GUNS N' ROSES. CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

STARABOSTES

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Axl who makes (made) Slash sound good. Most of Slash's side projects have a big meh factor to me. Can't comment on Duff since I've not listened to his solo material

most people would say the same thing about Chinese Democracy and it's lack of Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

+1

Slash gave Guns the sound that made the band. Without Slash, Axl is nothing.

It might be a couple more years before he wakes up to the facts.

To me, it was always Axl who gave that sound :shrugs: This is all about personal preference, there are no facts to discuss about here.

Enough with this "Don't get it" bullshit! CD was an average album at best, and that's it. I like it and listens to it from time to time, and I still think it's average like most of the world's population does. Some of the songs are a lot better live though.

You aren't going to change anybody's mind, Guns N' Roses is whatever you want it to be. To most people, thats Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, give or take Matt and Steven. To others, its just Axl and whoever he hires :shrugs:

Yes, I'm belong to the 2nd one - Axl is Guns N' Roses. That's the reason why I'm enjoying and wasting my time on this forum. :thumbsup:

;)

:thumbsup:;)

Enough with this "Don't get it" bullshit! CD was an average album at best, and that's it. I like it and listens to it from time to time, and I still think it's average like most of the world's population does. Some of the songs are a lot better live though.

oh , man, CD was so far above me, I mean...I just dont get it....Im a monkey.

I know. :rolleyes: it's clear from all you have posted on this forum. don't worry, it's going to be fine, you'll be alright.... :)

so hit me! ...with your thoughts on the matter.

The album would have sounded so much better with Slash on board.

:) 'key... :shrugs: it could be very well as you say, but he - Slash chose not to play on it, so what can we do about it?

Edited by roua gri

I have to admit to owning a copy of Chinese Democracy. I also have to admit, I don't play the thing.

I played more Chinese Democracy before the album came out (i'm talking about the leaks).

Playing the 'bits of' leaks was always interesting for the curiosity factor. Part of me really believed there might be a monster album in the works.

In the end, on it's release, it sounded like a multi multi multi layered lash-up involving way too many.

I have to admit to owning a copy of Chinese Democracy. I also have to admit, I don't play the thing.

I played more Chinese Democracy before the album came out (i'm talking about the leaks).

Playing the 'bits of' leaks was always interesting for the curiosity factor. Part of me really believed there might be a monster album in the works.

In the end, on it's release, it sounded like a multi multi multi layered lash-up involving way too many.

OK. but then why do you come here? why do you post in a forum about a band you feel is not real, really? I know you wanted or want to make a point, but we know this point well enough, you are not the firsts to come here with this, and it's just the "democracy" of this forum that allows you to post here, because you could very well discus it in "former members". your blabbing is boring and tiredness, out of dated. "i'm sorry for you...."

OK. but then why do you come here? why do you post in a forum about a band you feel is not real, really? I know you wanted or want to make a point, but we know this point well enough, you are not the firsts to come here with this, and it's just the "democracy" of this forum that allows you to post here, because you could very well discus it in "former members". your blabbing is boring and tiredness, out of dated. "i'm sorry for you...."

I have as much right to reply to the original post as you, and anybody else.

I like music, and maybe Axl's next album might work out better. Maybe..

..don't ever feel sorry for someone who doesn't share the same views as you ;)

ok miss rau gri, Sell us chinese democracy. What do you really love about it? Tell us how it moves you. I will listen. Point to the spot on your heart it touches.

and that is simply our point...er...lack of one, because CD doesn"t touch your heart, why? ummm..protools?

Your to young to get it. .....You see,...... tHeRe aCTuALLy wAs a tiMe........but unfortunately, its not the one axl sings about on chinese.

man... it's the second time you right my "name" incorrect, are you really retarded? sell you what? just re-read my first post here, I took the time to possible answer such questions.

to young? at least I put in my profile my age, you being "so mature" an' all didn't. what's got to do age or sex here? do you think that you being a man it's like you "get" GNR more? re-view my profile, I'm a man, not that, from my point really matters, but it seems that from perspective it does!

and to answer you know, before your brain looses sight of things, again, I feel each song. on Chinese I could easily brake four fucking face, 'cause "it don't really matter ..." and the song has that feeling of making me crash someone. on Shackler's, the beating of you would continue, but it will be sadistic, since by now you'll be already tide-up in my basement .

on Better, I feel like taking a ride to some store - constructions, buy something to cause you some hard pain, and by the time they hit it hard in the song I'll be beating you, and scream along Axl's voice - "I never wanted you to be so full of anger!..."

on Streets of Dreams, that would be the sound you'll most likely feel as I'll set you free, leaving you on a sidewalk and see my boots disappear....

on If the World it's song you'll have into your head as you bleed your way to your home,

on TWAT is what I'll sing thinking of you and all the damage I've done and decided that is enough and that I'll never come back to your house to inflict you more pain.

on Catcher I'll taking a walk "into the wild" and back into rusty middle west usa, looking at the old farts you could become....

and I'm bored.

ok miss rau gri, Sell us chinese democracy. What do you really love about it? Tell us how it moves you. I will listen. Point to the spot on your heart it touches.

and that is simply our point...er...lack of one, because CD doesn"t touch your heart, why? ummm..protools?

Your to young to get it. .....You see,...... tHeRe aCTuALLy wAs a tiMe........but unfortunately, its not the one axl sings about on chinese.

man... it's the second time you right my "name" incorrect, are you really retarded? sell you what? just re-read my first post here, I took the time to possible answer such questions.

to young? at least I put in my profile my age, you being "so mature" an' all didn't. what's got to do age or sex here? do you think that you being a man it's like you "get" GNR more? re-view my profile, I'm a man, not that, from my point really matters, but it seems that from perspective it does!

and to answer you know, before your brain looses sight of things, again, I feel each song. on Chinese I could easily brake four fucking face, 'cause "it don't really matter ..." and the song has that feeling of making me crash someone. on Shackler's, the beating of you would continue, but it will be sadistic, since by now you'll be already tide-up in my basement .

on Better, I feel like taking a ride to some store - constructions, buy something to cause you some hard pain, and by the time they hit it hard in the song I'll be beating you, and scream along Axl's voice - "I never wanted you to be so full of anger!..."

on Streets of Dreams, that would be the sound you'll most likely feel as I'll set you free, leaving you on a sidewalk and see my boots disappear....

on If the World it's song you'll have into your head as you bleed your way to your home,

on TWAT is what I'll sing thinking of you and all the damage I've done and decided that is enough and that I'll never come back to your house to inflict you more pain.

on Catcher I'll taking a walk "into the wild" and back into rusty middle west usa, looking at the old farts you could become....

and I'm bored.

Whoohoo, computer skills day at the sanitarium!!

to young? at least I put in my profile my age, you being "so mature" an' all didn't. what's got to do age or sex here? do you think that you being a man it's like you "get" GNR more? re-view my profile, I'm a man, not that, from my point really matters, but it seems that from your perspective it does!

and I'm bored.

Whoohoo, computer skills day at the sanitarium!!

:D yeap.

Edited by roua gri

I have as much right to reply to the original post as you, and anybody else.

I like music, and maybe Axl's next album might work out better. Maybe..

..don't ever feel sorry for someone who doesn't share the same views as you ;)

of course you are, but of course you are. it's not about this topic, it's about the forum! <_< I'

I feel sorry for you for not liking Chinese as much as I do, hens you wouldn't be bitter, and asking for "old times"...

so it seems that the wise guys lay down their soft pistols, ha?

I've just re-watch the VH1 behind the music, and it's so obviously what it's all about! it's push for a "re-union", a plead for understanding poor Slash. do you see their Duff giving interview? or Izzy? if we come about "original", no! you see Slash speaking for Izzy, you see Matt speaking for himself like he's an original member, you see Gilby speaking for Duff. and the shit of the story of how they formed man! bullshit. so if you start a documentary with a lie, and the person most visible as interviewer is Slash, what did this tell you, ha?! anyway, so, Steve was fired and Slash said is because he was "too" stoned. why didn't he stick to his friend whom he first played since 1982? then Izzy left the band, and Slash said that's because Izzy couldn't stand no more Axl's attitude! then they were "forced" to give up band name or the band would break up, that's what, again, Slash said. so.... do you see a pattern? no? let me help you - all important things what happened then are being told by Slash, so no wonder that he gets to be seen as the "good guy", who, for the sake of fans(I suppose) or even for the sake of music(not for money, god for-beat), he decided to step on his pride(if he has any... just look of the list of "popular singers" he has been and he is playing!) and accepted to sign away the right to own the name! why isn't there any info on the fact that the name was Axl's idea in the first place, ha? why isn't it always remembered that the first line-up of GUNS N' ROSES was AXL ROSE, TRACII GUNS, IZZY STRADLIN, OLE BEICH, ROB GARDNER? and so that the ones who remained from the "original" GNR were Axl and Izzy! don't care that they didn't release and album together, who's to say that songs that got into AFD weren't being played by them!? just read the history of "L.A. Guns" "Hollywood Rose" and then come here and "cry me a river" of how the "original band" is Guns N' Roses with Slash, and that's the only way we can speak about it as being Guns N' Roses. but you know what is funny? that you'll never learn since your brain is stuck at first grade or, lets give a little more, at 5th grade of school! so, kids if you can not grow up - which is fine by me since it's scientifically proven - then don't waste your time coming in here and playing with words and ideas you can not comprehend entirely!

and for the rest of you readers, doesn't it feels good to know the truth? and more specially that you can get it?

ha ha.. rau girl just exposed herself as a real troller!

/thread.

:rofl-lol: that's all you got kiddy? well, I'm out of here, for now...see ya tomorrow for another lesson on GUNS N' ROSES!

reading and typing can damage your little mind... so, take care.

peace and out!

It's Axl who makes (made) Slash sound good. Most of Slash's side projects have a big meh factor to me. Can't comment on Duff since I've not listened to his solo material

most people would say the same thing about Chinese Democracy and it's lack of Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

Get real, Slash, Duff and Izzy could never do a masterpiece like CD. Slash himself even admitted it.

ha, no he didn't. He said it was an album the old band couldn't make, and he's right, the old band couldn't make an album like that because nobody would agree on anything it took to spend that much time on an album. They wouldn't have any of that shit, their ego's are too big. Thats a far cry from saying "we could never make a masterpiece like Chinese Democracy"