Would it be a good time to re-release "better"

Mfegz

i think it would be a great time to re-release "better" along with a video with the footage from the 1st leg of the tour ????

especially here in the uk just before the leeds/reading gigs !

what do you think ?

The public was barely aware this song came out to begin with. Putting this song out with a video and all the promo would, to us, be a re-release but to the general public it would be a first time thing.

I just want more people to get their hands on this album as I think it deserves to have a much larger audience and a better shot at reaching the heights I feel it's capable of. A large majority of people are missing out of something they really could like.

Edited by plonker88

"Garden Of Eden" and "Estranged" were singles in 1993, 2 years after UYI's came out. What's the big deal?

"Candle In The Wind" was a #1 for Elton John in 1997, over 2 decades after it's original release. Same with "Bohemian Rhapsody" for Queen in 1992.

But what about the 1st argument I made?

I personally think it is sad that we live in a world where an album is here and gone. I remember in the 90's buzz would still surround a new album for 2-3 years now it is all disposable. People throw the new thing away and wait for the next one.

But what about the 1st argument I made?

I personally think it is sad that we live in a world where an album is here and gone. I remember in the 90's buzz would still surround a new album for 2-3 years now it is all disposable. People throw the new thing away and wait for the next one.

In the case of your first argument, Guns never waited a year and a half in between singles to release another. Yeah the album was 2 years old by 93, but they had been constantly releasing stuff from it to keep it in the public consciousness. They were like Lady Gaga back then, and could get away with releasing song after song from an album for 2 years.

It wasn't Guns fault, but Better was almost 3 years old when it was released in 09 as a single. It was stupid on their part to pretend the leaks didn't happen and that the song was fresh and new, but it is water under the bridge.

So to answer, no. Re-releasing single that has been floating around on the net for more than 4 years is not a good idea that time, just as it wasn't a good idea the first time.

It's not really a single if the song does not get a decent amount of airplay and promotion...

Yeah, they released it on a cd...and did nothing else with it. :shrugs:

I

I agree. Just because it was sent to radio stations doesn't mean anything. I'd like to see them promote one of the songs in ANY COUNTRY. Touring Europe? Why not try to release a single off the album there? Amazing how there are 20 guys in the band and no one can figure out how to properly generate buzz or promote material.

I was just reminded of the interview with Kurt Loder back in 1999. Axl: "I'm not working on all of this just to keep it buried." AXL, that's EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID!!

No. Even though it's a great rock song, it already ran it's course. It's possible tey could release a video for it on Youtube o their Myspace page, but it's been a single for a while. It was already re-released when it came out on CD, everyone knew the song already.

What they have to do now is release Chinese Democracy II (or Guns N' Roses) and promote it properly.

Whaat?? The video wasn't released two years ago?? :shock:

They did say "soon", didn't they?? :question:

Well, Axl did say we'll "see the video in a week or so," in December 2008. It's been over a year and a half and all we got was a 40 second clip tha'ts not even a teaser of the video.

I will always wonder why there was no video released, and why Axl went missing when the album came out.

no. release a shacklers revenge video where houlden caufield (the shackler) tracks down riad and the bedouins via his space ship/flying wooden pirate ship. it star wars meets spaceballs meets pirates of the caribbean. im a genius.

No. It's time to move on. When you think about it, re-releasing a single from an album that's two years old, is pretty ridiculous.

Really it's no more ridiculous than touring on an album for ten years now. In fact I'd imagine it was par for the course.

The ship has sailed on "Better" and I think you should all realize this by now. Sure it wouldn't hurt them to just release the video, but I don't think they should do it with the intent on the single flying back up the charts.

Edited by LightningBolt

Seriously would Axl just start the release process for the next part of CD or whatever because every passing day im watching the modern Axl become more and more of a joke and I dont even care about myself hearing the other songs I just want to shut up all the haters and let them hear the collective material that is the CD era, these people for some reason think all Axl worked on all those years were these 14 songs. And also it wouldnt hurt if this time they release shit right this includes Axl actually talking publicly too btw. PLEASE AXL RELEASE THE REST TO SHUT THEM UP