If you were in GNR, wouldn't you be pissed off?

ags_rule

Just reading some reviews has really pissed me off. All these pretentious assholes going "Axl had the sheer audacity to play material from Chinese Democracy to the bored crowd!" I mean, these are the same little pricks that were going on about how GNR were a cover band before Chinese Democracy was released. And then, when it finally is, they say they shouldn't play any material from it?! At least GNR aren't trying to be a nostalgia act, like Aerosmith are. The new setlist is heavy with Chinese Democracy material, and the band's logo and stage show is entirely based around new CD-related images.

Even counting the "new songs" form Chinese Democracy, it's still largely a cover band. I don't think this variation of lineups will ever escape that criticism, its just part of replacing everybody in the band but yourself and continuing to release albums. People are always going to talk about how this is a cover band and the "new material" isn't as good as the old stuff, stop acting surprised every time you see it

The new material isn't very good, imo; So I think that is why some fans booed. He doesn't have to play old guns material to be sucessful.

Write some new stuff.

Fans booing at the Jungle opening riff:

EDIT: To be fair the booing ended pretty soon though.

Yep, it was a festival and they were late and everyone hates Axl - even lots on this site!! BUT the booing got less and less and at the end - did they leave? NO they all stayed chanting for more!!

The new material isn't very good, imo; So I think that is why some fans booed. He doesn't have to play old guns material to be sucessful.

Write some new stuff.

'You're gonna Dieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieiei%ei-eiei(e%^ie&iei"£%^$&$&$^£%"%"$!$%$%&&^*()(-/_)_^***{/?"?--_'

SFX in full swing :D

Edited by star

Write some new stuff.

'You're gonna Dieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieieiei%ei-eiei(e%^ie&iei"£%^$&$&$^£%"%"$!$%$%&&^*()(-/_)_^***{/?"?--_'

SFX in full swing :D

I agree, it's a shame. I think he could pull it off without the echo, but doing so would surely exhaust his voice more and cause more shakiness (is that a word :D) during the first verse

The new material is very good, but fans love gnr classic songs that's why they have to play old songs. And those who boo are in general old gnr fans who don't accept this new lineup. Chinese Democracy was bashed by old gnr fans before being heard and released

Edited by Anahzul