Ticket Prices are ridiculous

Marky

Ok, so when I saw GNR at Wembley in 2006, I paid £40 exactly. A hefty fee, considering CD wasn't out, this was the first tour in years, and then Axl walks offstage towards the end. Combined with 2 shit support acts, this was a bit of a con.

Now, to see them at the O2 (A venue which, besides your Aerosmiths and Bon Jovi's, sells reasonably priced tickets, ranging from about £25 up to £40 for a normal gig), would cost me upwards of £50, with no hope of standing, probably with more shit support acts, and to hear a performance, which judging by recent bootlegs, is lacking somewhat.

Apart from a few diehards (which I no longer really count myself in), people will want to hear the classics. GNR will obviously leave a good 90% of people dissapointed with the setlist, and leave most people feeling like they've been robbed.

I really don't want to piss and moan, but it breaks my heart that I don't physically have the cash to go along and see a band I'm a fan of. Guns N Roses in today's world, are not very relevant, nor is the new material popular. And while the venues may be selling out quicker than I can type, the price will not match the performance, nor the imminent lateness onstage (which I'm sorry, but it has no place in today's gigs), and the band will probably come under a lot of criticism for the gigs.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the tickets are too expensive but...

How is Axl's voice now not better than in 2010 ?

How does DJ not give better performances than Robin ?

How hasn't Ron improved since 2006 ?

How does the band not play the classics ????? I mean, the setlist is a greatest hits one...

People will want to hear most, if not all, of AFD and most of the Illusions, not stuff off a new album they don't own.

I'm not saying that the band aren't good, but Axl's voice has been totally shot and all over the place IMO, not a patch on 2006.

Ok, so when I saw GNR at Wembley in 2006, I paid £40 exactly. A hefty fee, considering CD wasn't out, this was the first tour in years, and then Axl walks offstage towards the end. Combined with 2 shit support acts, this was a bit of a con.

Now, to see them at the O2 (A venue which, besides your Aerosmiths and Bon Jovi's, sells reasonably priced tickets, ranging from about £25 up to £40 for a normal gig), would cost me upwards of £50, with no hope of standing, probably with more shit support acts, and to hear a performance, which judging by recent bootlegs, is lacking somewhat.

Apart from a few diehards (which I no longer really count myself in), people will want to hear the classics. GNR will obviously leave a good 90% of people dissapointed with the setlist, and leave most people feeling like they've been robbed.

I really don't want to piss and moan, but it breaks my heart that I don't physically have the cash to go along and see a band I'm a fan of. Guns N Roses in today's world, are not very relevant, nor is the new material popular. And while the venues may be selling out quicker than I can type, the price will not match the performance, nor the imminent lateness onstage (which I'm sorry, but it has no place in today's gigs), and the band will probably come under a lot of criticism for the gigs.

Guns prices seem reasonable for the uk

If you want to look at some over priced tickets check out the Bon Jovi Aus tour prices

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/250044DD8BFE0FFB?artistid=734608&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Aerosmith and Bon Jovi are about the same price - standard I thought?

I thought Aerosmith was like a hundred quid or something mental at the o2?

I do agree with Mark though it is going to be pretty difficult to persuade some of my mates who were initially eager to splash out that kind of money.

I do agree with Mark though it is going to be pretty difficult to persuade some of my mates who were initially eager to splash out that kind of money.

On the night of Aerosmith, O2 started selling all the remaining tickets for half price. Was very tempted for a spontaneous gig until I found out that half price was still getting on for £60 with booking fee.

Exactly, I had my heart set on the gig, but there's just NO NEED to charge obscene amounts, and Irving Azoff can get fucked if that is his attitude to the music business, he deserves to fucking fail, no wonder GNR have become a mess of a band if people like him are behind them.

Exactly, I had my heart set on the gig, but there's just NO NEED to charge obscene amounts, and Irving Azoff can get fucked if that is his attitude to the music business, he deserves to fucking fail, no wonder GNR have become a mess of a band if people like him are behind them.

Exactly. There is not really a way I could have spent any more money on this band without being a nutter who buys every album ten pounds and sends cheques to Axl every week as a thankyou.

Yeah, Aerosmith tickets at the O2 were ridiculously high.

I have to agree with Marky in that the tickets are a little too highly priced, but they could be worse.

Edited by LCG

There is inflation.

how much does U2 and The Stones charge for their tickets?

....exactly

Original members.

Still release music regularly.

Would sell out stadiums regardless of price.

GN'R will not sell out an arena let alone stadium if tickets are too expensive. And Standing tickets to see U2 at Wembley stadium were about 40 pounds.

I hardly think the 'if you don't like it, stay at home' attitude cuts it in the music business. And comparing them to U2 and the Stones is ridiculous, considering Gnr are a mediocre, irrelevant band these days.

I don't think ticket prices for GNR are too high considering their stage, the pyro stuff, and the number of members in the band.

Aerosmith price tickets were higher in Paris for the same arena, and Aerosmith had: a very basic stage, no fire effect, less members in the band. Aerosmith ticket prices were too high.

I agree GNR is expensive but the show is worth more than any show I've witnessed in my life, and I've seen a lot.

Gnr are a mediocre, irrelevant band these days.

Then I understand why you don't want to pay 50 bucks to see them...

But why do you want to see them at all actually ?

I think Marky's speaking about how GN'R are perceived by the public, and not how he perceives them.