GnR & the youth of USA

W 23 Axl III

True music fans know when they are being duped. GNR was the real deal...even had the back story to struggling artist ..the music hit the spot... and the attitude was over the top. These guys were the last of the true rockstars...then we got entertained by the pizza boy in flannel

Now look at most of the bands today...studio creations. GFocus group playlists...CEO picks and preferances... Ive tried to wrap my head around todays music..most of its boring shit. And as I have said before..where is this generations Queen Pink Floyds Led Zeppelins ect??? Where are their legends and myths?

When I was a kid I was rocking out to Zepplin, Floyd Qeen Aerosmith Deep Purple Boston ELO and even Early Journey and that was considered retro in the eighties...so these kids that blast AFD and Use Your Illusins 1 and 2..they either have great parents or superb taste.

Not a single mention of CD or any song off of it, in any of the posts in this thread.

well,

i became a fan when i saw a live version of ''the blues'' on tv in 2002, which is why i got used to the new band first. of course i already heard sweet child or paradise city somewhere but i never payed much attention to it obviously. it was the blues that got me hooked, it's still one of my favorite guns songs.

I became a fan after hearing WTTJ and SCOM countless times on the radio, Guitar Hero, and in everyday life. I decided to look them up one day, found some the Ritz '88 performances, and I thought it was awesome. I downloaded a few of the tracks, and soon I found out my dad had AFD in his CD collection. I listened to it many times, and soon I wanted more. I didn't want to spend money on Lies and UYI, so I waited until Christmas to get them, along with CD. I knew almost every track already (except CD) from listening to them on Youtube every day. I've been a GN'R fan for almost 2 years now. I'm 14, BTW.