The Radiohead Thread

inthisriver

On 23rd August 2009 a group of Radiohead fans descended on

the Výstavištĕ Holešovice Exhibition Hall in Prague on a mission –

to capture the band playing using as many different angles as possible.

Bringing together the exceptional talents of many contributors,

here is the result.

Prague Show filmed by fans - released 23.08.10

I think it's right about that time to listen to Hail To The Thief and then maybe some Kid A if I'm up for it.

Gush over Radiohead in this thread folks. Lets keep it light and happy.

edit: They officially finished working on a "new batch of songs" hopefully we'll get something early next year or late this year if we're lucky.

tracks from 09. Give us some new fucking music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztj_TnUQyY

syorke.jpg

Now, lets take a look back.

Pablo Honey (1993)

radioheadpablohoney.jpg

The Bends (1995)

radioheadthebendse.jpg

Ok Computer (1997)

1237643654e4deb2c008a01.jpg

Kid A (2000)

kidaw.png

Amnesiac (2001)

amnesiacstandardz.jpg

Hail To The Thief (2003)

hailtothetheif.jpg

In Rainbows (2007)

albuminrainbows.jpg

Edited by David_Bowie

Thom Yorke is a genius, i can't wait for the new Radiohead album, hopefully seeing them live next year.

My favourite album is OK Computer, not only does Radiohead change style every album but they also deliver, every album gets more amazing so its nearly imposibble to mention the worst thing they have made.

This thread deserves atleast 10 pages

Thom Yorke is a genius, i can't wait for the new Radiohead album, hopefully seeing them live next year.

My favourite album is OK Computer, not only does Radiohead change style every album but they also deliver, every album gets more amazing so its nearly imposibble to mention the worst thing they have made.

Amnesiac blows, so does half of Thief; And I don't care what any hipster tries to tell you - Pablo Honey is not a good record.

Amnesiac blows, so does half of Thief; And I don't care what any hipster tries to tell you - Pablo Honey is not a good record.

I'll agree with most of this post - while I don't listen to Amnesiac much, I don't think it's a bad record. But HttT just kind of falls flat, it doesn't have much life to it, and Pablo Honey is just boring.

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided I'll keep the first updated with their most recent singles since I'm anticipating a new album early next year. *fingers crossed* However, their last 2 singles are from last year, these are my twisted words and Harry Patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztj_TnUQyY

He's a wanker.

:( I've come to expect better from you. I try and contribute to your threads why not return the love? :shrugs:

I LOVE OK Computer, but I've never got around to listening to any of their other albums yet.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of there albums. Try "The Bends" or as Bowie said "In Rainbows," once you tackle those move onto "Kid A." "Hail to the Thief" is another good "Entry level" album by them, but as I said, pick any album and you can't go wrong :thumbsup:

It's been 4 years since I've seen them, and it was a 2 night show at a small outdoor venue by the bay in June. Perfect weather. Plus an hour's worth of soundchecks, and right across from a place to get a drink and eat dinner before the show. They stopped doing rock concerts there 2 years ago.

I saw them once on the OK Computer tour and sadly I was dissapointed with their show. Lack of everything. Poor performance, poor presentation, terrible crowd. Oh well. I will admit to liking only a handful of the stuff they´ve released since OK Computer. I think most of it sucks but there´s some amazing gems as well if you´re willing to give the albums a go and find them. I think the opinion that Radiohead are brilliant innovators is a bit overrated but they do at least try to make music that´s inspiring to themselves. Nobody can blame Radiohead for selling out but at times I feel they try so hard not to sell out they make lesser quality music just to avoid the mainstreme. I mean I´m a huge fan of Pablo Honey and The Bends and that stuff was never tailor made for mainstreme yet it went that way cause it was so fucking good. I´d love it if Radiohead went back to their roots and did a guitar driven album rather than trying so hard not to be liked haha! Radiohead to me has the potential to be incredibly amazing but they just don´t want it. I´d love RADIOhead to take back radio cause they could and the music would still be absolutely incredible.

What gets me though is fucking asshole Radiohead fans who say to me I´m a slave to top 40 pop music cause Pablo, Bends and OK are my three favorite Radiohead albums. Honestly Radiohead fans as a group tend to be the most elitist and arrogant music fans out there. It´s like if you don´t praise Kid A you have no taste. newsflash, other bands were doing Kid A type albums well before Radiohead ever did it and they were doing it better. Just because it was Radiohead doens´t make it fucking classic above and beyond all else. It was nice album and a change of pace but enough already.

What gets me though is fucking asshole Radiohead fans who say to me I´m a slave to top 40 pop music cause Pablo, Bends and OK are my three favorite Radiohead albums. Honestly Radiohead fans as a group tend to be the most elitist and arrogant music fans out there.

Couldn't agree more. The hardcore fans of RH are insane pricks. I lurk on a RH board and those people are absolutely insane. I personally really love everything RH did, but it took me FOREVER to like it, and thats why I understand when people don't like them.

And The Bends is a kick ass album :thumbsup: