Why is Guns your favorite band?

Vincent Vega

First thing that got me really hooked was November Rain. I didn't even dig SCOM so much in the beginning.

I remember hearing SCOM and PC a lot when they came out thinking the guitar sounded so circusy. I fell in love with those songs later. But I was amazed by Axl and Slash in the SCOM video where I got my first good look at them and how they moved.

WTTJ got me immediately.

Edited by Orsys

Because of Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Brain and to a certain extent Robin.

I like the old band, and think their music is timeless, unlike Chinese, but the truth is that I'm not into rock n' roll THAT much.

I like it but since I'm a guitar geek, the new band does it better for me.

Hm, they caught my attention when I was in the process of getting into hard rock and metal via the beautiful ballads and I saw the "Don't cry" video. Before that I was a U2 fan but they were getting to smooth and electronic for my taste. And the more I listened to GNR the more I loved the authentically fierce and raw power combined with Axl's ability for utter gentleness. And last but not least - I dug the boys' tight leather pants and Axl's dancing style. I don't find Axl so physically attractive any more, but the essence of what he stands for is still there both in his music and behaviour and I still love both.

No other band strike cords in me as much as Guns N' Roses with this amazing and totally distinctive voice.