Azoff giving Axl props on Twitter

Fun n' Games

The part that seems odd to me is that any lawyer would tell a client to not talk to or about the plaintif. I can't imagine a lawyer in an active suit/counter suit would not have advised his client to shutup. especially in such a public case. So stating anything publicly like that is just wierd.

I still think it's possible Azoff wants to do anything to soften the focus on his anti-trust stuff which Axl's counter suit focuses.

And with Azoff's cold hearted public comments about Bill Bailey, I can't believe he'd want to demonstrate any 'good guy' actions with Axl now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points! That's why I was talking about a legal strategy earlier.

I'm starting to feel a little silly discussing on and on what some sentence of some guy I don't know means, but hey, what the heck, it's the GNR forum!!

Yes, I agree we tend to over analyze things to death, but what else am I going to do when stuck on hold?

We could discuss Britney Spears instead!

Petty girl, so/so talent, rich too soon, screwed up, got it back together, still so/so talent. Done.

I still think it's possible Azoff wants to do anything to soften the focus on his anti-trust stuff which Axl's counter suit focuses.

Azoff is not the least bit concerned about the Justice department I can assure you. He gives alot of money to the Democratic party, and his political connections are part of what helped get the merger through in the first place.

This lawsuit with Axl amuses Azoff I think. He has unlimited resources at his disposal to poke at Axl, I suspect that is part of the reason he continues to be some what not professional about the whole thing because he is not worried about it. He knows he might not get his money out of Axl, but he is just being an ass about it because he can.

Azoff's a big dog. Axl probably bit off a bit more than he can chew this time making an enemy of the guy.

Azoff is not the least bit concerned about the Justice department I can assure you. He gives alot of money to the Democratic party, and his political connections are part of what helped get the merger through in the first place.

This lawsuit with Axl amuses Azoff I think. He has unlimited resources at his disposal to poke at Axl, I suspect that is part of the reason he continues to be some what not professional about the whole thing because he is not worried about it. He knows he might not get his money out of Axl, but he is just being an ass about it because he can.

Azoff's a big dog. Axl probably bit off a bit more than he can chew this time making an enemy of the guy.

Now we are getting somewhere! It's a good thing we got the whole class of GNR school to figure this out together.

Yes, I agree we tend to over analyze things to death, but what else am I going to do when stuck on hold?

Petty girl, so/so talent, rich too soon, screwed up, got it back together, still so/so talent. Done.

Plus so/so mentally not stable.

Now do Justin Bieber!

Plus so/so mentally not stable.

Now do Justin Bieber!

Needs a smaller bowl.

Well, I agree that Azoff seems to be toying with Axl. It may be like a poker game, or a game of chicken maybe. I thought about it and you shouldn't throw things at the opposing team either, but that didn't seem to register with Azoff. Cold prick, boy.

Edited by Orsys

Guest Apollo

God could come to earth and release a statement saying the Axl was the best singer and song writer that he ever created......and the Axl haters would still respond negatively. As soon as I read what the tweet was, I knew what certain posters were going to respond. Still amazes me that axl haters live on a gnr website.

The part that seems odd to me is that any lawyer would tell a client to not talk to or about the plaintif. I can't imagine a lawyer in an active suit/counter suit would not have advised his client to shutup. especially in such a public case. So stating anything publicly like that is just wierd.

And with Azoff's cold hearted public comments about Bill Bailey, I can't believe he'd want to demonstrate any 'good guy' actions with Axl now.

Yea. If someone countersues u saying u were trying to sabotoge him, which is a personal thing. Why would u make silly comments showing that it is personal, seems like that would help Axls case to me.

Yea. If someone countersues u saying u were trying to sabotoge him, which is a personal thing. Why would u make silly comments showing that it is personal, seems like that would help Axls case to me.

Maybe. On the other hand, the comment doesn't really look silly, looks more genuine to me.

God could come to earth and release a statement saying the Axl was the best singer and song writer that he ever created......and the Axl haters would still respond negatively. As soon as I read what the tweet was, I knew what certain posters were going to respond. Still amazes me that axl haters live on a gnr website.

Not sure who you're referring to. This was one of the threads I didn't read a lot of Axl hate. Personally, it would make my day to see Axl kick Azoff's ass.

Maybe. On the other hand, the comment doesn't really look silly, looks more genuine to me.

Maybe. But using Bill Bailey in the lawsuit, the comment about writing the book about me and Bill Bailey, just seems like smart-ass personal to me.

Maybe. But using Bill Bailey in the lawsuit, the comment about writing the book about me and Bill Bailey, just seems like smart-ass personal to me.

What I meant was that if it looks that real (if you just take the words here as they stand), then it will also look real in court, not silly, and thus not help Axl's case. Ok?

The $13 million dollar Best Buy deal deals a mortal wound to Axl's sabotage claim. With the way record sales are and the way the economy was at the time, Azoff getting that kind of guaranteed money in that market was going above and beyond for his client. The fact he would secure that kind of deal blows up the sabotage idea because if he really wanted to leave Axl out to dry he would have never made a deal like that to get Axl's ass out of debt to the record company.

There is no judge in America that is going to take seriously the idea that a manger that negotiated that kind of deal for his client in anyway sabotaged him. Besides, Axl didn't do himself any favors by sitting at home during the release and not talking to anyone or doing any promo. There is a compelling case to be made that his lack of visibility hurt it as much or more than anything he claims Azoff did.

I would not be surprised to see neither party walk away with anything accept a sea of billable hours for attorneys.

I think Azoff's knows he is never going to owe Axl any money (which is why he keeps sticking his tongue out at him so to speak), but is hoping maybe he can collect some. If not, it didn't cost him anything as he has an in house legal team while Axl is the one paying top dollar for his attorney's out of his pocket.

Edited by Naupis

What I meant was that if it looks that real (if you just take the words here as they stand), then it will also look real in court, not silly, and thus not help Axl's case. Ok?

Ok I am with u there

It's his real account and he's being sarcastic. Just read his follow-up comment saying that there should be more people like him in the music biz. He's taking the piss - mind you this is the same guy who addressed Axl by his birth name in legal documents just to piss him off, knowing full well how much it would offend him.

Agreed, this is no way intended to be sincere, just another angle of provocation.

It is his account. I think he is being a douche

He is remarkably accomplished at being just that,along with other things which I won't mention :disgust:

Getting Chinese Democracy released?

In a less than honorable way, this album deserved better than the treatment it got. :fuckyou:

It is his account. I think he is being a douche

He is remarkably accomplished at being just that,along with other things which I won't mention :disgust:

Getting Chinese Democracy released?

In a less than honorable way, this album deserved better than the treatment it got. :fuckyou:

Maybe so, I but I think without him we wouldnt even have "the album"

It's his real account and he's being sarcastic. Just read his follow-up comment saying that there should be more people like him in the music biz. He's taking the piss - mind you this is the same guy who addressed Axl by his birth name in legal documents just to piss him off, knowing full well how much it would offend him.

Agreed, this is no way intended to be sincere, just another angle of provocation.

A provocation doesn't necessarily have to be sarcastic.

It's certainly not sarcasm. But it could be meant as a provocation, I see what you mean.

It's my experience that nothing is real in court (i.e. cut and dried). That's why there are lawyers, to dirty everything up and twang each side's story to suit their purpose.

Ha, what's reality anyway? It's not just in court that everybody tries to twist it their way...