Ticket Prices are ridiculous

Marky

50 bucks.

Damn the OP is cheap.

I'm an 18 year old student, in a crappy part time job, on minimum wage, trying to balance a personal life in which I have to haul my arse to places like, hmm let's see, the hospital, where my Mother is currently laid up having had a serious operation. And then there's transport to college/uni, which obviously during these months I don't have to pay, but will do come September, seeing as my Dad is too fucking broke to provide, and I can't get support for it. Please, do not criticise me for being 'cheap'.

QFT.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said - the show won't be sold out. Show up the day-of and buy a ticket in the lot for $10

Vega is right is the 2006 shows Hammersmith and Wembley are anything to go by there will be plenty on the door.

I paid full face value (more actually for he hammersmith) show but my brother got in about a third off face value by just turning up on the door and haggling hard with the touts.

Ok, so when I saw GNR at Wembley in 2006, I paid £40 exactly. A hefty fee, considering CD wasn't out, this was the first tour in years, and then Axl walks offstage towards the end. Combined with 2 shit support acts, this was a bit of a con.

Now, to see them at the O2 (A venue which, besides your Aerosmiths and Bon Jovi's, sells reasonably priced tickets, ranging from about £25 up to £40 for a normal gig), would cost me upwards of £50, with no hope of standing, probably with more shit support acts, and to hear a performance, which judging by recent bootlegs, is lacking somewhat.

Apart from a few diehards (which I no longer really count myself in), people will want to hear the classics. GNR will obviously leave a good 90% of people dissapointed with the setlist, and leave most people feeling like they've been robbed.

I really don't want to piss and moan, but it breaks my heart that I don't physically have the cash to go along and see a band I'm a fan of. Guns N Roses in today's world, are not very relevant, nor is the new material popular. And while the venues may be selling out quicker than I can type, the price will not match the performance, nor the imminent lateness onstage (which I'm sorry, but it has no place in today's gigs), and the band will probably come under a lot of criticism for the gigs.

Uggghh Shut the Fuck up...........

Dont Fucking Go.... Your only gonna come one here and complain, So save everbody 10min of there life............

I'm an 18 year old student, in a crappy part time job, on minimum wage, trying to balance a personal life in which I have to haul my arse to places like, hmm let's see, the hospital, where my Mother is currently laid up having had a serious operation. And then there's transport to college/uni, which obviously during these months I don't have to pay, but will do come September, seeing as my Dad is too fucking broke to provide, and I can't get support for it. Please, do not criticise me for being 'cheap'.

In 2006 you paid £40 to see GNR, now it’s £50. So it’s just £10 more than the last time. You said you had a job, well, it’s time to start saving up money to go to see your favourite bands. Maybe you aren’t a fan of this gnr lineup and that’s why you don’t want to spend that sum of money. Not always things are free or cheap.

I'm a huge fan of the new lineup, but, as I stated, I'm short of money at the moment, and £50 is a ridiculous fee. I already said that last time, while the gig was good, I didn't really get value for money with it, and I feel I may do so even less with this gig. Bear in mind it costs me £20 to get the train to London, plus food and drink, any merchandise etc, 1 night out will end up costing me £100 or so.

I'm a huge fan of the new lineup, but, as I stated, I'm short of money at the moment, and £50 is a ridiculous fee. I already said that last time, while the gig was good, I didn't really get value for money with it, and I feel I may do so even less with this gig. Bear in mind it costs me £20 to get the train to London, plus food and drink, any merchandise etc, 1 night out will end up costing me £100 or so.

I don't think £50 is ridiculous. I think the price is a little high, but still reasonable. The thing that is more annoying is the Ticketmaster fees, like the "order processing fee" and the delivery fee. Train tickets, food and merchandise are the same for any show though, and you don't have to buy any merchandise if you don't have the money.

LOL.......... Oh boy......... Do you want them to play in your living room for free?

I seen Guns in Halifax, Canada ( in 06 & this year ) 4 hours from where I am, Ticket $65 + Gas $80 + Hotel $140 and food roughly $30, Thats $315 TWICE, It was well worth it both times well minus standing in the complete cold for 2hrs before the show........

Thats reasonalbe for any concert in My area so I think you need to move closer to where your concerts are at, There not gonna drop prices so More people can attend when there gonna 9/10 Sell out anyway.

Shit happens

Edited by devin_rideout

Anymore, I don't care who the band is, how much I like them, how great they are in concert, if they're charging more than $75 a ticket they can blow me, I'll stay home. I've seen GnR enough times now that it's just not worth it to me to pay a high ticket price, especially when their singer can't manage to get his ass on stage at a reasonable time.

if that's how you honestly feel about the price, I don't think you should go...

not because you're "not a fan" or anything, just that if you go see a show with that state of mind you're never gonna think that it was worth it

$100 American/Canadian is the going rate these days. Aerosmith was charging $200 for the best seats and $100 to sit at the back of the arena. I decided that they can get fucked and didn't buy a ticket. $100 to see Axl is totally worth it though. Pawn some shit and go buy a ticket.

Marky, try not to get the impression from me that I'm a stuck up twat, but back in 2006 I went to 5 shows (one of which being a Download weekend ticket), and I wasn't even 18!

I had a paper round which paid around £30 - £50 a week.

It's all about saving, I thought it was worth it so I saved.

So I paid for Download, Hammersmith, Birmingham and 2 Wembley Shows, and also paid for a hotel and train to Download and Birmingham and also trains to Hammersmith and one of the Wembley shows (I didn't drive back then). My Dad only came to one show, which he drove to.

Now I've got a full-time job, I'm already going to Reading/Leeds and O2, hoping to find someone to go to Manchester/Birmingham with.

I paied R$600 to my Premium Tickets in São Paulo, it's something near 400 dollars.

I wanna see somebody beat that.

I think I did by going to 5 shows in a month, and paying hotel and train fare. It cost me probably in total of £800 (around $1200)

UK SUBS probably is around the same (he didn't go to Download, but he did go to Glasgow and ...I think Newcastle (maybe Sheffield?) so it works out the same.