The General

rocker rockstar

the bands on tour so the bands alive i think theres more records to come, its killing me where we heard the general from? that 16 sec clip just sounded like a standard rocker to me not some grand standing monster like twat or estranged.

as far as best songs being on chinese isnt axl suing azoff cause he insisted on songs that would be unsuccessful to undermime its success and prompt a reunion?

I disagree. I don't think the low grinding beat is nearly as pronounced as it would need to be for ME to define it as "fucking mean."

And I didn't think Axl's vocals were really clean....remember, this is the song with the infamous "don'twantodoeet" line.

I think Sorry is just an OK song....but I imagined something really different in my head from Baz's description.

Obviously we don't agree on this. Let's not start a flame war or anything....just different opinions OK?

"CLEAN' would probably be in regards to the recording, certainly not in regards to his pronunciation and/or delivery of words.

Not being a dick here, but if "the general" is so badass.........why was is not on Chinese Democracy. You would think that if someone has worked on an album for sooooo long, they would put the best stuff they had on the album.

One would think that, but if history has shown us anything it's that common sense is something that appears to be very much in short supply when it comes to Axl and those that run/guide GNR.

axl has clearly stated he sees this as a double album. CD is part I.

did they put all the good songs on UYI I and then the filler on UYI II ??

no.

Guest Apollo

Is The General the "big gun" that is going to change the world of music forever and make everybody say "It's obious that Axl doesn't need Slash anymore"?

Its weird that guys like you cannot get over the past, and turn every topic into a slash-vs-axl competition. Axl put out an album and is touring the world. Slash just put out a solo album and is touring. Thank God the two men involved aren't obsessed with the past and they have moved on with their lives and careers. Weird that 'fans' can't do the same thing.

Its weird that guys like you cannot get over the past, and turn every topic into a slash-vs-axl competition. Axl put out an album and is touring the world. Slash just put out a solo album and is touring. Thank God the two men involved aren't obsessed with the past and they have moved on with their lives and careers. Weird that 'fans' can't do the same thing.

Hmmm ... what makes you think Axl and Slash are over it?

Guest Apollo

Hmmm ... what makes you think Axl and Slash are over it?

There is a difference between disliking a person, and being obsessed with their every move.

And even if they both weren't "over it"......they are the two people specifically involved. But for a "fan" to be obsessed with it it is just fucking pathetic. And a bit creepy.