GUNS N' ROSES. CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

STARABOSTES

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on Better, I feel like taking a ride to some store - constructions, buy something to cause you some hard pain, and by the time they hit it hard in the song I'll be beating you, and scream along Axl's voice - "I never wanted you to be so full of anger!..."

Oh, please :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You're a tough little kid, aren't you :thumbsup:

A real badass :rofl-lol:

on Better, I feel like taking a ride to some store - constructions, buy something to cause you some hard pain, and by the time they hit it hard in the song I'll be beating you, and scream along Axl's voice - "I never wanted you to be so full of anger!..."

:lol: I am tough. not a kid. but that is not the point. what you are citing there is just something to amuse myself when chatting with teens. like this one ... enter Appetite For Destruction bitch! Oh,have you ever thought about getting laid? :)

so boys and girls I'm back! it's time to restart the lesson on what is Guns N' Roses, because about 3 or 4 of you don't know for shore, yet.

for now they are all good. so I'll take a brake from tutoring. see ya all soon!

Edited by roua gri

The mere mention of Chinese Democracy to many means the proclamation of a need (what they say is, it's actually just a want) of a reunion.

That speaks tremendously to the fact that many people (including myself at first!) have huge biased views on Chinese Democracy.

Biased because it's not the "Classic" lineup, biased because they think Axl is an ass, recluse etc., biased because it was dubbed the "Most Expensive Album Ever Made" and that it could've been the perfect album because of that, biased because it took so long to make and Axl with that time should have also made the perfect album. Biased because many think Axl caused the breakup. Biased because some are Slashites and Axlites (no better term to describe it) Biased because it's a GNR album and the sound is a lot different than previous albums.

Take your biases and put them in the trash (if possible.)

Look at it like a Axl solo project if you have to.

If you do that you may find something that works for you or much more.

Don't want to? Fine.Your choice, your loss. Maybe coming to a message board and boasting for something that will never happen gives you more joy than listening to and admitting you like Chinese Democracy or maybe it gives you more joy than even trying to take away your biases and atleast giving Chinese Democracy a opportunity.

Alot of you may respond to this by saying "I listened to it like that, I still dont like it." Maybe you did, maybe you didnt. I dont know. But I can respect someone who did take away their biases and didnt like it. I cant respect something who didnt like it and listened to it with their biases in one hand and their Ipod in the other. Someone like that is just sad. "Its not "real" GNR, where's Slash, Axls stupid" God it's disgusting.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

The mere mention of Chinese Democracy to many means the proclamation of a need (what they say is, it's actually just a want) of a reunion.

That speaks tremendously to the fact that many people (including myself at first!) have huge biased views on Chinese Democracy.

Biased because it's not the "Classic" lineup, biased because they think Axl is an ass, recluse etc., biased because it was dubbed the "Most Expensive Album Ever Made" and that it could've been the perfect album because of that, biased because it took so long to make and Axl with that time should have also made the perfect album. Biased because many think Axl caused the breakup. Biased because some are Slashites and Axlites (no better term to describe it) Biased because it's a GNR album and the sound is a lot different than previous albums.

Don't want to? Fine.Your choice, your loss. Maybe coming to a message board and boasting for something that will never happen gives you more joy than listening to and admitting you like Chinese Democracy or maybe it gives you more joy than even trying to take away your biases and atleast giving Chinese Democracy a opportunity.

Biased because the album sucks!!

Biased because the album sucks!!

(Sigh) :rolleyes:

I guess you dont get what i'm saying.

It's fine if you dont like and put all your biases views of Axl, the question of it being GNR, it not sounding like old GNR etc.

It's not fine if you dont like it because of your biases views of Axl, the question of it being GNR, it not sounding like old GNR etc

Let's be realistic here, no matter how perfect the NuGNR album would be, there are people don't like to accept it. Reasons might be the following:

1. There are members who got fired or left the band.

2. Each member who got fired or left the band has families, friends and die-hard fans.

3. Obsessed fans who like the oldGNR. ( Those are the fans who don't cupcake Axl and Slash though)

4. Multiply above 1, 2 & 3 and you'll get the product of thousands people being an anti-CD or NuGNR.

I'm not sure but I guess it was 1993 the last time Axl and Slash worked together, thus in 17 years it's hard to believe that a fan can't get over it, it should be a personal issue IMO.

Edited by rodelrastervoltz

Let's be realistic here, no matter how perfect the NuGNR album would be, there are people don't like to accept it. Reasons might be the following:

2. Each member who got fired or left the band has families, friends and die-hard fans.

3. Obsessed fans who like the oldGNR. ( Those are the fans who don't cupcake Axl and Slash though)

4. Multiply above 1, 2 & 3 and you'll get the product of thousands people being an anti-CD or NuGNR.

I'm not sure but I guess it was 1993 the last time Axl and Slash worked together, thus in 17 years it's hard to believe that a fan can't get over it, it should be a personal issue IMO.

'it's hard to believe that a fan can't get over it'

I don't think that has much to do with it.

The most important that's missing from Chinese Democracy is the all important 'sound' Guns N'Roses used to make.

The sound has gone. Chinese Democracy should be been viewed as an Axl solo record, as it has nothing to do with Guns N'Roses.

Axl's having about as much success with it, as other ex band members are having or had with their solo records.

The reality being, together, they were so much more successful.

If solo records mean more to them over mega success, then good for them.

Edited by star

:lol: I am tough. not a kid. but that is not the point. what you are citing there is just something to amuse myself when chatting with teens. like this one ... enter Appetite For Destruction bitch! Oh,have you ever thought about getting laid? :)

so boys and girls I'm back! it's time to restart the lesson on what is Guns N' Roses, because about 3 or 4 of you don't know for shore, yet.

for now they are all good. so I'll take a brake from tutoring. see ya all soon!

You are obviously the most mature one here,right?even after that little rant about how you would torture somebody listening too Chinese Democracy? and what is Guns N' Roses ,is it just AXL ROSE? there are other guys in the band,or are they pretending.

You really don't know how to read do you? "my little rant" was just a play of words, to amuse myself on the expense of someone that's boring me.

and for the love of god just re-read my first post on this topic and you'll understand what do I see Guns N' Roses too be. of course that is a band, and as long as they create good music that sounds like GNR, and for me Chinese does, then they are still GNR. GNR is about Axl Rose and the rockers that can make a song with together. j

ust think about it, the sound of "Sweet Child O'Mine" started out as a joke by Slash, but it was Axl who notice it's potential.

and one more argument and final argument is, why do you think you come here, day after day, to beg for Axl to reunite with "classic line-up"? because those guys you love can not create an album to sound as GNR without Axl, and not only that you know it, but they know it! and that's way they - at least Slash does - speak about a reunion as often as possible! if he was the soul of GNR or if Izzy was, then, they wouldn't need Axl, ok? and please notice that he's not about the whole "classic line-up" to reunite, but just about him, Duff and Matt? to reunite with Axl.

and since that is not possible now they got together with Izzy too, and looked for a singer to fit them right as Axl did, and to try to create a contra balance to today's GNR, and about that - good luck with it! so there you have it, just wait for their album and you can enjoy it for your self as the "real GNR album", and get out of this forum and let me or who ever thinks the same way as I do, to enjoy Chinese Democracy and the trip that GNR is on now!

I don't know, how, a person in it's right mind, who reads my first post can consider from it, that I don't respect "the classic line-up"! fuck it! I' ve told you, that in that incarnation I come to take GNR sound into my life! but, I'm not a kid no more, not a teen no more, and not that I really like growing up n' all, but it's just that I am not attached no more on their image. I don't care about how they look as much as did when I was a kid. I care who is along side Axl and how do they sound on stage or on records, and for now, they sound good. notice the word I use when talking about GNR music - good. never ever I'll say that is the best music ever, no matter of which album or song of them I'll be talking. my point here is that Chinese Democracy is a Guns N' Roses album! and it's good as any of them, and if I'll have to make a classification of them, they would be from the latest to the oldest. but that's just me, and I don't need to convince anyone about my own way of liking music. but it's my intention to make, some of you (who don't,) understand the reality about Guns N' Roses, or just to create a good reading for the ones who get it, a positive vibe about Guns N' Roses, most of all, because I appreciate each and every one of the rockers who create GNR sound, and I don't consider their departure as a lost, but rather something that had to happened, out of my control!

Alot of you may respond to this by saying "I listened to it like that, I still dont like it." Maybe you did, maybe you didnt. I dont know. But I can respect someone who did take away their biases and didnt like it. I cant respect something who didnt like it and listened to it with their biases in one hand and their Ipod in the other. Someone like that is just sad. "Its not "real" GNR, where's Slash, Axls stupid" God it's disgusting.

:thumbsup: nice! a new, smart(probably the 3ed) post here!

'it's hard to believe that a fan can't get over it'

I don't think that has much to do with it.

The most important that's missing from Chinese Democracy is the all important 'sound' Guns N'Roses used to make.

The sound has gone. Chinese Democracy should be been viewed as an Axl solo record, as it has nothing to do with Guns N'Roses.

Axl's having about as much success with it, as other ex band members are having or had with their solo records.

The reality being, together, they were so much more successful.

If solo records mean more to them over mega success, then good for them.

IMO, UYI is far compared to AFD, CD sounds UYI in a modern way. I still don't get what other fans refereing to a "sound" Guns N' Roses because Axl voice is GNR to me. From sound 60's cover i.e. Since I don't Have You, Sympathy, We Will Rock You, etc is all sound GNR to me. My dad refers a top hat and bandana icon being a GNR.

I love GNR because their music has been transforming to different styles. If their music these days sounded like AFD then maybe I'll better listen to Linkin, Metallica, PJ, U2 and Limp.

I agree there isn't really a defined GNR sound. Perhaps all the albums have their own distinct sound, but CD sounds like an updated UYI, which sounded very little like AFD. I think when people talk about the "GNR sound", what they really mean are the singles. Jungle and PC were big hits, but do they really sound anything like November Rain and Don't Cry? Was there as big of a backlash from AFD to UYI as there has been for Chinese Democracy? With how many people who prefer Illusions to AFD, I would think they would have been a lot more into CD. It is a much smaller leap between those two than the jump from Appetite to Illusions.

Velvet Revolver didn't really sound like GNR, either. At least to me. Fall to Pieces is the closest that they came to putting out a song that people would think was a real GNR song. The sound changed from album to album, and often from song to song on those albums. It's so silly to me how personally people take it all. Even if they reunited and started creating new material, it wouldn't sound like what they sounded like 20 years ago. They're a group of guys pushing 50 with a lot more life experience.

But to get back somewhat to the original topic, I like the interpretation that the album is actually to the fans. Most of the songs make a lot of sense that way, but I think most of the songs are pretty straight forward about a woman/women who Axl felt wronged by. Scraped and Riad I've felt could be to former band members/media, but other than that they seem to be clearly to some woman. Riad is said on a few websites to be about 9/11 and standing up to terrorism, but the song was written and performed well before that.

Edited by Stro

Guest Apollo

It's Axl who makes (made) Slash sound good. Most of Slash's side projects have a big meh factor to me. Can't comment on Duff since I've not listened to his solo material

most people would say the same thing about Chinese Democracy and it's lack of Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

+1

Slash gave Guns the sound that made the band. Without Slash, Axl is nothing.

It might be a couple more years before he wakes up to the facts.

i think they're both pretty big giants on their own, but together they're a force to be reckoned with. They just have that "it" factor about them that isn't nearly as prevalent when they're on their own. But oh well, at this point we can only dream about such awesomeness... and make VR + Axl mashups

Good post sweetness. Anybody that downplays Axl's importance to the old band GnR or thinks that Axl isn't talented or will make good music with whoever he records with is just ridiculous.

You can't argue someone into liking an album, and why they don't like something is none of your business.

This thread is pointless.

I don't like Salmon, and it won't matter how many people like it or how awesome you think it is, I still won't like it.

LP

Guest gunns5

You can't argue someone into liking an album, and why they don't like something is none of your business.

I don't like Salmon, and it won't matter how many people like it or how awesome you think it is, I still won't like it.

LP

fuck you, this isnt salmon, I want a salmon reunion!!!!!!

:shocked:

LP

fuck you, this isnt salmon, I want a salmon reunion!!!!!!

:shocked:

This is SO Salmon and you know it.

Anything and everything can be compared to fish or snooker players it's a fact.

You're living in denail anyway, it doesn't matter if the fins and tail want a reunion if the head doesn't want to join in then there there is no original Salmon.

You just have to accept the salmon as it is today or go and listen to the old salmon.

LP

you cant enjoy your salmon without that popcorn :xmassrudolph:

oh wait, sorry popcorn, chinese democracy isnt a salmon record :rofl-lol:

No Chinese Democracy IS salmon, but there's no popcorn on it.

You see popcorn wouldn't really work with salmon and that's why he was sadly not invited to play on it.

Spaghetti incident is Jimmy White. All the right elements, but it just wasn't good enough.

Enough with this "Don't get it" bullshit! CD was an average album at best, and that's it. I like it and listens to it from time to time, and I still think it's average like most of the world's population does. Some of the songs are a lot better live though.

I have to admit to owning a copy of Chinese Democracy. I also have to admit, I don't play the thing.

I played more Chinese Democracy before the album came out (i'm talking about the leaks).

Playing the 'bits of' leaks was always interesting for the curiosity factor. Part of me really believed there might be a monster album in the works.

In the end, on it's release, it sounded like a multi multi multi layered lash-up involving way too many.

OK. but then why do you come here? why do you post in a forum about a band you feel is not real, really? I know you wanted or want to make a point, but we know this point well enough, you are not the firsts to come here with this, and it's just the "democracy" of this forum that allows you to post here, because you could very well discus it in "former members". your blabbing is boring and tiredness, out of dated. "i'm sorry for you...."

ok miss rau gri, Sell us chinese democracy. What do you really love about it? Tell us how it moves you. I will listen. Point to the spot on your heart it touches.

and that is simply our point...er...lack of one, because CD doesn"t touch your heart, why? ummm..protools?

Your to young to get it. .....You see,...... tHeRe aCTuALLy wAs a tiMe........but unfortunately, its not the one axl sings about on chinese.

man... it's the second time you right my "name" incorrect, are you really retarded? sell you what? just re-read my first post here, I took the time to possible answer such questions.

to young? at least I put in my profile my age, you being "so mature" an' all didn't. what's got to do age or sex here? do you think that you being a man it's like you "get" GNR more? re-view my profile, I'm a man, not that, from my point really matters, but it seems that from perspective it does!

and to answer you know, before your brain looses sight of things, again, I feel each song. on Chinese I could easily brake four fucking face, 'cause "it don't really matter ..." and the song has that feeling of making me crash someone. on Shackler's, the beating of you would continue, but it will be sadistic, since by now you'll be already tide-up in my basement .

on Streets of Dreams, that would be the sound you'll most likely feel as I'll set you free, leaving you on a sidewalk and see my boots disappear....

on If the World it's song you'll have into your head as you bleed your way to your home,

on TWAT is what I'll sing thinking of you and all the damage I've done and decided that is enough and that I'll never come back to your house to inflict you more pain.

on Catcher I'll taking a walk "into the wild" and back into rusty middle west usa, looking at the old farts you could become....

and I'm bored.

I am sorry I LOL at this. I don't hate though. I know the S.A.T.S. are a stressful.

What we have here is ...failure to communicate. Some people you just cant please so we get what we got here..."

So much love and understanding on this forum board.

Hey people Use your illusion..Axl evidently does. I liked the leaks better too. Was pissed at myself for thinking that there would be a second coming and totally wacked out at the choice of personel that hit the stage under the GNR banner.

I listen to This I Love and expect Axl to break out in to Memorys from Cats...complete with dancing cats. That being said I did actually buy a copy and support the band. Ill ride Axls delussion...see where hes going with it. As I figure it by the time all the contractual obligations and lawsuit distractions are finished and the new band actually produces I can bring my great grandchildren to see GNR play music from the eighties as a staple.. you know a nostalgic act.

this thread is tragic too..

Mygnrforum: A tragic tale

yep.

i dont understand why people can't just accept that things are like they are. no matter how much people complain or discuss, guns n roses will never again be slash, izzy, duff, adler and axl. guns n roses is who ever is in the band at the current time and there is nothing we can do about it. if you don't like the new music, thats too bad for you! but don't come and talk shit about it to people who actually enjoy it (fudd, im not speaking directly to you, its just what i think about this whole thing!). i love the old music as well as the new music and i agree its not the same but its still fucking good music!!

fuck the haters

this thread is tragic too..

Mygnrforum: A tragic tale

yep.

i dont understand why people can't just accept that things are like they are. no matter how much people complain or discuss, guns n roses will never again be slash, izzy, duff, adler and axl. guns n roses is who ever is in the band at the current time and there is nothing we can do about it. if you don't like the new music, thats too bad for you! but don't come and talk shit about it to people who actually enjoy it (fudd, im not speaking directly to you, its just what i think about this whole thing!). i love the old music as well as the new music and i agree its not the same but its still fucking good music!!

fuck the haters

This is my philosophy too.