Started working on Buckethead's chromatic tapping techniques

Dude, great work! I thought it was Bucket at first. Really good playing.

Are you using an amp or modeler? How is the LP axcess? I've just got the Buckethead signature LP and it's a tone monster.

edit: subscribed. :thumbsup:

Edited by ashysdad

The Les Paul Axcess is my first Les Paul so I don't have much to compare it to but what I like about it is that it's very playable.

It's very light compared to other Custom Shop Les Pauls, the carved neck joint is pretty handy, neck and body are very thin.

Sure it might not be a real Les Paul for a purist, but it's the perfect transition if you are used to playing Fender or Ibanez guitars like I was.

The Floyd Rose : I'm not much of a Floyd user but at least it's there when I need it to, plus I can get some nice Bisby like effects with it.

The coil tap is great for getting nice clean sounds.

I'm not sure that it's worth the insane price but it's a nice guitar !

Oh and I'm using a modeler : TonePort UX2.

I'd like to buy a Vetta 2 amp or tube amp this summer though...We'll see.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

The Les Paul Axcess is my first Les Paul so I don't have much to compare it to but what I like about it is that it's very playable.

It's very light compared to other Custom Shop Les Pauls, the carved neck joint is pretty handy, neck and body are very thin.

Sure it might not be a real Les Paul for a purist, but it's the perfect transition if you are used to playing Fender or Ibanez guitars like I was.

The Floyd Rose : I'm not much of a Floyd user but at least it's there when I need it to, plus I can get some nice Bisby like effects with it.

The coil tap is great for getting nice clean sounds.

I'm not sure that it's worth the insane price but it's a nice guitar !

Oh and I'm using a modeler : TonePort UX2.

I'd like to buy a Vetta 2 amp or tube amp this summer though...We'll see.

good stuff dude added u as a friend and subscribed ;)

That was fuckin awesome man, you in a band? I'd like to hear more!

Thanks ! Really appreciate that !

And no, I'm not in a band. Haven't been in a band for the last four years. My last band was a Mr Bungle - ish one.

We had a DJ, a percussionist who also played flute + drums, bass, singer... Fun times.

I'd like to be in a band but honnestly I'd prefer to have them play my own music. It's not that I think that it's really good or anything but writing with other band members is really time consuming and can be a real pain in the ass when you don't like the same music. Fighting over the orientation that your band should take, trying to convince the others to give your last idea a try etc...That's bullshit to me but I can't help it. I guess I'm a control freak, just like Axl :xmasssanta:

Anyway, here are my last demos, which include two hip hop tracks aswell : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnbEV-RRsH8

Hope you like it !

Sounds fluid yet still agressive, well done.

Mistake that most guitarists make is, when they get better, keep getting a cleaner tone with a focus on accurate picking style which makes them sound robotic and dull, losing the edge. .

The guitar melody on the last link you posted sounds sick (the first song), perfect tone for it too. Try in steps harmonizing that in layers before a solo (not just octaves, like 4-5 guitars, panning it, from clean to overdriven, like a web), will sound like it's blossoming and exploding.

Keep it up.