyway) was Muse and they stopped being awesome (except in studio where they still kick ass), so yeah to me the late 2000's is pretty boring.

Hopefully I'll still get to see legendary bands this year (Aerosmith and Guns N' Roses) but I can't deny that I would have prefered to see them live 20 years ago.

By the way if you think I don't try to discover new bands, I do, I go see small small bands every week, but what I see mind a few exceptions is depressing.

Yeah 20 years ago was just before Achtung Baby came out and that sold more than 10 million copies in the US.

More than both UYI's.

It depends, though. I mean, if you look at the first week sales of these albums, I would guess that Use Your Illusion was higher. And I'd also guess that it went platinum faster. It's probably that Achtung Baby had higher "staying power".

Edited by LightningBolt

Yeah 20 years ago was just before Achtung Baby came out and that sold more than 10 million copies in the US.

More than both UYI's.

It depends, though. I mean, if you look at the first week sales of these albums, I would guess that Use Your Illusion was higher. And I'd also guess that it went platinum faster. It's probably that Achtung Baby had higher "staying power".

True.

"It sold 295,000 copies in the US in its first week, and on 21 January 1992, the RIAA certified it as platinum."

Whereas UYI1 sold 685,000 first week and UYI2 sold 770,000.

But according to Nielsen Soundscan both the Illusions have sold less than 6 million since their release. (Figures were taken in March 2010)

More than both UYI's.

True.

"It sold 295,000 copies in the US in its first week, and on 21 January 1992, the RIAA certified it as platinum."

But according to Nielsen Soundscan both the Illusions have sold less than 6 million since their release. (Figures were taken in March 2010)

Shouldn't we take the worldwide sales as comparison if we're talking about the biggest band in the world?

On topic:

Let's Dance was one of Bowies best albums. :rofl-lol:

More than both UYI's.

True.

Shouldn't we take the worldwide sales as comparison if we're talking about the biggest band in the world?

On topic:

Let's Dance was one of Bowies best albums. :rofl-lol:

Okay then.

Worldwide Achtung Baby has sold about 29 Million.

Both Illusions have sold approx 18 Million each worldwide.

However figures are nowhere near accurate. I mean some figures for UYI's have them both selling 28 million worldwide each, both combined 28 million and variations of those numbers. There is no consistent figures though.