Any other UK fans concerned about a repeat of the Dublin hostility when they tour over here?

Towelie

Hopefully this might be of some use for anyone going to Manc who's going from out of town. Stayed in their places a couple of times and they're fine despite the constant threat of Lenny Henry showing up.

Definatly-I've stayed in the premier inns a few times for gigs-last weekend at Wembley stadium- they're always close to the venues or transport-all simillar standard-not overpriced and a nice all you can eat brekkie in the morning :thumbsup: shit-they should have me in the next tv advert!!

I'm down in Manc in a couple of weeks with the girlfriend. Staying in the one at Deansgate Locks. Been in the Premier Inn up in Aberdeen once for the football and alsmost got ejected as there was more of us there than there was meant to be :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

axltourwenn__opt__oPt.jpg

GNR Fans Get Screwed Out Of Ticket Refunds

It must be really difficult to be a Guns 'N Roses fan.

The band has notoriously showed up late, walked off stage, and have caused riots at all of their recent shows, including last week's Dublin show where the band performed on stage for only 20 minutes.

Axl Rose and his fellow bandmates kept concertgoers waiting for over an hour, which later resulted in boos and bottle-throwing from their audience.

Acting like the big babies they are, GNR walked off stage. And now concert promoters refuse to give fans their refunds because he says that the band came back on stage an hour later and finished their set.

The problem is, most fans thought the show was over and left the venue. And with ticket prices these days, you know that shizzz ain't cheap!

UGH! Sorry, GNR fans! It's time to move on to another group of has-beens!

http://perezhilton.com/2010-09-13-guns_n_roses_fans_get_screwed_out_of_refunds

Strangely, some of the best seats in the house are still available from the ticket promoter

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004502ABCF65E5?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Already got myself some standing tickets, but just thought i'd check how they were selling, and got offered two seats on the 5th row, block 102 !!

A bit strange...

Edited by Azazel

Strangely, some of the best seats in the house are still available from the ticket promoter

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1F004502ABCF65E5?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Already got myself some standing tickets, but just thought i'd check how they were selling, and got offered two seats on the 5th row, block 102 !!

A bit strange...

They usually keep tickets back for guest list/comps etc. They then put any left overs back on sale. This is probably those tickets.

what time should you start queing to get in?

Personally i'm not gonna bother queuing - the gig is also a school reunion so we'll prolly have a few beers and head in around 9.00.

Depends if you want to be close to the front I guess - six-ish if you want front row I reckon!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Okay.. I'm afraid I won't get them in time, especially for Birmingham/Manchester. Leaving for London a week before, and need to get them from the ebay seller

I'm worried about the tickets too as I wont be at home the week before (will be in London too). Did you get them cheaper on ebay or?

Okay.. I'm afraid I won't get them in time, especially for Birmingham/Manchester. Leaving for London a week before, and need to get them from the ebay seller

I'm worried about the tickets too as I wont be at home the week before (will be in London too). Did you get them cheaper on ebay or?

No. Wasn't fast enough, and had to pay double price on ebay <_<

They got some seriously bad press over the whole Reading incident, and the Dublin fiasco was just a disaster. I have to say I'm a little concerned that they won't get the warmest of receiptions from a UK crowd when they inevitably turn up on stage around 10.30.

Let's hope not.

If the crowd behaves like Dublin crowd, it's going to be a waste of money for those who bought the tickets. We'll see if these crowds will be clever or not :shrugs:

I think it's all about the media, which is a shame. The press loves to bitch about GN'R, like REALLY love it. And when everyone reads all the negative press they will already stand a bit on the negative side even before they get to the show, without knowing it themself. If you look around, GN'R is not the only band that goes late on stage. Actually I can't think of one single sow I've been to, where the band have went on exactly on time. But only because it's GN'R and media already have written bad reviews about them, it's much worse than if it was someone else.

I've waited 40 mins for Muse, an hour for Foo Fighters etc, who gives a shit? You're at a concert.

Somehow though its fine that other bands are late, because when GN'R are late, people question whether they'll actually show up. It's true, unfortunately.

I don't care though, the shit rags can write what they want, the truth is evident from seeing the band.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I've waited 40 mins for Muse, an hour for Foo Fighters etc, who gives a shit? You're at a concert.

Somehow though its fine that other bands are late, because when GN'R are late, people question whether they'll actually show up. It's true, unfortunately.

I don't care though, the shit rags can write what they want, the truth is evident from seeing the band.

Yeah never hear the media whining about waiting for other bands :fuckyou:

Who are/is the support act for the UK shows?

PLEASE NOT THE MURDERDOLLS