Going on a road trip to Sturgis!

GNR 1991

So, I saw the promo video today on Facebook about this being the only stop in the US in 2010 -- and I thought to myself, I really want to see this band. I saw them in 2006 at the Warfield and at the Oracle, and they were amazing. But know they're playing more new songs, and DJ is in the band. I'm interested to see what he brings live.

So I'm planning a road trip to Sturgis from the Bay Area, California. It's a 22 hour trip, but that's okay, I've been dying to go on a road trip this Summer. How much gas money do you think I'd need? Probably a shit-ton.

Anyone else going to Sturgis?

Hell yeah! And I soo needed a road trip! I haven't had a vacation sense 2006 when I went to Chicago and New York too see gnr! lol seems thats the only way I manage to get out of town.

Anyone know what airport would be viable to fly into?

Rapid City, SD would be the closest to Sturgis.

Also yoy will have to rent a hotel an hour or so away from Sturgis. You can call around but the only way you are getting a room in Rapid or Sturgis is if someone cancels. Also make sure you have a car rental now. They will be booked up too. good luck too everyone esp. those of you flying in. You are going too have trouble finding these things. Check Wall for hotels. Thats where i desided to stay. But I got the last double room in my hotel.

I'll be there too! Driving 16-hours from St. Louis.

We're going to drive up to Sioux Falls on Thursday, spend the night, then go the rest of the way Friday and go straight to the show.

Then try and make it back as far as we can on Fri. night.

Looked up hotels in Sturgis, and the cheapest was $250 a night!

I heard many people are camping on open camp grounds as well.

Since it's all GA seats, us traveling die, die, die-hard fans aughta get together to watch the show :thumbsup:

E