• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we'll get a good pro shot performance of the followin songs:

- Better

- Chinese Democracy

- Estranged lol

- Madagascar

- Shackler's, Scraped, IRS or Catcher

I have a feeling that if it is indeed only highlights of GN'R's set, it will be songs that the majority of the TV audience will know, eg:

WTTJ, SCOM, LALD, PC, NR, with maybe a couple of songs from the new album like CD and Better.

And in my opinion, the BBC would be very foolish to be trying to show the whole thing live. This isn't a dig at Axl or the band (well, it is in some resepcts, as I think it to be very inconsiderate and unprofessional), but there is always the chance that they'll take to the stage much later than advertised, and you never really know what will happen, like at Download in 2006, where Axl went off stage for 15 mins at a time etc. If you (the BBC) have been saying that you're going to show something at a predetermined time, your audience are going to get rather pissed at the fact that some arsehole singer can't be arsed to get himself on stage and do what he's essentially being payed to do.

And of course there is other scheduled programming that needs to air afterwards. It's not quite the same as Wimbledon for example, where a match has started at the scheduled time, yet through no fault of the players nor organisers, the game has lasted a lot longer than expected (Isner match that lasted THREE DAYS this year for example). People will have tuned in to watch a game and obviously see the result of said game, whereas a rock band is contracted to play a show of a finite length, and if they negate on this contract, it has no bearing on a 'result' per se.

As a headline act on a Friday I imagine that most of the set will be available via the red button if it's not on the actually TV so this is fine news!!

Let's hope Axl is having a good night and doesn't look a massive twat!

As a headline act on a Friday I imagine that most of the set will be available via the red button if it's not on the actually TV so this is fine news!!

Let's hope Axl is having a good night and doesn't look a massive twat!

bollocks! I am not going to be around and i cant even sky+ it if it is on the fucking red button argh!!!

If I recall correctly, back in the 2006 tour (I think when they hit Australia) they had a news report about Guns tour and they were only allowed to film the first 30 seconds of the show.

Not saying Axl/Management will be so strict this time considering it's Reading/Leeds Festival and we're talking about the BBC but it wouldn't surprise me if they only allowed 3/4 songs to be recorded and they were probably pre-agreed with the band (Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child, Paradise City would be my guesses, with maybe another oldie or SOD or better).

I'd be very surprised if we got to see any of it live.

Does anyone know how i could record it and put it on the internet?

Ill be able to sky+ it if its on :xmasssanta:

I find it pretty bad that Guns still don't have a proper live DVD out(post 1992 or whatever). Its easy money and easy promotion but for some reason Axl keeps denying..

I think Palladia rebroadcasts festival concerts. They've had Glastonbury and Hard Rock Calling on.. not sure about Reading or Leeds.

It would be cool if GNR did put out a "Live at Leeds" legal bootleg.

If you ask me that would be a terrible idea...

... but if they did a "Live at READING" legal bootleg, it would be much better!!! (No prizes for guessing which show I'M going too :rofl-lol: )

Going back to what someone was saying re: 2006 tour, and Australian news only being allowed to show the first 30 seconds or so, when they played at Download, they had Paradise City and Nightrain on the Scuzz highlights, so I'm not sure about that. Then again, I believe Scuzz are affiliated with Download, so it was probably written into the contract of every band that played that there was a possibility their performances may be broadcast at a later date. Although a clause about unreleased material being in most of these contracts wouldn't surprise me, given the speed at which these things move now what with file sharing etc, and I'm sure the organisers and broadcasters would be sensitive to this fact.

But, as with most peoples' posts on this forum, the above is purely conjecture, don't take it as gospel.

Edited by andy-robertson

Bands that play Download festival aren't obligated to allow any of their performance to be shown afterwards. GnR did it through choice, as they did with Rock in Rio, and the other televised concerts they've shown in the last decade or so.

Usually they show the headliners set in full (or at least an hour or so's worth) in some capacity, either on the channel or online afterwards.

If I recall correctly, back in the 2006 tour (I think when they hit Australia) they had a news report about Guns tour and they were only allowed to film the first 30 seconds of the show.

Not saying Axl/Management will be so strict this time considering it's Reading/Leeds Festival and we're talking about the BBC but it wouldn't surprise me if they only allowed 3/4 songs to be recorded and they were probably pre-agreed with the band (Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child, Paradise City would be my guesses, with maybe another oldie or SOD or better).

I'd be very surprised if we got to see any of it live.

I think we'll get the whole show... In 06, we got full Rock in Rio & Inland Invasion... and then most of Rock Am Ring on TV a month later (minus 2 songs, not Guns' fault-- it was the tv station's 90 minute time slot).

We're lucky to get "Better" nowadays.

They didn't play it in two shows then suddenly it means they won't play it for the rest of the tour?

remember who you're dealing with here...GN'R fans, where everything gets blown out of proportion

They didn't play it in two shows then suddenly it means they won't play it for the rest of the tour?

That's how it started with Shackler's.

Yea but Better's been played since 06z

So had I.R.S.

True, but Better was a single.

Maybe it's worth someone emailing BBC and asking them whether they will definitely be showing GNR's performance live or just highlights another day

That's how it started with Shackler's.

Yea but Better's been played since 06z

So had I.R.S.

True, but Better was a single.

Whatever the case, I hope we get a decent setlist at these festivals. Imagine if they played a different setlist at both shows! :o