Helsinki, Finland; June 5th

LEARNING PROCESS

01 - Intro

02 - Chinese Democracy

03 - Welcome To The Jungle

04 - It's So Easy

05 - Mr. Brownstone

06 - Sorry

07 - Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

08 - Live And Let Die

09 - Jam

10 - This I love

11 - Rocket Queen

12 - Jam

13 - Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

14 - Street Of Dreams

15 - You Could Be Mine

16 - DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

During the Richard Fortus Solo:

fortussolo.jpg

That's the crowd close to the stage!? Looks like they are going to fall asleep.

And I thought the finish hard rock fans were the most fanatic of all!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always weird seeing Axl on stage before dark.

I think a concert it's better when it's at night....

I think Axl and the band had to go out because of a contract agreement...

In my country we waited until midnight and people was insane, screaming like hell!

This Helsinki crowd was to calm for my taste... :shrugs:

It's always weird seeing Axl on stage before dark.

I think a concert it's better when it's at night....

I think Axl and the band had to go out because of a contract agreement...

In my country we waited until midnight and people was insane, screaming like hell!

This Helsinki crowd was to calm for my taste... :shrugs:

There's no point in waiting when it gets dark during white nights. Sunsets just blend with sunrises.

Okey just came back to home from the show. I went to Helsinki by train from the city I live (Turku) and got back with buss. I'm going to write a small review and journeystory:

Okey we planned with my friend allready in february that we are going to go to this consert, eventhought we had graduations on the same day. So I basicly left to Helsinki right after I was graduated(is that a correct word). Well we were going to leave with 5pm train to Helsinki and we were suppose to be there on time to se atleast half of the Skunk Anansie and whole Guns N' Roses show. Well when we had just sitted on the train I noticed that I forgot my festivalticket home. So we had to go and take the ticket from my home with my friend. We changed our train tickets and left with 6pm train. By the time we were on the festival area place was pretty full. We managed to get to pretty close the stage by elpowtactics.. :D

Well the band(Axl) was 45min late. And I found my self with the spot in the crowd where everyone hated new-guns. There was this particular guy who looked like Hell's angels-member with he's girlfriend. He tried to get me to insult Axl and the band with him and he was pretty aggressive. Well now I go to the show:

1. Intro: People were excited and yelled greatly

2. Chinese democracy: It was pretty cool when it started eventhought the weather was little bit too sunny maybe for the lightning and the pyros. Me and my friend were pretty good mood and loved the perfomance. But maybe 95% of the crowd didn't even know the song and were pretty lame. But it was good perfomance, but sound was maybe little bit messy and I couldnt hear Axl much.

3. Welcome to the jungle: When he yelled "do you know where you are?!?" people got crazy. Everyone seemed to love the perfomance and Axl sounded great, but still they had some sound problems. Kind of felt like the song got ruined someway.

4. It so easy: Crowd knew the song and they loved it. Still small sound problems, but quite good perfomance anyway from the band

5. Mr. Brownstone: I loved the drumms. I don't remember much of the song

6. Sorry: I kind of forget that they were going to play this song (as they played the same setlist as in Norway) and I loved it! It was amazing live and even other people who didn't regognize the song seemed to like it. /,,/

7. Richard solo(James Bond theme): Crowd seemed to like the solo and much of people were clapping their hand whole the time

8. Live and let die: Axl didn't sound that good in this song, or maybe it was just me. Well crowd loved it.

9. Jam: Don't remember anything. I started to yell "THERE WAS A TIME, THERE WAS A TIME!" on this point, but nobody yelled with me :(

10.This I love: It was one of the highlights of the night. It was amazing live and crowd seemed to like it. I heard one guy say something like: "maybe I should give Chinese democracy a second try.:"

11. Rocket Queen: Sounded amazing live and crowd loved it!

12. Jam: Don't remember, but i probably tried to yell Twat

13. Dizzy solo: It was nice, but since I have heard it so many times (bootlegs) it was pretty boring..

14. Street of dreams: This sounded amazing live eventhought he singed with rasp voice, which I used to consider rape of the good song [RIR3, Boston 02]

15. You could be mine: Crowd loved it. Im to bored to this song to say anything much. But nice perfomance..

16. DJ-solo: I think this was the best solo spot and crowd seemed to like it

17. Sweet child o' mine: Now.. THIS FUCKING ROCKED LIKE HELL!!!!! It sounded AMAZING live. I heard it on '06, but Axl sounded nowhere as good on this song as now. He's voice was perfect! Crowd loved it and everyone started talking how good he sounded. Funny since in bootlegs this song usually sounds worst imo. Highlight of the night for me.

18. Jam(Another prick..): It was nice, but stupid finnish people didn't seem to notice that they were jamming Pink Floyd. Only few seemed to sing along.

19. Axl solo: I have to admit that I didn't listen to it since I was still amazed by SCOM.

20. November rain: It was good as always, but Axl seemed to spare to much he's rasp voice. Outro was pretty intense!

21. Bumblefoot solo: I tried to shout for Don't cry, but once again nobody shouted with me.. :( Gayassfinnishpeople.. It was funny solo spot.

22. Jam: ??? Don't remember I maybe was busy shouting for Don't cry

23. Knocking' on heaven's door: I understood that show is soon over and I didn't enjoy this song much (I've never liked it) Axl sounded good thought.

24. Nightrain: It was gooooood! But I went sad since I knew show was going to end soon :( DJ was wiiiiiiiild. He runned around the stagewall and shaked peoples hands and something. :D

*During encore some gayasshell'sangels looking mofo said to me: "THIS WAS WORST GICK I'VE EVER BEEN; AXL SHOULD RETIRE.." what a motherfucker!!!! I saw he's face during the show. he was enjoying it. I know he was.. Well haters gonna' hate..*

25. Madagascar: It was goooood, but I hate the fact that backing vocals come from the tape. People might think he's using playback in every songs..

26. Better: Only new song people seemed to regonize. Many people were singing along. It was nice perfomance! Great guitar solo.

27. Paradise city: I got sad when it started :( But nice perfomance, Axl seemed to mess up in the beginning or something. Great show ender like allways

After the show Axl and the band came to say good night one more time and Pitman had race-car helmet (Kimi's?)

Overall: Great show, but I'm bored on the setlist :( I enjoyed 2006-show more, eventhought this one had better songs and Axl's voice was better. '06 it was still fresh for me. I just wish they add something to the setlist. I was wishing for TWAT, Don't Cry or Aint it fun w/ Mike Monroe. None happend. No suprises on the show, but good as allways. By the way Axl was doing some funny stuff with his tummy. He pushed it out so that he looked much fatter and walked funny. People were laughing and DJ LOLLED.

Edit: Lol offtopic, but I just noticed that I haven't slept in 24 hours. Maybe I should go to sleep now!

Edited by makketue

Okey just came back to home from the show. I went to Helsinki by train from the city I live (Turku) and got back with buss. I'm going to write a small review and journeystory:

Okey we planned with my friend allready in february that we are going to go to this consert, eventhought we had graduations on the same day. So I basicly left to Helsinki right after I was graduated(is that a correct word). Well we were going to leave with 5pm train to Helsinki and we were suppose to be there on time to se atleast half of the Skunk Anansie and whole Guns N' Roses show. Well when we had just sitted on the train I noticed that I forgot my festivalticket home. So we had to go and take the ticket from my home with my friend. We changed our train tickets and left with 6pm train. By the time we were on the festival area place was pretty full. We managed to get to pretty close the stage by elpowtactics.. :D

Well the band(Axl) was 45min late. And I found my self with the spot in the crowd where everyone hated new-guns. There was this particular guy who looked like Hell's angels-member with he's girlfriend. He tried to get me to insult Axl and the band with him and he was pretty aggressive. Well now I go to the show:

1. Intro: People were excited and yelled greatly

2. Chinese democracy: It was pretty cool when it started eventhought the weather was little bit too sunny maybe for the lightning and the pyros. Me and my friend were pretty good mood and loved the perfomance. But maybe 95% of the crowd didn't even know the song and were pretty lame. But it was good perfomance, but sound was maybe little bit messy and I couldnt hear Axl much.

3. Welcome to the jungle: When he yelled "do you know where you are?!?" people got crazy. Everyone seemed to love the perfomance and Axl sounded great, but still they had some sound problems. Kind of felt like the song got ruined someway.

4. It so easy: Crowd knew the song and they loved it. Still small sound problems, but quite good perfomance anyway from the band

5. Mr. Brownstone: I loved the drumms. I don't remember much of the song

6. Sorry: I kind of forget that they were going to play this song (as they played the same setlist as in Norway) and I loved it! It was amazing live and even other people who didn't regognize the song seemed to like it. /,,/

7. Richard solo(James Bond theme): Crowd seemed to like the solo and much of people were clapping their hand whole the time

8. Live and let die: Axl didn't sound that good in this song, or maybe it was just me. Well crowd loved it.

9. Jam: Don't remember anything. I started to yell "THERE WAS A TIME, THERE WAS A TIME!" on this point, but nobody yelled with me :(

10.This I love: It was one of the highlights of the night. It was amazing live and crowd seemed to like it. I heard one guy say something like: "maybe I should give Chinese democracy a second try.:"

11. Rocket Queen: Sounded amazing live and crowd loved it!

12. Jam: Don't remember, but i probably tried to yell Twat

13. Dizzy solo: It was nice, but since I have heard it so many times (bootlegs) it was pretty boring..

14. Street of dreams: This sounded amazing live eventhought he singed with rasp voice, which I used to consider rape of the good song [RIR3, Boston 02]

15. You could be mine: Crowd loved it. Im to bored to this song to say anything much. But nice perfomance..

16. DJ-solo: I think this was the best solo spot and crowd seemed to like it

17. Sweet child o' mine: Now.. THIS FUCKING ROCKED LIKE HELL!!!!! It sounded AMAZING live. I heard it on '06, but Axl sounded nowhere as good on this song as now. He's voice was perfect! Crowd loved it and everyone started talking how good he sounded. Funny since in bootlegs this song usually sounds worst imo. Highlight of the night for me.

18. Jam(Another prick..): It was nice, but stupid finnish people didn't seem to notice that they were jamming Pink Floyd. Only few seemed to sing along.

19. Axl solo: I have to admit that I didn't listen to it since I was still amazed by SCOM.

20. November rain: It was good as always, but Axl seemed to spare to much he's rasp voice. Outro was pretty intense!

21. Bumblefoot solo: I tried to shout for Don't cry, but once again nobody shouted with me.. :( Gayassfinnishpeople.. It was funny solo spot.

22. Jam: ??? Don't remember I maybe was busy shouting for Don't cry

23. Knocking' on heaven's door: I understood that show is soon over and I didn't enjoy this song much (I've never liked it) Axl sounded good thought.

24. Nightrain: It was gooooood! But I went sad since I knew show was going to end soon :( DJ was wiiiiiiiild. He runned around the stagewall and shaked peoples hands and something. :D

*During encore some gayasshell'sangels looking mofo said to me: "THIS WAS WORST GICK I'VE EVER BEEN; AXL SHOULD RETIRE.." what a motherfucker!!!! I saw he's face during the show. he was enjoying it. I know he was.. Well haters gonna' hate..*

25. Madagascar: It was goooood, but I hate the fact that backing vocals come from the tape. People might think he's using playback in every songs..

26. Better: Only new song people seemed to regonize. Many people were singing along. It was nice perfomance! Great guitar solo.

27. Paradise city: I got sad when it started :( But nice perfomance, Axl seemed to mess up in the beginning or something. Great show ender like allways

After the show Axl and the band came to say good night one more time and Pitman had race-car helmet (Kimi's?)

Overall: Great show, but I'm bored on the setlist :( I enjoyed 2006-show more, eventhought this one had better songs and Axl's voice was better. '06 it was still fresh for me. I just wish they add something to the setlist. I was wishing for TWAT, Don't Cry or Aint it fun w/ Mike Monroe. None happend. No suprises on the show, but good as allways. By the way Axl was doing some funny stuff with his tummy. He pushed it out so that he looked much fatter and walked funny. People were laughing and DJ LOLLED.

Edit: Lol offtopic, but I just noticed that I haven't slept in 24 hours. Maybe I should go to sleep now!

Thanks for the review, sounds like a killer show! And for the haters at the show, screw them!

Oh man, what a gig !!!

1st row, sunny day, great gig...what else you can ask for

Well, also met BBF at meet&greet, shook hand with Beta , saw /Jarmo , Del, George Chin etc.

Monroe was around when Guns were about to start, so maybe they just didn´t have any suitable song (or time) for him yesterday. Monroe´s new band is very good, gonna see them again next month rock2 : MM-band is a little one-dimensional for bigger audiences but who cares about that :tongue2:

Guns then...oh man, now i can die as a happy man

Seeing them VERY close for a first time and really hearing Axl scream&sing when he is just few meters away...oh lord, that is something else :thumbsup:

This i love was soooo beautiful that i almost cryed :cry: , Sorry was so fucking great that i can´t even describe.

Tommy was very drunk (i´m just guessing) :lol: but gotta love that man. A Legend.

Fortus, BBF and DJ played like angels and made MANY visits to "Axl´s spot", so a lot of fotos of them B)

Didn´t really see a lot of Dizzy, Frank or Chris from my position, even when it was indeed 1st row (cause "Axl´s spot" was so high and just ahead of my spot), but ofcourse got finally see them after PC (final bow).

It was clear that when you are 1st row you will miss Axl´s whistle and microphone, but other than that it was a once in a lifetime experience for me, don´t think i will never again see them so close.

That´s it, my GN`R-gig, sorry about my shitty english :violin:

Edited by makkonen

It was an awesome gig! Simply brilliant..! GNR @ its finest and I was glad that they played 6 songs from CD, especially Sorry and TIL.

Axl didn't really speak at all, except to thank us which he did about 20x. He also bowed to the crowd several times after songs. In all Axl and the whole band were on a great mood and they were joking/acting playfully on the stage. A funny "joke" Axl pulled was when he changed a shirt and came back onstage with his belly pushed forward so he looked pregnant hihi

On a side note, Skunk Anansie was an awesome warm-up and they really amazed me! Skin was running around the crowd and at one point, I was a meter next to the place, she was standing on top of the crowd! People holding her up like some cheerleader or something.

Only complaint I might have is about these 2 idiots that were next to me, they were totally hammered and drinking vodka in the crowd and wrestling with each other. I was about crack the other douchebags skull open at one point.. but well it's a rock concert. :violin:

Great show, as expected. Though it seemed perhaps too "professional" for Gn'R :D No ranting, no speeches of any kind etc. It was great to see Axl on such good mood, even jokingly walking around with his belly pushed upfront :rofl-lol: I was almost at the front, but kept my distance because the stage was so high, that people at the front on Axl's spot couldn't see shit :)

Oh, and my friend took over 600 pictures of the show :D I guess I'll rack up the best of them and post them here later!