Question for Gibson / Richard Fortus connoisseurs...

The Glow Inc.

Maybe this should be in the Musician section...Feel free to move it and sorry for the inconvenience if it should...

I've been checking out Fortus's gear lately and man, this guy has an amazing guitars.

If you haven't, check his Gear section on his website...Some incredible Telecasters and vintage Gibson guitars.

Love his Trussart Steeldevilles too. The chrome one left me speechless at the concert.

Anyway, I'd like to know the model of this guitar because I'm in love with it and plan to buy the same model if possible :

Bild%20018.jpg

4tus.jpg

Bild%20016.jpg

The closest thing I've found is an ES 137 but I'm not sure at all because of the color ( the ES 137 is not available in black ).

p1_up0ts1qbt_so.jpg

Any idea ?

Oh ok.

So it's a 175.

It looked like it but I thought the 175 was thicker :shrugs:

I suppose I'll stick with the 135 because the 175 is dang expensive ^^'

And yes, Richard has that sort of dark/silent Izzy vibe. I'd love to hear his playing on a solo album because what I've heard of him so far ( soundtracks, jams, session work, live ) was really great.

Really a spectacular guitarist live. Looks a bit like he's on drugs ( he probably isn't ) but he is very entertaining to watch. Really gives it 110% to the audience.

If the rest of the ChiDem sessions ever gets released, I sure hope he plays a larger role like he suggested in the interviews.

You were correct. It is a 135, NOT a 175. The 175's ARE thicker (see, you know much more than others that THINK they know what they are talking about). I have a couple of the 175's but they are very difficult to control in a live environment. I'm working with Gibson on a new signature model that would be based on the 135 but with a solid mahogany block, maple top, back and sides and a mahogany neck. 1 pickup in the bridge position with only a volume control! Straight up rock n' roll machine. Stop tailpiece with 3 ply binding and trying to figure out a way to have a maple cap on the center-block like a Paul.

thanks for asking! Oh by the way, you can always email me directly with guitar questions to my website (4tus.com).

thanks,

richard

Oh ok.

So it's a 175.

It looked like it but I thought the 175 was thicker :shrugs:

I always really liked the way Richard sounds. Especially in the 2006 line-up he was for me the only one with a proper gear.

But ron's sound in GNR had improved a lot from that time.

I would really like to hear some new songs, I always thought Rich would be a great old-school typed songwriter, like Izzy or much more someone from stones and etc. It would be nice to have a proof. Is there any solo stuff from richard out there? And I don't mean colaborations..you know, something that would be really his stuff.

You were correct. It is a 135, NOT a 175. The 175's ARE thicker (see, you know much more than others that THINK they know what they are talking about). I have a couple of the 175's but they are very difficult to control in a live environment. I'm working with Gibson on a new signature model that would be based on the 135 but with a solid mahogany block, maple top, back and sides and a mahogany neck. 1 pickup in the bridge position with only a volume control! Straight up rock n' roll machine. Stop tailpiece with 3 ply binding and trying to figure out a way to have a maple cap on the center-block like a Paul.

thanks for asking! Oh by the way, you can always email me directly with guitar questions to my website (4tus.com).

thanks,

richard

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this Richard!

And welcome to your forum!