Ticket Prices are ridiculous

Marky

Ok, I understand what you going at with the ticket prices being high. When I was loking at ticket prices for Aerosmith at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City the closest seats for two people were 430 bucks! Unfortunatley I didn't have that much money and I couldn't go.

But, I I had the money, I would've been like "fuck it, im going."

If GN'R tour the U.S. and their playing in Boardwalk Hall or any arena around my area, and they'll selling prices for $150, im going. If their my favorite band and I have one night to see them, I'll take the risk of seeing GN'R.

Marky, I understand you may not have the money to go, but maybe it's time to start saving up. That's what im gonna do when I get money, put like 200 dollars or more away for GN'R if they tour in the U.S.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so when I saw GNR at Wembley in 2006, I paid £40 exactly. A hefty fee, considering CD wasn't out, this was the first tour in years, and then Axl walks offstage towards the end. Combined with 2 shit support acts, this was a bit of a con.

Now, to see them at the O2 (A venue which, besides your Aerosmiths and Bon Jovi's, sells reasonably priced tickets, ranging from about £25 up to £40 for a normal gig), would cost me upwards of £50, with no hope of standing, probably with more shit support acts, and to hear a performance, which judging by recent bootlegs, is lacking somewhat.

Apart from a few diehards (which I no longer really count myself in), people will want to hear the classics. GNR will obviously leave a good 90% of people dissapointed with the setlist, and leave most people feeling like they've been robbed.

I really don't want to piss and moan, but it breaks my heart that I don't physically have the cash to go along and see a band I'm a fan of. Guns N Roses in today's world, are not very relevant, nor is the new material popular. And while the venues may be selling out quicker than I can type, the price will not match the performance, nor the imminent lateness onstage (which I'm sorry, but it has no place in today's gigs), and the band will probably come under a lot of criticism for the gigs.

That's the whole "GnR Mystique"

if you want to be treated w/ respect as a fan and not pay and arm and a leg

check out Slash's solo band

better prices, better performance, and on time

I really don't want to piss and moan, but it breaks my heart that I don't physically have the cash to go along and see a band I'm a fan of.

How old are you? You can't earn those £50 to attend GNR show? :shock:

In Moscow tickets cost 200$ on average and we did't complain

I'm 18, and if you read an earlier post of mine, you'll see why I can't afford it.

so then that's you.. we've all had money problems, I'm sure. But I don't intend other people lowering the value of their product just because I'm in a bad place in my life at that moment. I mean seriously, if I was the one making this topic what would you say if you could afford it yourself? you might feel sorry for the kid but you're not honestly gonna fight for price changes for him :shrugs: